The Cost Of Moving House Contents

garro

I was just wondering if anyone could advise me. I am moving house and this involves a 390km trip. We were hoping to hire somebody with a large truck to move everything in one go. Somebody in our village has offered to do it with their pick-up over two trips for 7,500. Which seems reasonable although I would much prefer to do it over one trip. I am a bit worried that when they actually do the job they will realise that they have given too low a quote and want to increase the price or refuse to do the second trip.

How much roughly would petrol be in a pick-up for a journey of 1,560km (390*4)?

How much would you expect to pay for this type of service?

Maybe you should offer to pay their service and gas separately.

Have them keep all the gas receipts and you pay all the gas. Then give them a fix fee for their services.

This way they will not discover they miscalculated the gas cost and leave you hanging.

Maybe you should offer to pay their service and gas separately.

Have them keep all the gas receipts and you pay all the gas. Then give them a fix fee for their services.

This way they will not discover they miscalculated the gas cost and leave you hanging.

Good idea Dave, any idea what would be a fair price for their service?

I was just wondering if anyone could advise me. I am moving house and this involves a 390km trip. We were hoping to hire somebody with a large truck to move everything in one go. Somebody in our village has offered to do it with their pick-up over two trips for 7,500. Which seems reasonable although I would much prefer to do it over one trip. I am a bit worried that when they actually do the job they will realise that they have given too low a quote and want to increase the price or refuse to do the second trip.

How much roughly would petrol be in a pick-up for a journey of 1,560km (390*4)?

How much would you expect to pay for this type of service?

I agree with Dave but you will need to reappraise your offer if you are paying all running costs as your fuel bill will be 4000 baht approx--plus coffee, food etc.. and if doing job in 2 trips increase the risks--of breakage, accident etc..where is this in Thailand?

I paid 14,000 baht about 18 months ago for a large, 6 wheeler full of stuff from Phuket to Kamphaeng Phet -a round trip, since hauliers have to go home, of 2,400 Kms approx.--I have just moved approx. same amount of stuff, maybe marginally less, and haulage company on second trip had much less idea about packing, in fact did v. little but covered everything in thick quilts to prevent sliding/damage--this worked 99% well--they charged me 12,000 baht from K'Phet to Chiang Mai--a round trip of 700 Kms--fuel prices have doubled in 18 months-they actually weren't making a round trip since they called in on their return from BKK to Ch. Mai--so, all in all they made a lot more than the first company--but, I was stuck with no options. A fairer price would have been about 10,000 but since when was anything fair?

I am sure that prices will be dependent on where you are--in K'Phet there are no organised furniture removal co's.

Thanks guys, I'm living in Phitsanulok province, 120km away from the Phitsanulok city, and I will be moving to Lopburi. From what you guys are saying, 7,500 sounds like a good deal.

Thanks guys, I'm living in Phitsanulok province, 120km away from the Phitsanulok city, and I will be moving to Lopburi. From what you guys are saying, 7,500 sounds like a good deal.

Yeah--reckon it's a steal--but, as you were afraid he might reconsider after the first leg and up the ante--be ready.