Telephoning The Uk From Thailand

rocky

I will be manning the sales line from the company i work for in the UK but answereing calls and emails from thailand.

My company have an 0845 telephone number and one of those press 1 for sales and 2 for accounts systems,

when anyone needs to speak to me , the telephone will divert to a thai telephone number at a cost of 0.5p per minute to my uk company. The customer in the UK will not know that the telephone is being answered anywhere but the UK.

The company I work for in the UK will not pay for me to make the calls back to the UK from thailand and I must pay for these myself.

So here is the question

I am looking for a telephone server or provider that gives discounted calls from thailand to the UK, Does any one have any information. It is important that it is not an interent type call where there is a big delay, the call must be in real time.

I have heard of dialing 809 (00144809 then the telephone number) Is this a answer to my question, if so what is the cost of the calls etc.

Thank you in advance

The number is 809, but not quite as you quoted.

It would be 001 809 441 ...........

Uses voice over IP. I use it for faxes without bother or delay.

TOT alos has an international service via 009 441.......

The first is about 10 baht a minute and I believe the TOT serives is the same, though I have never managed to get a connection that way.

Uses voice over IP. I use it for faxes without bother or delay.

The first is about 10 baht a minute and I believe the TOT serives is the same, though I have never managed to get a connection that way.

I am on AIS and use TOT international to call the UK and I have been using the 009 44 prefix for quite a while and the calls cost me about 10 baht a minute and they also work with the (0) 845 and (0) 870 numbers as well.

Using the 009 prefix has cut down on my phone bills quite a lot.

Hope that this is of use.

Uses voice over IP.  I use it for faxes without bother or delay.

I am on AIS and use TOT international to call the UK and I have been using the 009 44 prefix for quite a while and the calls cost me about 10 baht a minute and they also work with the (0) 845 and (0) 870 numbers as well.

Can you explain these further?

001 809 441 ...........

009 441.....

I can just use these prefixes from my landline (TOT) and get cheap overseas calls? Do I have to register first?

At the moment, I use a hatari card from 7-11 via my mobile (free mobile call) and it works out pretty cheap. although, if I call HK, it is still much cheaper to get someone there to call me back

Uses voice over IP.  I use it for faxes without bother or delay.

Can you explain these further?

001 809 441 ...........

009 441.....

I can just use these prefixes from my landline (TOT) and get cheap overseas calls? Do I have to register first?

At the moment, I use a hatari card from 7-11 via my mobile (free mobile call) and it works out pretty cheap. although, if I call HK, it is still much cheaper to get someone there to call me back

Spog

I use the 009 44 prefix to the UK as I use an AIS mobile.

I live up country and I have only been waiting a year for a landline (jai yen yen) I hear her say.

I cannot say if it works from a landline but give it a try and see what happens.

The 001 809 prefix works on land lines and uses CAT's voice over IP

I have treid on my DTAC mobile and it does not work there.

009 is an alternate international service offered by TOT and apparently works from any phone.

Neither of these services require any pre-registration.

Edited by astral

TOT have an offer on till the end of the year which I have

been using from my landline at home to call the UK.

Dial 007, take off the first digit from your area code, and then

your number.

Costs 9bht a min, but i've never had a broken line or trouble

getting through.

Rocky

Which company offers calls to thailand for 0.5p per min ?

U say that your company can call Thailand for this much.

Cheers

18866 is the company you can find them online, you set up an account and pay monthly diret debit.

When you set up the account you set up on the system online what telephone numbers you are going to call from, then when you call thailand you would call

188660066 ect.....

cost of calls

thailand landline 3p a minute

thailand mobile 15p a minute

also you can call anywhere in the world, after you have dialed the number, the telephone tells you how much the call will be before it starts ringing.

www.18866.com

sorry it has taken me a while to respond to this question

by the way 809 system from thailand costs 7bht a minute calling back to the uk.

There is little need for the informed to pay more than 1p per minute to call Thailand, landline and mobile, from the UK.

Pray tell me how to get the 1p per minute calls

I have a onetel account at my parents so they can call me in the condo for 28p p/m or my mobile for 48p p/m (cheap compared to BT)

I have just noticed Superline is a better deal @ 17p and 30p and will set up an account with them if I don't come up with a better one

There is little need for the informed to pay more than 1p per minute to call Thailand, landline and mobile, from the UK.

Pray tell me how to get the 1p per minute calls

I have a onetel account at my parents so they can call me in the condo for 28p p/m or my mobile for 48p p/m (cheap compared to BT)

I have just noticed Superline is a better deal @ 17p and 30p and will set up an account with them if I don't come up with a better one

My family use this number to call me in Thailand on landline and my mob.

Tell them to dial 08719998998 and then dial your number.

Call charges at 10p a min.

Good reception and no cut offs :o

• 2 months later...

VoIP Telephone handsets are available and offer generally the cheapest rates anywhere. There may be a few exceptions with specials and extras, but as an overall rate it is the cheapest way.

The handsets have no delay and in a lot of instances offer better quality than land lines. They can be configured to run in any country so you can give your parents/friends one in your home country to call Thailand and they can save too.

You do not need any computer or any special knowledge to use them so they are ideal for everyone.

:o

VoIP Telephone handsets are available and offer generally the cheapest rates anywhere. There may be a few exceptions with specials and extras, but as an overall rate it is the cheapest way.

The handsets have no delay and in a lot of instances offer better quality than land lines. They can be configured to run in any country so you can give your parents/friends one in your home country to call Thailand and they can save too.

You do not need any computer or any special knowledge to use them so they are ideal for everyone.

:D

Hello, How do you get a VoIP handset? Presumably this is a specific phone you need? sorry just never heard of one of these before. Thanks :o

I agree with manfromoz. I would go with a VOIP router.

I would not go with Skype for this application though Skype is a great service you want phone to phone service that is transparently sent over IP.

I would not go with these phone card/services because you're just paying them to route your calls over IP when you can do this yourself.

What you really want is a virtual point of presence in the UK so that you're clients are calling a UK number. If you get VOIP service from a UK company you should be assigned with a regular telephone number in your area. That number is assigned to a router. If you pick up that router and take it to Thailand it will still ring when that UK number is dialed. Further when you dial out to others it will show as a local call originating from a UK prefix and bill that way.

This is probably not strictly legal in Thailand but neither are the activities in Nana so as long as you don't setup your own telephone company you're probably fine.

I'm familiar with this from American companies like Vonage.com. Others may be able to assist you UK based operations, recommendations or just google 'VOIP UK'.

PS

Oh the one caveat of doing this is that you will need a good broadband connection like True. I assumed that you have some kind of good internet connection for your business use.

Edited by night_rider

There are a whole lot of alternatives that can be set up here. Points of presence in the UK is one, a dedicated handeset in Thailand is another, either dial-up modem or broadband connected.

If you are seriuos about doing something, PM me and we can discuss the best method for your requirements.

• 1 year later...

Sorry a bit confused here, as mixing up calling FROM UK and TO UK.

Going back to the original - calling UK FROM Thailand.

Would anyone agree Skype OUT is the best way to call UK from PC to UK landline.

Rates are I believe 0.017 Euro

Skype Out

Does anyone have better suggestions??

all of what you want is free...

you can get a free uk based tel no with sipgate (i think)

for calls to uk and thailand the voipbuster.com etc offer these free now for a 10 euro credit - they also give you a free no in a european country - but with sipgate you get voice mail free too

note there are several companies that have domain names that start voip - there are some other threads on TV that explain - they are the same swiss co and offer free calls for a 10 euro deposit and have a max 20hrs a week limit... theure rates allways beat skype etc

there`are many options now and no need t pay cash...

First to call from Thailand to UK I would recomend getting someone with a UK address to subscribe to Vonage, then take the small VOIP adapter to Thailand. You will have a UK number which rings in Thailand when dialed AND you will also have FREE calls to the UK and Ireland from Thailand. (Vonage subscription costs about £8 per month)

Next calls to Thailand from the UK. The best way I have found is to install either VOIPCheap or VOIPDiscount on your PC. Pay the 8 or 10 Euro sub and get your free local UK number. On the PC set the VOIP Utility to Always Divert calls to your VOIP Local number to any number you want in Thailand. It can be Landline or Mobile! Now give the VOIP local number to your friends and family and when they call it they get free calls to your landline or mobile in Thailand. The number you divert it to can be changed at any time just by editing the divert to line in the VOIP computer Util.

Your Credit never goes down because using VOIPCheap or VOIPDiscount gives FREE calls to Thailand mobiles and landlines and also free calls to many other places around the world.

Chris

i have a service that allows unlimited calls from my thai mobile to any Landline in European-nion,USA,CAN,AUST,NZ,CHINA and any Thai landline or mobile for just US$20 per month. It works via a UK callback service, Its better then buying topup cards and no worries about running out of mobile credit. fordetails text;+3531323996 or send me a PM