Bbq Sandwich King

Nothing to do with the delivery, it was the restaurant that made the sandwich. Raw onion in a burger bun! Don't know how you can call that a sandwich. Must be an American thing!

The smoked meat was good, though I will not order the signature dish again as I didn't like the rest of it.

For me a sandwich starts with good bread and good filling, not a burger bun and raw onion that overpowers the taste of the meat!

Can't blame the delivery!

well food is all different....yes in US raw onions are put on many sandwiches, and raw onions are a part of most burgers, sorry i was wrong but , order with out onion or ask for grilled first , that is what i like a good grilled onion on my burger with cheese and mustard...

I wouldn't mind raw onion on a burger.

I ordered a sandwich and this is what I got.

Burger bun cut in two, 4 pieces smoked chicken, chopped raw onion and a little sauce with the top put on.

No salad or anything. I think it was bland for a signature dish.

I wouldn't mind raw onion on a burger.

I ordered a sandwich and this is what I got.

Burger bun cut in two, 4 pieces smoked chicken, chopped raw onion and a little sauce with the top put on.

No salad or anything. I think it was bland for a signature dish.

well you make what you like and learned to like and others have there likes.

i really like that sandwich myself ...so i guess it is up to you to ask about whats on a sandwich before you order and remove what you do not like ....kind like burger king ....get it your way...and salad rarly comes with any sandwich i have ever ordered anywhere in the world.

unless ordered on side dish.

unless you wanted a salad sandwich .......i always order all sandwiches without the greens and tomatoes, i will eat on side but not in sandwich...i order it my way....

You are right but, and there is always a but!

How can you call it a sandwich when it's in a burger bun?

Italians went to the states and they make great bread, why don't the Americans adopt some bread from them?

Your sandwiches would be sandwiches then and not burger buns.

I will order again from them because the other meal was great. But for me the signature dish was not a sandwich.

You are right but, and there is always a but!

Italians went to the states and they make great bread, why don't the Americans adopt some bread from them?

Your sandwiches would be sandwiches then and not burger buns.

I will order again from them because the other meal was great. But for me the signature dish was not a sandwich.

all the burger joints should change the names also i guess , to chicken burger not sandwich,

i like burger bun for sandwich but i must agree , ...IE soft roll for sandwich is my favorite and not hard french bread, but the word bread is also one that is a kin to all sorts of things , like ,,,hard as a rock ...rolls ....to soft as butter rolls ....a bun is used for all BBQ sandwiches in USA , i should say most ...80-90% in south and west ,,,as i have found..... then you get to Philly steak that is on soft roll....

i think east coast uses more rolls than west and south USA .

i know i have trouble finding a good soft roll in Thailand at times ......and i will say i love the tater tots ....most fries are good hear ...but tots are a treat.....

do they do a Philly Steak Sarnie?

I have heard that this is a really good sandwich but I have never had one.

and what you say about the bread, if that is the American way and you lot like it then thats good. not for me though, I like a nice farmhouse loaf sliced thick with a nice crust on it:D with some good strong cheddar and some pickles. ummm ummmm

I couldnt find the licking lips emoticon!

You can buy great bread all over the US. I guess you weren't expecting it, but I would have assumed the bbq chicken sandwich would be on a bun, rather than on what you may have been expecting. Just how that sandwich usually is

Edited by DP25

You can buy great bread all over the US. I guess you weren't expecting it, but I would have assumed the bbq chicken sandwich would be on a bun, rather than on what you may have been expecting. Just how that sandwich usually is

ok, I will try the BBQ chicken sandwich next time then. I know they must have other items on the menu that I would like because the Quisadillas where great, so I will be eating them again.

I tried the Metro burger, it did in fact fill me to the brim and was delicious with fresh condiments! Of course we had to eat the tater Tots and wings as well and dipped in the tangy sauce was great! Mark also gave us a taste of different cuts of pork and chicken! As I could not eat anymore, I was stuffed, Yep, got some ribs to go, and at home licked the box when done!!

We will be out there again soon, as I have been down with a bad back, ready to tackle them smoked ribs again, and this time I want double sauce!!

Jesse and Tukta

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing this review in Friday's Bangkok Post, the missus and I went seek out this place. I can vouch the quality the reviewer talks about. It was truly first rate, and unexpected for such a little, out of the way shop. I took some take out home with me, and it was great the day after as well!

BBQ Sandwich King

78 Samakhee Road, Thasai Sub-district

Muang Nonthaburi, Nonthaburi, 11000

T - 02-952-4075

bbqsandwichking.co.th

Highly recommend them if you are in the area!

JB

Sounds good to me with all the rave reviews. Wish they were in Chiang Mai

• 2 months later...

Mark DOES have a good food product at his main BBQ Sandwich King shop location, BUT do by-pass his second Slider Shack location in Nichida Thani where the food product and presentation are NOT of the highest quality.

Slider Shack advertises a Chicago Dog on a poppy seed bun which I salivated over when Mark first told me it would be sold at the Slider Shack. When I finally made it over there yesterday - buns are regular bought in Makro buns, brushed with egg and covered with poppy seed and then grilled - NOT my understanding of what a poppy seed roll is (better to go next door to Subway for the real bread).

I also ordered a Cheeseburger Slider - which for 90 Baht, would have been better (and cheaper) from Burger King (matter of fact - MCD now has a triple cheeseburger for 89 Baht which is not that bad). Sales girl had to "smell" the cheese to see if it was fresh, burger looked like an ordinary burger patty and real turn off was the bun which was a couple of days old (according to the girl - and it was also bought from Makro). :bah:

By the way, at his main shop he advertises "The buns we use are custom-made for us by a top French baker." Even though he does say his buns at Slider Shack are from Farmhouse. Why the difference in quality?

I cancelled both orders and wrote Mark about problems I encountered. I hope he takes better control of the new establishment and will not, and urge others to NOT buy from Slider Shack until he makes some serious changes.

But again, if you have chance to visit his main BBQ Sandwich King shop, by all means do so.

Mark DOES have a good food product at his main BBQ Sandwich King shop location, BUT do by-pass his second Slider Shack location in Nichida Thani where the food product and presentation are NOT of the highest quality.

Slider Shack advertises a Chicago Dog on a poppy seed bun which I salivated over when Mark first told me it would be sold at the Slider Shack. When I finally made it over there yesterday - buns are regular bought in Makro buns, brushed with egg and covered with poppy seed and then grilled - NOT my understanding of what a poppy seed roll is (better to go next door to Subway for the real bread).

I also ordered a Cheeseburger Slider - which for 90 Baht, would have been better (and cheaper) from Burger King (matter of fact - MCD now has a triple cheeseburger for 89 Baht which is not that bad). Sales girl had to "smell" the cheese to see if it was fresh, burger looked like an ordinary burger patty and real turn off was the bun which was a couple of days old (according to the girl - and it was also bought from Makro). :bah:

By the way, at his main shop he advertises "The buns we use are custom-made for us by a top French baker." Even though he does say his buns at Slider Shack are from Farmhouse. Why the difference in quality?

I cancelled both orders and wrote Mark about problems I encountered. I hope he takes better control of the new establishment and will not, and urge others to NOT buy from Slider Shack until he makes some serious changes.

But again, if you have chance to visit his main BBQ Sandwich King shop, by all means do so.

The mark of a true restauranteur is the time and the care he/she puts into catering to their customers needs and of course the food they prepare. Since I have written the information above regarding the problem I had at Slider Shack, I heard from Mark the owner TWICE informing me to changes he has made in the hot dog bun (using a true poppy seed bun now made by Farmhouse) and a better quality burger for their sliders.

Mark offered to comp a Chicago Dog and a Slider Burger for me which I certainly appreciate but what I appreciate more is the time, the effort and the changes being made to his establishment's menu based on comments of a customer.

Mark, you are a true champion and I hope your business thrives in the New Year. Keep up the good work :jap:

Edited by scott_cos

• 1 month later...

I noticed an update today from Mark on his Facebook page re BBQ Sandwich King in transition....

The merger of bbq sandwich king and the slider shack

by Mark J. Grygiel on Monday, January 31, 2011 at 5:39pmDear Valued Customers,

RE: The Merger of BBQ Sandwich King & The Slider Shack

First, a big THANK YOU for allowing us to stay in business for a little over 3 years!

The news is that BBQ Sandwich King and The Slider Shack are merging at the new Slider Shack location, which is just outside the main entrance to Nichada Thani, in between CP Fresh Mart and Great Massage and opposite 7/11. This will take place the first week of February 2011.

So we will then be offering two menus in one location to better serve you. We will be open every day from 10:30-20:00, and this is the sole number to call for information and delivery: 086.773.4140.

The original BBQ Sandwich King location on Samakhee Road inside the Samakhee Badminton Court complex and near Smile Beauty will no longer exist, so please do not dial this number any longer: XXXXXXXXXXX.

We greatly appreciate your patronage, patience and understanding while we settle in and "get regular" as the folks say back in Texas.

If you have any questions, comments or special requests, then please call me on my personal mobile phone at XXXXXXXXXX or email me at: eat @ bbqsandwichking.co.th

Sincerely,

Mark J. Grygiel

Founder of BBQ Sandwich King & The Slider Shack

• 8 months later...

bbq sandwich king is back in business in downtown central bangkok via farangfooddelivery.com after a two month hiatus.

I noticed an update today from Mark on his Facebook page re BBQ Sandwich King in transition....

The merger of bbq sandwich king and the slider shack

by Mark J. Grygiel on Monday, January 31, 2011 at 5:39pmDear Valued Customers,

RE: The Merger of BBQ Sandwich King & The Slider Shack

First, a big THANK YOU for allowing us to stay in business for a little over 3 years!

The news is that BBQ Sandwich King and The Slider Shack are merging at the new Slider Shack location, which is just outside the main entrance to Nichada Thani, in between CP Fresh Mart and Great Massage and opposite 7/11. This will take place the first week of February 2011.

So we will then be offering two menus in one location to better serve you. We will be open every day from 10:30-20:00, and this is the sole number to call for information and delivery: 086.773.4140.

The original BBQ Sandwich King location on Samakhee Road inside the Samakhee Badminton Court complex and near Smile Beauty will no longer exist, so please do not dial this number any longer: XXXXXXXXXXX.

We greatly appreciate your patronage, patience and understanding while we settle in and "get regular" as the folks say back in Texas.

If you have any questions, comments or special requests, then please call me on my personal mobile phone at XXXXXXXXXX or email me at: eat @ bbqsandwichking.co.th

Sincerely,

Mark J. Grygiel

Founder of BBQ Sandwich King & The Slider Shack

My friends and I used to go there all the time.... until Mark charged my buddy for a small serving of sauce for his sandwich. Mark didn't mention to my friend he was being charged for it.

We found out after we got the bill. Now its ok to charge people for things... even a small dallop of sauce for a sandwich, just let the customer know ahead of time that hes going to be charged 50 baht for it. Who would have thought we'd be charged for sauce?!?

We haven't been back since. A little greed will lose you customers.

Greg