Upmarket Nightclub

zorro1

I live in Bkk and going to Pattaya this weekend with my Thai g/f yeah yeah I know why take snow to Alaska but anyway I know all the good go go bars just wondering is there a descent night club non techno apart from the hard rock?

Try the Fashion Club, on 2nd Road just a bit further along from soi 6 on the left, can also be accessed from beach road. Used to be called Slim - nicely done out with a choice of vibes. Also Mixx at Bali High Pier, just past the end of walking street. Similar to the Fashion Club, 2 rooms with a choice of vibes.

These are probably the 2 most expensive places to get a drink in Pattaya but they are the most upmarket as far as nightclubs go.

Try the Fashion Club, on 2nd Road just a bit further along from soi 6 on the left, can also be accessed from beach road. Used to be called Slim - nicely done out with a choice of vibes. Also Mixx at Bali High Pier, just past the end of walking street. Similar to the Fashion Club, 2 rooms with a choice of vibes.

These are probably the 2 most expensive places to get a drink in Pattaya but they are the most upmarket as far as nightclubs go.

"expensive"

slim

1x bottle bacardi = 2,500

2x small coke & 1 small ice 500

no limes

so to drink 1 x bottle bacardi with sufficent cke an ice total approx 5,000 bhat

then theres drinks for your pals on top!

Zorro think they were mask's as well!

but as other posters says worth a look!

Whenever my girlfriend and I have visited Pattaya from Bangkok we have ended up in club called 'duffer'..... Its where a lot of other friends (mainly Thai) go to when they are taking a weekend away from Bangkok and want a some night life.

Its been a decent evening with none of the naughtier aspects that Pattaya offers in other areas.

Edited by richard_smith237

Do you want a disco or a night-club?

Not sure how you would classify the difference. In the UK in the early 90's all 'discos' became 'nightclubs' as discos were sooo 80's. Nothing changed however, but these days people go clubbing, not discoing.

Discos are where you provide the entertainment with your dancing.

Nightclubs provide the entertainment with professionals, comedians, singers, cabaret acts, whatever.

Nothing wrong with either, but just different life-styles. The kids like to call it 'clubbing' 'coz it sounds more grown-up.

I used to work down Wardour Street in London in 'Le Discotheque' at the start of the sixties - but upstairs in the gaming rooms, not in the dance area. memories, aaahhhh, memories!

Whenever my girlfriend and I have visited Pattaya from Bangkok we have ended up in club called 'duffer'..... Its where a lot of other friends (mainly Thai) go to when they are taking a weekend away from Bangkok and want a some night life.

Its been a decent evening with none of the naughtier aspects that Pattaya offers in other areas.

Its called " Differ " :o And yes I agree, had some good nights there.

Do you want a disco or a night-club?

Not sure how you would classify the difference. In the UK in the early 90's all 'discos' became 'nightclubs' as discos were sooo 80's. Nothing changed however, but these days people go clubbing, not discoing.

Discos are where you provide the entertainment with your dancing.

Nightclubs provide the entertainment with professionals, comedians, singers, cabaret acts, whatever.

Nothing wrong with either, but just different life-styles. The kids like to call it 'clubbing' 'coz it sounds more grown-up.

I used to work down Wardour Street in London in 'Le Discotheque' at the start of the sixties - but upstairs in the gaming rooms, not in the dance area. memories, aaahhhh, memories!

I think for most people these days, what you are referring to as discos would be called nightclubs, and what you are referring to as nightclubs would be called cabarets, showbars or the like.

Trivial I know, it's just a generation thing I think.

I don't like Walking street, to many hookers.. (dont know if i'm aloud to say that :o )

Also to many Foreigners there who give the rest a bad name :D

One has to be louder then the other..

Agreed. I personally would avoid Candy Shop, Tony's, Lucifers, Hammer etc. These are the places where the tourists go, and if there's going to be trouble it's usually in one of these.

True.. plus if i go there i feel like i'm being ripped off.

I don't care if i have to pay 150 Baht for a drink( well a little) but if i order a beer it must be a cold one, if i order a Whiskey-coke i would actually like to have some Whiskey in it..

A few weeks ago i went to lucifer.. Was waiting for some mates to arrive but in the meanwhile already had 3 Whiskey-cokes.

So one of the waitresses came to me if i wanted another drink..I said no thank you i'm waiting for some friends they will be here any minute.

Most of the time we order a bottle of whiskey together, so didn't want to keep paying 150-160 Baht for a glass.

She left and one minute later she came back with 2 security guys and said if you don't drink you have to go out.

Last time i went there..

In the few years i've been in Pattaya spent a lot of money in that place and dont like to be treated as a piece of shit.

If you go somewhere like Fashion Club/Slim or Mixx, take a bottle with you, works out cheaper...buy Vodka, Barcardi whatever you want, then to take it inside they charge like 500 baht (Fashion Club charged for my Smirnoff Vodka)....Fashion Club/Slim is my fave place in town atm. But yeah wouldn't go expecting to spend less than 5k there as it is pricey...

Thanks guys I didn't know there was a difference now but when i was a kid (I'm 45) we used to call them discos. Now while I'm on a roll I have enjoyed many a night at the Hard Rock with some good rock bands. Anything similar around town this weekend but they got to be good nothing worse than ordinary Thai rock!

I dont think you can take a bottle with you into the mixx..

It's like taking your Big mac set into Mata hari.

Who will allow this, i think no one will.

Of course you can..

I always take my own bottle with me and have always had no problems in Mixx, Differ, Slim, Embassy, Naughtys, Noir, Xzyte, Hollywood.. They all allow it..

Alot of people open a bottle somewhere, and then move on to somewhere else half way through the night..I doubt they are going to open a new bottle in every place they go to..

You're allowed to take your bottle anywhere, however some places may have a charge. Slim(or now known as Fashion Club) have recently enforced this charge (500baht) to take in your own bottle.. I never used to be charged going into Slim so I no longer go there..

I went to Mixx with a thai friend, I heard they wanted to charge because I'm foreign but didn't end up getting charged as he knew the waitresses there..

If you like the Thai club scene, then Differ, Naughtys, Nior (used to be open 'til 6am until last week) are good options however music is mostly hip hop and band music.. Always had great nights out in these places..

Edited by Meg_ken2003

Thanks guys I didn't know there was a difference now but when i was a kid (I'm 45) we used to call them discos. Now while I'm on a roll I have enjoyed many a night at the Hard Rock with some good rock bands. Anything similar around town this weekend but they got to be good nothing worse than ordinary Thai rock!

Blues Factory, of course - but depends how you like your music.

I have been to Slims before and consider it a complete waste. 2 drinks and a tray of popcorn. 1,500 Baht.

The complex has 2 sides and I just visited the club on the left. The place had two stages for the dancers. One was for the coyotee types and the other appeared to be for ladies of the second category. :D Which really surprised me as for some reason I did not expect to see ladyboys working inside that place.

Overall the place felt like an overpriced go-go where the girls did not show. I think it is the type of place where people go who want to see scantily clad women dancing, but feel that the other go-gos are too low brow. Maybe some people feel that it is a "high class" place but for me it felt like a tourist clip joint. Oh and be careful if bring you a tray of popcorn. They did not mention it to me, but it 500 Baht :o

Slims Vs average Walking Street Go-Go

Slims - higher priced drinks, no showing, ladyboys, 2 minutes to Soi 6

Walking Street - lower priced drinks, ladyboys, showing (not during crackdown times), more of a carnival atmosphere, 15 minutes to Soi 6

The value for money ratio of this place is woefully low. I would be willing to be that some of the girls working at the place have spent some time in another go-go in town. :D

I have not been to MIXX, but if you girl is Thai, you need to ask her about some of the nicer places to visit. I hear that the Full Moon Pub (I think that is the name) is a nice place for couples. And I think there is a Thai oriented place behind Big C on Second Road.

Note that with the current crackdown, you might be able to visit a Walking Street go-go and not see too much. So you can get the same view at the fraction of the cost.

Enjoy!

TheWalkingMan

I have been to Slims before and consider it a complete waste. 2 drinks and a tray of popcorn. 1,500 Baht.

The complex has 2 sides and I just visited the club on the left. The place had two stages for the dancers. One was for the coyotee types and the other appeared to be for ladies of the second category. :o Which really surprised me as for some reason I did not expect to see ladyboys working inside that place.

Overall the place felt like an overpriced go-go where the girls did not show.

But it's a different concept - the nightclub/discotheque is for people with decent clothes on. The bars are for the tee-shirt, thongs and shorts brigade.

If your girl wants to dress up, you don't take her to Beavers.

You spend the loot on a fancy 'over-priced' place, because that is why it is over-priced. To keep out the oicks like me.

There are a few Thai-oriented places in Pattaya like that, but I couldn't tell you which are good, which are poor. Let your girl talk to people and find out what she wants, then go along with her and pay the bill. That's all you're there for, after all.

Xcyte - is the place, mostly thai(s) on 3rd Road. Floor show with Thai singers and musicians - quite good. I honestly think your lady would like it there.

We got brilliant night clubs Bkk and we also like going to angel witch Nana plaza. The shows are actually choreographed and a pleasure to watch, my favorite being the girl playing violin in a silky dress that lifts just enough when they switch the floor fan on..But i think Xcyte sounds totally different to what I have ever seen so I will go there and I don't expect it to be upmarket , just different and maybe the the blues factory next night. She is the human resources mgr for sizzler restaurants so might even get a free feed at the biggest grossing sizzlers in Thailand :o