The Champions League 2008 Qf & Sf Draw

kopite

The event at UEFA HQ begins from 13.00CET and will be conducted by UEFA General Secretary, David Taylor, together with the ambassador for the final in Moscow on 21 May, former Russia goalkeeper Rinat Dasaev. The quarter-final first legs will be played on 1/2 April and the return matches the following week. The four winning teams will know who they will meet in the semi-finals (taking place on 22/23 and 29/30 April) as those pairings will also be decided during Friday's draw ceremony. The final will be held at the Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, on Wednesday 21 May at 20.45CET (22.45 local time).

Arsenal

Barcelona

Chelsea

Fenerbahce

Liverpool

United

Schalke

Roma

who do you want lads?

I'd like to meet the Merseysiders, far too many scores to settles against them. if not then next year final's venue would be the perfect occasion to settle that long standing score.

Once sparked revenge never dies

would love to get u guys its what football is all about 2 great rivals going head to head.

but i think we will get roma for some silly reason.

Liverpool boards are split 50/50 this morning. Some want to be drawn against you lot and the others want Barca, Shalke or Fenerbahce.

it wouldnt surprise me if you got Roma nev. im sure your fans would love that :o

Edited by kopite

I've got a feeling we'll get :

quarters - Fenerbache

Semi's - Chelski

Final - the Mancs

:o .

that all sounds fine to me except the final. that i wouldnt want.

anyone apply in the UEFA ballot for tickets?

would love to get u guys its what football is all about 2 great rivals going head to head.

Liverpool boards are split 50/50 this morning. Some want to be drawn against you lot and the others want Barca, Shalke or Fenerbahce.

it wouldnt surprise me if you got Roma nev. im sure your fans would love that :o

thats why i mentioned roma be just our luck,we have 4 fans in jail doing 2 year stretch over there. sad to say they look like just genuine fans in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I've got a feeling we'll get :

quarters - Fenerbache

Semi's - Chelski

Final - the Mancs

:D .

that all sounds fine to me except the final. that i wouldnt want.

anyone apply in the UEFA ballot for tickets?

I think the Russian police would do just a good a job of policing the final as the english police would. They have a recent history of football violence over there and they seem to be competent ( not at all like some of our other European police forces :D ).

But then again a Liverpool v Mancs final ............................. :D:o , a scary game.

thats why i mentioned roma be just our luck,we have 4 fans in jail doing 2 year stretch over there. sad to say they look like just genuine fans in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And that is over the troubles at the game Nev ???

yes for the trouble on the bridge the last game over there,admittedly uniteds main firm went over mob handed which not many teams do, but the lads lifted where just shirters who decided to go over the same time when it went off they where just the unlucky ones caught,funny how roma fans can carry knives and not get pulled, heard they are in with the police.

there is a web site for these lads called roma4. many donations and fundraising going on.

And that is over the troubles at the game Nev ???

yes for the trouble on the bridge the last game over there,admittedly uniteds main firm went over mob handed which not many teams do, but the lads lifted where just shirters who decided to go over the same time when it went off they where just the unlucky ones caught,funny how roma fans can carry knives and not get pulled, heard they are in with the police.

there is a web site for these lads called roma4. many donations and fundraising going on.

absolute scum the Roma fans mate and Lazio, and the police are even worse. Liverpool have had problems over there in recent years. You also had problems last year as well didnt you?

post-45009-1205312203_thumb.jpg

Edited by kopite

absolute scum the Roma fans mate and Lazio, and the police are even worse. Liverpool have had problems over there in recent years. You also had problems last year as well didnt you?

yes mate that pic was the year before, i agree scums not the word, i have been italy 4 times with united and it is not for the faint hearted.

yes 2 years in a row trouble over there.

well that takes the biscuit, a Liverpool fan (or English fan of any allegiance for that matter) calling other fans scum. Let me remind for the benefit of people, who haven't had the pleasure to meet this drunken human sewage from Merseyside, an event where they were at their finest behaviour: Heysel. Maybe a suggesting snapshot may refresh their drunken memory

Gosh, let's meet again reds!

post-7932-1205332011_thumb.jpg

well that takes the biscuit, a Liverpool fan (or English fan of any allegiance for that matter) calling other fans scum. Let me remind for the benefit of people, who haven't had the pleasure to meet this drunken human sewage from Merseyside, an event where they were at their finest behaviour: Heysel. Maybe a suggesting snapshot may refresh their drunken memory

Turn it in, you're fighting the wrong people here....! No-one here needs reminding.

This is a forum for people who love Thailand and, football if you want to talk like that, go to a football forum.

redrus

so you didnt read this bit then?

1984 - Liverpool vs. Roma

The previous year against Roma the final had coincidentally taken place at Roma's Stadio Olimpico in Rome. Liverpool won the cup on penalties. After the match, gangs of Roma fans assaulted Liverpool supporters who were making their way back to their hotels. Many fans were attacked, stabbed and slashed. The appalled Roman press reported that this was not simply a reaction to the defeat, but that Roma fans had stowed weapons in their cars before the game, and had rushed to get them upon the final whistle.[2]

Liverpool's local radio station Radio City also experienced this violence first hand. Many Liverpool supporters were attacked by gangs of Roma fans when they approached the local bus station. Drivers refused to take Liverpool fans on their buses in case they were attacked and many English fans who had been refused travel sought refuge in the British Embassy. Eventually, a volunteer driver agreed to take Liverpool fans on a bus through the city, dropping people off at their respective hotels. Police outriders were required at the front and rear of the bus to protect it. Radio City had a news crew on the bus and interviewed fans who had been stabbed and beaten. None of this violence received any news coverage in the UK national press, but it did in Italy. The only UK paper to publicise this violence was the local Liverpool daily paper The Liverpool Echo, under the headline "The Ecstasy and the Agony".

Some facts about Heysel

Some Juventus fans at the unsegregated end had been throwing stones at Liverpool supporters, which was why some of our fans ran at them on that terrace in Heysel. Liverpool fans were blamed for killing the Italians but people forget the circumstances. On previous away trips, Liverpool fans had behaved themselves as well as anyone. So why was Heysel different? The stadium, the organisation and the attacks on Liverpool fans in Rome were factors in the Heysel disaster.

Peter Robinson (Liverpool Chairman) went over before the final to see the stadium. He was concerned about many things to do with Heysel Stadium, which was clearly unsuited to holding two sets of supporters who were bound to be emotionally charged for such a big game. Peter told the Belgium authorities and UEFA that he was very apprehensive about ticket allocation.

Peter was also worried that they had kept a section of the ground for the use of Belgian people. He suggested that only Liverpool and Juventus should receive tickets. Allowing a third party access to tickets would inevitably mean a dangerous mixed area, with English and Italian supporters having got tickets off any Belgian wanting to make a few bob for himself. It was a very frustrating situation. Liverpool seemed to be the only ones fearful about what could happen.

Liverpool made it public that they were concerned about the condition of the stadium, but UEFA said they must continue, so the ill-fated final went ahead and unfortunately everybody knows the consequences. Liverpool were so concerned that they put up information booths outside the ground in an attempt to keep our fans out of the unsegregated area. Liverpool did that, not UEFA. It angers me that Liverpool did all the warning, Liverpool made every effort to prevent trouble and when the worst happened Liverpool received all the blame.

Sarge i understand your hatred towards English fans because of what happened at Heysel, long before that horrific day in brussels Italian Fans were some of the worst in Europe, and the difference is that they continue to be while the British game has cleaned its act up.

If we really are the "human sewage" then how about 'Il Romani' along with the police that have repeatadly stabbed and attacked supporters from all countries over the years.

that isnt an excuse for what happened on the day, or how liverpool fans charged the Juve fans, but italian fans then and now have to have a long hard look at themselves about their behaviour. before and after the tragedy.

and before you start accusiing me of being unfair, im half "human sewage" and mezzo italiano. mio padre e da riccione.

Edited by kopite

I'm in agreement with redrus :D .

If you think you are up for this type of discussion sarge on this topic then either keep it to pm's or go on another website ............................. can of worms anyone ... :o .

I'd like to meet the Merseysiders, far too many scores to settles against them. if not then next year final's venue would be the perfect occasion to settle that long standing score.

Once sparked revenge never dies

and there was me thinking your a chelsea fan :o

Edited by kopite

:o:D

redrus

:o:D

redrus

I nearly couldn't bring myself to say it but........here goes............so am i :D:D

For the lads living in Thailand the draw will be on live on the football forecast programme on ESPN at 7:00 pm on Friday right after sportscentre.

it also can watch or listenes to here: http://www.uefa.com/

Arsenal - Chelsea

United - Roma

Barca - Schalke

Libpool - Fenerbache

would be nice :o

Quarter Finals

Arsenal Vs Liverpool

AS Roma Vs Manchester United

Schalke Vs FC Barcelona

Fenerbache Vs Chelsea

--------------------------------------------------------