Visa To The Uk

Hi guys and Gals looking for some info. im looking to get a visa for my girlfriend, we have been together for around 2 years, we are not married, we have a baby who is thai/british. Im wanting to go home my situation is i have not got the evidence of the funds to say i can support my girlfriend also my family dont have the evidence of funds to say they can support her. we are looking for a visa to marry in the uk and stay long term. my friend is willing to sponsor her would that meet the criteria for a visa to the uk. any advice would be gratefully accepted please tell me the process Thanks Marshall

As a general principle, in relation to settlement visas you need to show that the two parties to the relationship can support themselves from their own resources. In other words, you are not able to rely upon someone else's financial assistance. This is slightly different in relation to fiancée settlement applications as before the marriage you can rely upon third party help, but afterwards, you need to demonstrate that you can maintain yourselves from your own funds.

Consequently, your partner could apply for a fiancée settlement visa and present your friend as being the financial guarantor, but she would still need to show that following the marriage you would be able to support yourselves from your own resources.

Scouse.

As a general principle, in relation to settlement visas you need to show that the two parties to the relationship can support themselves from their own resources. In other words, you are not able to rely upon someone else's financial assistance. This is slightly different in relation to fiancée settlement applications as before the marriage you can rely upon third party help, but afterwards, you need to demonstrate that you can maintain yourselves from your own funds.

Consequently, your partner could apply for a fiancée settlement visa and present your friend as being the financial guarantor, but she would still need to show that following the marriage you would be able to support yourselves from your own resources.

Scouse.

I will have proof of a contract of employment which i am getting sent from the uk stating my job and salary. would that be enough for after the Marriage.

So my friend can be a financial guarantor for the first visa and then after we marry i will support everything with my salary is that correct scouse many thanks for this info as ive not got a clue about this process.marshall

If you'll be starting your job immediately upon returning to the UK, you can use that as evidence of your ability to maintain yourself and your fiancée from the word go.

Scouse.

So scouse if i have the contract would i still need a guarantor as i said i have no bank statements or financies.would the employment contract be enough. also what about accomadation we will be staying with my brother is there any evidence needed there. thanks in advance Scouse.

The Immigration Rules do not require you to have bank statement: the embassy just asks for them as a means of establishing your ability to maintain your spouse. It is perfectly reasonable to demonstrate this by other means and an employment contract should do this. You will also need confirmation from your brother that he can provide accommodation. As well as a letter stating this, he will need to provide evidence that the house is his to let you live there (either mortgage statement or tenancy agreement). You will need to have at least one room in the house for the sole and exclusive use of you and your wife.

Scouse.

Hi Marshall

I don't know if its the same where you live, or will live in the UK, as i live in Jersey, but I went down to the immigration office here to have a chat with them and find out what evidence they would be happy with in terms of supporting my g/f and baby. I did have statements which they looked at but they were more keen to know that I had a job and could prove this in writing. So I got a letter from my employer, confirming how long I had worked there, my salary, even any potential bonuses from work. I completed a sponsorship form with them and gave them all I could.

I also got a letter from my landlord addressed to me confirming that my girlfriend and baby could stay in my flat, he mentioned them by name. I even took photos of the inside to show that there was enough space. I suppose you brother will need to give you a letter and a copy of his mortgage/deeds to the house, plus maybe some photos to show this.

I think if you give as much as you can you can't go wrong.

Good luck mate

John

Hi Marshall

I don't know if its the same where you live, or will live in the UK, as i live in Jersey, but I went down to the immigration office here to have a chat with them and find out what evidence they would be happy with in terms of supporting my g/f and baby. I did have statements which they looked at but they were more keen to know that I had a job and could prove this in writing. So I got a letter from my employer, confirming how long I had worked there, my salary, even any potential bonuses from work. I completed a sponsorship form with them and gave them all I could.

I also got a letter from my landlord addressed to me confirming that my girlfriend and baby could stay in my flat, he mentioned them by name. I even took photos of the inside to show that there was enough space. I suppose you brother will need to give you a letter and a copy of his mortgage/deeds to the house, plus maybe some photos to show this.

Good luck mate

John

Thanks everyone one more thing what about the TB test do we just go to her hosptial and get them to do it and get them results in English thanks Marshall

Hi guys and Gals looking for some info. im looking to get a visa for my girlfriend, we have been together for around 2 years, we are not married, we have a baby who is thai/british. Im wanting to go home my situation is i have not got the evidence of the funds to say i can support my girlfriend also my family dont have the evidence of funds to say they can support her. we are looking for a visa to marry in the uk and stay long term. my friend is willing to sponsor her would that meet the criteria for a visa to the uk. any advice would be gratefully accepted please tell me the process Thanks Marshall

Scouse i have just spoken to jason at Siam Legal, what he is saying to me is i have no chance of a Visa without 6 Months backdated bank statements.what he is saying that i have to be established within the Uk, I ve told him about other peoples expierence on this forum. his response was he works with the embassy every day. could you give me some clarity on this info from him.Thanks Scouse i beilive your info is solid. cheers Marshall

As previously stated, any application is governed by the Immigration Rules which do not require either you to be established in the UK or for you to have six months bank statements. You are required to provide evidence that you meet the requirements of the Rules and this can be anything that demonstrates your case.

The relevant rule states that the parties to the relationship have to maintain themselves without recourse to public funds, and credible evidence of a job offer should meet this criterion, although you may choose to write a covering letter for the embassy's attention in which you address the lack of bank statements.

I would advise you not to go advice shopping as, invariably, you will get differing guidance from different folk, and end up more confused than ever. However, Jason may well deal with the visa application centre on a daily basis, but this is not quite the embassy. You may also ask to see evidence of his competance to be an immigration adviser. Ideally, he should either be registered with the OISC or a member of the Law Society.

My firm is regulated by the OISC and if you want sound and professional assistance with your application, then please send me a PM.

Scouse.

Hi Marshall

Good luck mate

John

Thanks everyone one more thing what about the TB test do we just go to her hosptial and get them to do it and get them results in English thanks Marshall

You have to go to the IOM centre first to register. You then pay the fee, fill a few forms in and they will give you the paperwork to take to the hospital. You hand this in at the hospital, have the x-ray done and take it back to the centre. If you get back before about 3pm you can get the certificate the same day if the x-ray shows all clear.