Losing A Pay-as-you-go 1-2 Call Phone

dantilley

This happened to me in October. I went to the AIS office in Central Bangna (5th floor, i think). I brought my passport and I knew a couple of the numbers that I called frequently. In the end, I didn't have to pay a dime for the new SIM and I even managed to get the receptionist's number out of the deal!

BFD!

go to your nearest 12 call office , explain give them some id and bingo same number on a new sim.

I'd assume you would have to register it prior in order for this to work. I never did this when I bought my sim. :o

Not necessarily mate, however it may have changed as do many things here on a daily basis. I lost an unregistered sim a while back, as BFD notes above that if you can convince them that it's your number with information only known to you, i.e numbers called etc then they would replace it. One particular piece of information that they will always ask is the date you last topped up and for how much.

Went to the local Telewiz shop in the Silom Complex armed with only my passport and got the new SIM card with my old number in about 10 minutes. Signed one form, showed my passport and then was given the new SIM card.

I bought the phone number about 3 and a half years ago and can't remember whether or not I registered it at the time - and even if I did, it would certainly have been under my old, now expired, passport.

So, yes, very easy, but perhaps too easy! It does make one wonder how easy it would be to commandeer someone else's number - if you were a vindictive sort, you could really annoy someone by stealing their number.