Rolls Royce

Everyone used to think that Rolls Royce was completely British, i have had Two Shadows a S1 and an S2, i was amazed that the suspension was made by Citroen.

I didn't know that! But I did know that Henry Royce was a fantastic engineer whose talent was refining other people's ideas rather than inventing things. The company never had any hesitation in buying something good from someone else - thus all those GM auto transmissions in the Shadow of course!

I also respect BMW for keeping the Spirit (pun intended) of RR - and for making a MUCH better job of the new Mini than VW have of that abortion called the 'new' Beetle!

Here in Chiang Mai the much repected HSH Prince Pisadek (aged 89) has the good taste to drive a 'new' Mini!

Footnotes: RR financier Charles Rolls was the first man to be killed in an aeroplane accident in Britain. And the RR car badge was NOT changed from red to black to mourn his passing. The board room minute to make the change carries his signature.

If we wish to abbreviate the name, people of taste call the car a 'Royce'.

If we wish to REALLY go into detail, the Flying Lady mascot should be called 'Miss Thompson', the name of the company secretary who posed for the sculptor!