Recs. For A Good U.s. Income Tax Prep. Cpa In Bkk?

Anyone have a good, personal experience-based recommendation for a U.S. income tax documents preparer based in Bangkok???

That time of year is coming soon, and I could use my old tax prep CPA in the U.S. by doing everything by courier, but it seems easier and maybe less expensive to do all the prep work here, and then just mail the docs when all is done.

If you've had good experience with anyone, please post the name, location and contact phone. Thanks!!!

Anyone have a good, personal experience-based recommendation for a U.S. income tax documents preparer based in Bangkok???

That time of year is coming soon, and I could use my old tax prep CPA in the U.S. by doing everything by courier, but it seems easier and maybe less expensive to do all the prep work here, and then just mail the docs when all is done.

If you've had good experience with anyone, please post the name, location and contact phone. Thanks!!!

Forum rules won't let me post my URL, email address, or telephone because I do not advertise here. I do expat returns here in BKK and have done for several years. PM me for details.

By the way, if you are living here, the filing deadline is not 4/15 but 6/15. You get an automatic extension of time to file AND PAY until 6/15. All you need do is attach a statement to your return saying you are entitled.

Edited by lanny

No need to use courier to send orginals. Can be done with scanned copies and e-mail.

TH

By the way, if you are living here, the filing deadline is not 4/15 but 6/15. You get an automatic extension of time to file AND PAY until 6/15. All you need do is attach a statement to your return saying you are entitled.

As a CPA with a license in Florida that is active, I also have a Masters Degree in Accounting and I have never had any complaints with the Florida Department of Business Regulations.

I live in Pattaya.

I can tell you are correct the filing date for expats is 6/15. But if you owe taxes they must be paid by 4/15. This is a very important factor due to the fact that by paying your taxes late you are subject to penalties and interest on taxes being paid late.

You need to read the tax code a little better and give the correct advice to you clients and potential clients.

I don’t do taxes for other people, so don’t bother PM me.

As a CPA with a license in Florida that is active, I also have a Masters Degree in Accounting and I have never had any complaints with the Florida Department of Business Regulations.

I live in Pattaya.

I can tell you are correct the filing date for expats is 6/15. But if you owe taxes they must be paid by 4/15. This is a very important factor due to the fact that by paying your taxes late you are subject to penalties and interest on taxes being paid late.

You need to read the tax code a little better and give the correct advice to you clients and potential clients.

I don’t do taxes for other people, so don’t bother PM me.

I, too, am a CPA, from California, and have an MBA in finance and accounting. I have been working with expat tax returns for over 25 years. I think that, by now, I know the basic rules pretty well. YOU need to read the tax code a little better. The automatic extension for expats is, unlike other extensions, an extension of time to file and PAY. See Section 1.6081-2(5)

True, IRS does charge interest from 4/15 but there is no penalty for the payment, if made by 6/15.

I, too, am a CPA, from California, and have an MBA in finance and accounting.

Do you have an active license? Do you do you 80 of CPE's ever two years. Or is that to costly and time consuming. Or did you once become a CPA many years ago and fail to stay up to date on the present codes. Then think you can state you’re a CPA because you once were. In other words did you stop maintaining researching the new codes that issued constantly? I did not see you mention your license was active.

I will scan in the tax code for you when I have time to find it. But, never the less you failed to mention in your previous post the possibilities that you could fill your tax return on 6/15, but any taxes due must be paid by 4/15. You might think that is a small detail but somebody that makes millions and would have to pay 100,000's in interest I don't think would be too happy with your advice.

• 2 months later...