Macbook Will No Longer Burn.

garro

For the last few weeks I've been unable to get my Macbook to burn to disc. I keep getting a communication error between the computer and the hardware. I tried using the burn option in finder as well as downloaded burn software. No luck. I have searched the internet and while there are people who have experienced the same problem their are few solutions offered. I tried reparing permissions through utility and this didn't help either.

Where can I buy an external cd burner which is compatible with mac/tiger. Are all cd burners compatible? Are they expensive?

For the last few weeks I've been unable to get my Macbook to burn to disc. I keep getting a communication error between the computer and the hardware. I tried using the burn option in finder as well as downloaded burn software. No luck. I have searched the internet and while there are people who have experienced the same problem their are few solutions offered. I tried reparing permissions through utility and this didn't help either.

Where can I buy an external cd burner which is compatible with mac/tiger. Are all cd burners compatible? Are they expensive?

My burner was able to burn CD-RW discs for a long time after the ability to burn CD-R discs stopped. Hardly a solution to your problem (or an answer to your question :o) , but you might want to see if this is the case for you as well.