Motorists Urged To Report Handphone Misuse To Traffic Police

george

312 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that there are two things that will never change, unless you start training the children, and that is the use of mirrors and handphones, anytime anyplace, For many, and that is enough to cause many accidents, Its a jungle out there, Every man for himself, Know when to hold them, Know when to fold them and you don't want to give Stink eye, or the Finger, as you could wake up dead, cha,cha,cha, smile my friend, your still alive and remember.

"The life of the people is in the land" Mother Nature is asking for "our" HELP, The next time that you have 10 or 20 minutes to spare out of 24 hours, Think about giving a little

Tam Boon, And Waster-Size, Bend at the Waist to pick up the Waste, and get rid of both, Now you have Buddha, God, Children and the Wildlife Thanking you, You will thank you. So, you took 20 minutes out of your life and made a difference in the world.

Mahalo Nui Loa ( Thank You Very Much )

Koto, Keeper of the ocean

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An eagle eye on motorists

BANGKOK: -- Those who witness motorists using mobile phones while driving can now submit pictures as evidence at the Traffic Police Division's website, www.trafficpolice.go.th, a senior traffic police officer said Tuesday.

However, Police Lt Col Phanu Kerdlarpphol did not say if these good Samaritans would be rewarded for participating in this "Golden Eye Traffic Policemen" project.

Violators will be given these photos along with their traffic tickets and will be required to pay the fine when they renew their annual vehicle registration papers.

-- The Nation 2008-03-11

can we take pictures on our mobiles whilst at the traffic lights???

So what will happen if the ticket is not payd and the car is sold before the anual tax getting expired? The new owner want renew the anual tax and the ticket shows on the computer from the owner before? Who gonna pay the ticket? So thats mean we can't buy any used cars anymore, because we don't know how many traffic ticket have to pay, when have to renew the anual tax. Never heard any crazy ideas like this. What happen if the car was rented? Do the rental company have to pay the ticket, when they renew their anual tax registration?

Well I read alot but don't post as often as I should but this one got me! I live in Phuket and the times I see all the people on bikes parked up around the corner from a police check point because they haven't got helmets or licenses is a joke. One policeman would only have to go a hundred yards and they would make their wage for a month ! How many times do you see someone with no helmet ride past a cop and nothing happens ? As for the helmets (ice cream buckets)...They past laws for the carriage of gas cylinders in special vehicles but mine is still delivered on a motorbike ! Thailand is seen to be caring and responsible I guess. But...if you really want things to be the same as your home why live here ? This is the way it is and we choose to stay here, you must take the good with the bad. The reasons everyone bitches about things in Thailand are also the reasons we stay. I was happy to bump the guy off an air flight for 500 baht cause I knew the score and he didn't, or pay the tout 500 Baht for the girl sitting on the fat guys lap that thought all his xmases had come at once. We all do it and too heavy a crack down would spoil the place for me. I take the bike to the 7 eleven with no helmet too. But right now (as I am visiting my family in Aus) I am terrified I may go 4 K's over the speed limit and my son will get a fine in the mail after I leave ! I don't know guys (and gals) which is the lesser of the 2 "evils" why do you live here if you are not happy. Thailand will catch up soon enough enjoy it while it is still a child, watching it grow up is fun, what else would you have to bitch about.....

Please post again when someone have driven you down a couple of times and asked YOU to pay their bill for their own mistakes.

Too late it's already happened, I'm not condoning it but lets start at the beginning and get helmets enforsed. Driving and using a mobile is the second biggest accident maker next to drink driving but how many of us come back from the bar over .05 ? If you can't stop something as obvious as no helmet what hope have you got with mobiles ? :o

Unless you have a camera in your car, you will have to use your mobile phone to snap the offender, and by doing so, break the law youself :o

Exactly.

But why in the name of god are they asking 'joe (or jill) public' to report offences when there are thousand of these little guys in the one or two sizes too small brown shirts about the place.

Are these guys all totally blind. Just another case of TIT

Unless you have a camera in your car, you will have to use your mobile phone to snap the offender, and by doing so, break the law youself :D

Exactly.

But why in the name of god are they asking 'joe (or jill) public' to report offences when there are thousand of these little guys in the one or two sizes too small brown shirts about the place.

Are these guys all totally blind. Just another case of TIT

Justice must not (only) be done but be seen to be done. I guess, looks good thats all ! :o

As with any other great new law and regulation here. Someone in charge opens his mouth and a basically good idea comes out. Not using the phone while driving is a good idea, but then how to enforce? Another one in charge opens his/her mouth, without thinking it through and oops ! he/she did it again. Not possible to take those words back without losing face...Since the long term memory is not so developed people will eventually forget about this new law as any other before.

As with any other great new law and regulation here. Someone in charge opens his/her mouth and a basically good idea comes out. Not using the phone while driving is a good idea, but then how to enforce? Another one in charge opens his/her mouth, without thinking it through and oops ! he/she did it again. Not possible to take those words back without losing face...Since the long term memory is not so developed in most of people over here, everybody will eventually forget about this new law as any other before. :o

Talking on a mobile whist driving is one thing, but the thing that scares the living bejeezus out of me is when my taxi driver is sending text messages while whizzing down the roads in BKK. You know how they drive, a few 100 meters of open road then they open the throttle, and then slam on the brakes when the traffic stops. If it only happened a couple of times it wouldn't be so bad. But I have had it happen more than 10 different occasions. I always strap myself in when there are seat belts. I don't feel like becoming Spam in a can because the driver is texting away.

But there is no way they can make it work without the police enforcing the law. It's hard enough keeping from crashing while you drive. How in the world do they expect someone to get a picture. I suppose if your in the back of the taxi you could do it, but what if the driver sees you. I could imagine the one way trip down a dark alley you would get after they catch you.

GunnyD