Refusal Of Non 'o' Single Entry

Hi All,

My friend went to Suvanakhet in Laos last week to apply for his second Non 'O' single entry marriage visa. He had all the required documentation but was refuse the visa. The man at the consulate said that he was only allowed one Non 'O' visa a year, and he should have extended the last one he was given for a year. My friend did not argue or try to change the man's mind and simply changed his application to a tourist visa. (My friend is saving up the money to be able to show a lump sum in the bank and also altering how his pension is paid to be able to satisfy immigration for this extension.)

Is this right / correct? Foreigner’s who are married to a Thai but do not have enough money to extend their 3 month visa will be refused future 3 month visa's for the period of one year and will be forced to take a tourist visa to remain in Thailand instead?

I can't believe this, but TIT.

Nick.

Hi All,

My friend went to Suvanakhet in Laos last week to apply for his second Non 'O' single entry marriage visa. He had all the required documentation but was refuse the visa. The man at the consulate said that he was only allowed one Non 'O' visa a year, and he should have extended the last one he was given for a year. My friend did not argue or try to change the man's mind and simply changed his application to a tourist visa. (My friend is saving up the money to be able to show a lump sum in the bank and also altering how his pension is paid to be able to satisfy immigration for this extension.)

Is this right / correct? Foreigner’s who are married to a Thai but do not have enough money to extend their 3 month visa will be refused future 3 month visa's for the period of one year and will be forced to take a tourist visa to remain in Thailand instead?

I can't believe this, but TIT.

Nick.

Up to each Consulate/ Embassy what they require.

A lump sum in the bank will not get him a years extension based on Marriage. If his pension is at least 40,000 Baht a month he will be ok.

The problem is not that immigration won't extend his next Non 'O' visa, if he does as they require. The problem is that the consulate in Suvanakhet will not issue him another single entry, as they are saying that they only issue people one single entry a year and that he should have extended it last time.

Nick.

The problem is not that immigration won't extend his next Non 'O' visa, if he does as they require. The problem is that the consulate in Suvanakhet will not issue him another single entry, as they are saying that they only issue people one single entry a year and that he should have extended it last time.

Nick.

Go to another Consulate.

Nick.

Whyever would they ? He is avoiding the financial obligations required of people applying for an O extension based on support.

He's not avoiding anything, he went to immigration in Nong Khai, sat down with the officials and they looked at all of his information and explained to him how they wanted it displayed in the form of a letter from his bank. Because he had not been showing regular payments in to his bank, they said wait 3 months to get it looking how they want it. He was then refused a further single entry visa from Savanakhet.

Edited by ajannick

He's not avoiding anything, he went to immigration in Nong Khai, sat down with the officials and they looked at all of his information and explained to him how they wanted it displayed in the form of a letter from his bank. Because he had not been showing regular payments in to his bank, they said wait 3 months to get it looking how they want it. He they was refused a further single entry visa.

How long ago was this ? It still sounds like he didn't or couldn't comply with the requirements. It isn't a negotiable sort of thing.

He's not avoiding anything, he went to immigration in Nong Khai, sat down with the officials and they looked at all of his information and explained to him how they wanted it displayed in the form of a letter from his bank. Because he had not been showing regular payments in to his bank, they said wait 3 months to get it looking how they want it. He was then refused a further single entry visa from Savanakhet.

If he is extending at Nong Kai (not the greatest choice) why is he not applying for the Non O Visa in Vientianne?. Just up the road.

This has all happened within a couple of weeks. NK immigration told him they will grant him an extension, on his current saving / pension, but it needs to be formated in the way they have explained to him. He is still saving money but he has told me that it is a formating issue that immigration have not a financial one, with his application. (I think in my original post I did not explain this correctly).

Edited by ajannick

Has this happend to anyone else?

Yes! i confirm this has happened to me in savanakhet. they told me they would give me only non-O in a year. the idea is they want you to extend it in thailand and for one year.

bye

alexboy

This has all happened within a couple of weeks. NK immigration told him they will grant him an extension, on his current saving / pension, but it needs to be formated in the way they have explained to him. He is still saving money but he has told me that it is a formating issue that immigration have not a financial one, with his application. (I think in my original post I did not explain this correctly).

A formating issue ... what does that mean ?

Naka.

A formating issue ... what does that mean ?

Naka.

I would love to know.