Upmarket Nightclub

zorro1

Xcyte - is the place, mostly thai(s) on 3rd Road. Floor show with Thai singers and musicians - quite good. I honestly think your lady would like it there.

We got brilliant night clubs Bkk and we also like going to angel witch Nana plaza. The shows are actually choreographed and a pleasure to watch, my favorite being the girl playing violin in a silky dress that lifts just enough when they switch the floor fan on..But i think Xcyte sounds totally different to what I have ever seen so I will go there and I don't expect it to be upmarket , just different and maybe the the blues factory next night. She is the human resources mgr for sizzler restaurants so might even get a free feed at the biggest grossing sizzlers in Thailand :o

So you have gone from 'upmarket', to Xcyte and sizzlers. You have not even arrived yet and have dropped your standards by 90%. Maybe that is the effect that Pattaya has on unsuspecting visitors, even before they arrive.

Zorro, don't listen to the darkside, they are only interested in prices. Xcyte is not 'xcyting' in my book, and certainly not upmarket, but we all order a good steak differently.

Crack on and have a great trip.

SC

Do you want a disco or a night-club?

Not sure how you would classify the difference. In the UK in the early 90's all 'discos' became 'nightclubs' as discos were sooo 80's. Nothing changed however, but these days people go clubbing, not discoing.

Discos are where you provide the entertainment with your dancing.

Nightclubs provide the entertainment with professionals, comedians, singers, cabaret acts, whatever.

Nothing wrong with either, but just different life-styles. The kids like to call it 'clubbing' 'coz it sounds more grown-up.

I used to work down Wardour Street in London in 'Le Discotheque' at the start of the sixties - but upstairs in the gaming rooms, not in the dance area. memories, aaahhhh, memories!

It all equates to the same thing, just a matter of semantics!

Mike

Okay I'm gonna have to go nightclub hopping and will report back here when I'm home. Just kidding about sizzlers but I have eaten their in the past and not bad for a cheap charlie steak and a good salad bar

I have been to Slims before and consider it a complete waste. 2 drinks and a tray of popcorn. 1,500 Baht.

The complex has 2 sides and I just visited the club on the left. The place had two stages for the dancers. One was for the coyotee types and the other appeared to be for ladies of the second category. :D Which really surprised me as for some reason I did not expect to see ladyboys working inside that place.

Overall the place felt like an overpriced go-go where the girls did not show.

But it's a different concept - the nightclub/discotheque is for people with decent clothes on. The bars are for the tee-shirt, thongs and shorts brigade.

If your girl wants to dress up, you don't take her to Beavers.

You spend the loot on a fancy 'over-priced' place, because that is why it is over-priced. To keep out the oicks like me.

There are a few Thai-oriented places in Pattaya like that, but I couldn't tell you which are good, which are poor. Let your girl talk to people and find out what she wants, then go along with her and pay the bill. That's all you're there for, after all.

Actually the concept did not feel any different from many of the go-go bars/coyotee bars around town. Namely, a bunch of ladies and ladyboys doing the shuffle on stage. If the place had some type of show with choreographed steps, a singer and maybe an MC keeping the crowd warmed up then I would have gladly given this place a huge thumbs up and felt better about the prices.

Just as a price comparison - There are various strip joints/hostess clubs in Tokyo, which the last time I read was a whole lot more expensive than Thailand, and the price for drinks is normally about JPY1,500 which is a little less than 500 Baht. When looking at everything I know and seen, admittedly very little for both, I cannot see this club as a good value.

Oh, there is not a dress code for guests, so wearing t-shirts, thongs, sandals and short pants are welcome. I tested it by wearing shorts and sandals. So people who are wondering about their attire, have no worries as all, at least those who can afford the price of a drink, are welcome. :D

Anyway, the place is there and for me it is a total dud, but others may enjoy it more. Please send freely and do not forget to tip 20% of the bill to the service staff. :o

TheWalkingMan