Looking For Peaceful Island

highlander76

I going to be in Thailand mid April the thai girl friend wants to go to an island for one week but the last thing I want to do is to be on an island full of drunk yobs and backpakers who have not washed for last week I want somewhere peaceful , a clean beach , good thai food , cold beer and at a decent price I am asking for to much .

'highlander76'.

I resent your referring to backpackers in such a way.

My thoughts are you have a, snobbish attitude.

I have been backpacking for 50 years.

Only BAD backpack places I have been to, were in USA, 10 years ago.

Backpackers in the main seem to be mostly students, young execs out for fun, people on their gap year .

The ambiance of a backpackers accommodation, far outweighs that most hotels.

Such a diverse number of people from most anywhere, makes for more interesting chats and convos etc.

The cleanliness of backpackers beats a lot of resort accommodations, where you have snooty staff and management.

Go try a backpackers sometime. ask me for info if you wish, somehow, I do not think you will respond positively.

Cheers, enjoy ya stay in L.O.S.

I am no snob mate I own a four star backpackers hostel in Scotland what you must remember is you get many types of backpackers and some of them are so rude and insulting to Thais . I myself have been backpacking in many countries for over ten years so I know what I am talking about :o

I going to be in Thailand mid April the thai girl friend wants to go to an island for one week but the last thing I want to do is to be on an island full of drunk yobs and backpakers who have not washed for last week I want somewhere peaceful , a clean beach , good thai food , cold beer and at a decent price I am asking for to much .

'highlander76'.

I resent your referring to backpackers in such a way.

My thoughts are you have a, snobbish attitude.

I have been backpacking for 50 years.

Only BAD backpack places I have been to, were in USA, 10 years ago.

Backpackers in the main seem to be mostly students, young execs out for fun, people on their gap year .

The ambiance of a backpackers accommodation, far outweighs that most hotels.

Such a diverse number of people from most anywhere, makes for more interesting chats and convos etc.

The cleanliness of backpackers beats a lot of resort accommodations, where you have snooty staff and management.

Go try a backpackers sometime. ask me for info if you wish, somehow, I do not think you will respond positively.

Cheers, enjoy ya stay in L.O.S.

Uh, I guess I'll take this one, (I got nothing to lose...)

well, backpackers don't shower much, haul around only one single pack, head for only the cheapest parts of the island where there will be lodging for less than 1000 baht. I wouldn't take a room for less the 1800 baht, and those rooms were still not nice enough, with drunks bring loud down the hall, and the staggering ba@@TARDs moving back and forth all hours of the nite, PLUS if they had DVD rentals, then they would crank their movies ALL hours of the nite, and no one to tell their A@@es to shut up. Trust me, I've yelled out my room, to them, but nothing, oh got to mention the ants in the bathrooms and the rock hard beds. Nuff said. You get what you pay for. Never forget that. The nicer hotel on a certain island actually means something.. Go there. don't be tight...

Gotta come back in.

Not a matter of being a titewad.

In the main, backpackers are all out to enjoy their OEs.

Once in a lifetime chance to let their hair down, gofrit I say.

If you want peace and quiet, go to ya hotel mausoleum.

I would go as far as saying 99% of hostels shut down noise about 2300 hrs.... or even earlier.

As for one backpack, excellent, only fools cart around umpteen changes of gear.

Backpackers spend up on things to do, but save on digs, shows common sense.

Feel sorry for you.

Edited by Zpete

Zpete I want only to find somewhere my girl friend and I would enjoy please give me any info you may have . I do not not want this topic to become full of crap rants you do not know me and to call me a snob or to say I am being snobbish is insulting to me I am scottish working class