Bangkok To Manila Flights

ged

I hope to spend a few days in the Phils. in May, i will be flying from Bangkok

Which is the better airline besides Thai ,which is twice the price of Cebu Pacific or Phillipines ?

Many thanks in advance !

For timings, aitcraft size A330/A340 and for the relative calm of terminal 2 in Manila which is exclusive to Philippine Airlines then PR is my choice.

Lets not forget Cebu Pacific is almost a budget carrier, small aircraft and from what I hear not particularly good at time keeping

I hope to spend a few days in the Phils. in May, i will be flying from Bangkok

Which is the better airline besides Thai ,which is twice the price of Cebu Pacific or Phillipines ?

Many thanks in advance !

Do not fly with Thai to Manila ! Not that its a bad airline but the main terminal in Manila is a nightmare. The times Thai fly there look good but its right in the peak of high traffic, you will waste hours of your time during check in and immigration. Its a horrible airport and ranks as the worst airport I have ever been too.

Cebu Pacific is ok but the times are bad, both ways. Also goes through the main terminal but due to the off peak times its fairly quick going through. They remind me a little of Air Asia.

Philippine Airlines is by far the better one, its own terminal therefore by-passing the main terminal, the service is also better Than Thai. And of course a lot cheaper than Thai.

Cebu Pacific flies their NEW A320 on the MNL-BKK flight (not one of the smaller older airplanes...these are used on their domestic routes). So plane and service is fine...if you don't mind the schedule it's a great option and the price is usually the cheapest.

One thing to bear in mind if taking PAL...make sure all your paperwork (i.e., visas and onward ticketing) for Thailand are in order. They have been know to be sticklers for this type of thing, where as I have never heard (nor experienced) any problems on this score with Cebu, Thai, or Kuwait Air.

Cebu Pacific flies their NEW A320 on the MNL-BKK flight (not one of the smaller older airplanes...these are used on their domestic routes). So plane and service is fine...if you don't mind the schedule it's a great option and the price is usually the cheapest.

One thing to bear in mind if taking PAL...make sure all your paperwork (i.e., visas and onward ticketing) for Thailand are in order. They have been know to be sticklers for this type of thing, where as I have never heard (nor experienced) any problems on this score with Cebu, Thai, or Kuwait Air.

I go through NAIA terminal 2 all the time, no problems with immigration. They hassle my wife and other US citizen Filipinos, but have always treated me well. My wife tells me they discriminate against Filipinos who get out because their jealous. I believe her since it happens almost everytime. If you are Caucasian and from a Western country don't worry about RP immigration. I'd say go with PAL they fly Airbus A330 and A340s on that route. And personally I think that NAIA terminal 1 is a nightmare. And flying a different airline isn't going to get you away from RP immigration officers. They work both terminals.

Edited by gunnyd

And personally I think that NAIA terminal 1 is a nightmare. And flying a different airline isn't going to get you away from RP immigration officers. They work both terminals.

Problems I have had were with PAL check-in staff...never any issues with the immigration officers...and I travel on a Western passport.

Terminal 1 is certainly old and somewhat rough around the edges...but it gets the job done...in and out of the country. Terminal 2 is newer and nicer but same dearth of decent places to sit or eat while waiting for a flight.

I guess they will never get around to opening that brand new international terminal built by Fraport of Germany...been sitting unused (due to corruption issues surrounding its construction...sound familiar) for almost half a decade :o