Phone Calls To Thailand From Uk

highlander76

For the last two years I have been using the same company to call my girl friend in Thailand with no problems but since Friday I have not been able to get though there is nothing wrong with her moble phone she can still call me . I have tried changing companys but still can not get though to her so maybe the phone code for Thailand has changed or something the companys number is 08445938900 then I would call her number 00666190 and last four numbers any ideas what I am doing wrong folks any help would be great.

I used to use these types of cards when I was in Uk and my family still do to call me. I know sometimes it just doesn't work for no reason. Is it all the time and how long have you been having the problems? If only a day maybe they have a problem with the phone lines. There should be a customer service number to call if you have problems. I can only suggest trying that. The code for Thailand certainly hasn't changed.

For the last two years I have been using the same company to call my girl friend in Thailand with no problems but since Friday I have not been able to get though there is nothing wrong with her moble phone she can still call me . I have tried changing companys but still can not get though to her so maybe the phone code for Thailand has changed or something the companys number is 08445938900 then I would call her number 00666190 and last four numbers any ideas what I am doing wrong folks any help would be great.

Try 08448612121 then the Thai number. It's 1p per minute and my daughter phoned me from the UK about 3 days ago so it was working then.

I used to use these types of cards when I was in Uk and my family still do to call me. I know sometimes it just doesn't work for no reason. Is it all the time and how long have you been having the problems? If only a day maybe they have a problem with the phone lines. There should be a customer service number to call if you have problems. I can only suggest trying that. The code for Thailand certainly hasn't changed.

If the Thai number you have quoted is genuine then there should be an 8 in there, i.e. 006686190....

All Thai mobiles start 08.

Maybe you are using an old number for some reason.

Thank you fast reples I have this problem since Friday I always phone the girl friend every night at midnight so I have not been able to talk to my girl friend three days now and she is getting very pissed of with me.

Hello...

Check out Ratebuster.co.uk.

I used it a lot last year. 2p a minute to Thai mobile from Uk landline. Not sure about cost from Mobile to Mobile.

No need for an account. Just dial 0844 ??????? access number then wait for cheesy message and dial thai number.

All the best :o

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Anyone wanting to call thailand should check out NIFTY LIST on their computer where you will find cheap call providers to land line and mobile phones to most countries in he world from the uk, having paid aroud £1 +vat per min with BT a few years ago it is great o get a call for as little as1p per min.

Prices quoted are usually from a BT lanline but if your phone provider is also your TV/internet provider they will charge a bit more, I think mine costs abiut 7 p per min at the moment, bad move from BT but the wife wanted the extra tv channels as you might expect.

I hope this information is helpful.

Roy :o

1p a minute to Thailand, FREE UK calls all day, every day, and the ability to just dial the number without having to wait while the "08*** *** ***" connects (which means you can store the number in the phone's phonebook) any better?

If so then just put 18185 into Google and sign up with them. I did a while ago, and now only have to pay BT for the line rental :o

Penkoprod

Edited by Penkoprod

Not totally relevant but when I was in the UK last year I bought a SIM card from the Carephone warehouse called Mobile World or something whihc worked out at about 10p per minute mobile to landline or 15p per minute to a Thai mobile. Not the cheapest i suspect but it was £10 with £10 of credit and I only needed it for a few days. Convenience over the cheapness of some calling cards I think.