Report: My 3rd Consecutive Marriage Visa Renewal (march 7th)

I was going to go on Monday, but ended up going today for my 3rd consecutive marriage visa renewal (non-immigrant "O").

I wasn't really sure what documents they would expect this year, as it seems to change every year. I read some reports around here that they would require a statement from the Amphur certifying that the marriage is still valid. I can confirm that this is not needed.

I did my application, as I did last year, based on my income from my own companies overseas. In addition to the letter from my company stating my position and monthly income, I also took originals and copies of everything, including the marriage certificate, tabien baan, my wife's and my passport and my bank book showing monthly transfers. What I didn't bring was a statement from the bank certifying the balance in my account. I correctly assumed this is also not required if you're applying based on monthly income.

They did however want photos of our house, including in the immigration official's own words, the living room, bedroom, bathroom and the kitchen. Sorry, I didn't bring any and nobody told me. I brought that 3 years ago (was an apartment back then) and didn't need it last year. I wasn't aware they would require this every year now (kind of strange anyways?) and the immigration official said it's okay, I would just need to bring it next year. Glad they didn't send us back home to get the photos.

Basically that's it. It took a waiting time of about 10 minutes until our number was called. Then another 15 minutes or less for everything and I got the 1 month "under consideration" stamp. In 1 month I'll be able to pick up the other 11 months.

I hope this post, though not much, is a help to some of you. Feel free to ask any questions :o

(Thanks to everyone for their answers to my questions the past days and weeks, especially lopburi3 who always seems to answer every one of my stupid questions!)

Edited by rainman

Rainman,

Sounds all good, but it is still is under consideration leaving it up to how that particular immigration officer feels that day when he or she looks at your application in BKK. Ask the immigration officers at your home immigration department and they will tell you the exact same. The ecstasy is when you actually see it approved and stamped in your book. Always be prepared for the unexpected and then you will be all right. This is Thailand. More than likey all is good, but it is never bad to have a plan B.

Peace

Uncletom

Yes, I'm aware of that :o By the way, does the same Immigration officer look at the application again in a month? Or is it random?

I forgot to mention, she also wanted me to draw a map to our house. Not sure if we should expect a visit or not. They never came when we were living much closer to the Immigration office for the past 2 years than we are now.

Darn a picture of your bed room, living room, bath room and kitchen, what's next the two of you in bed doing it. :o:D:D:D

Hi all

I've just gone through the Non Imm 'O' visa extension due to marriage for the first time and at Kap Chong they required NO photo's at all and they are not requested in their information leaflet for this transaction.

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude