Cm Closes At 2am

bsided69

Went out for the 1st time in about 2 weeks last night. Didnt go out till 2 ish as I was working. Went down to spices to look at the "magic step" It was closed. Spoke to a fella outside who said its been like this for a while now. Police come at 2 and close it down. So on the treader and off to the Van,Closed. Luckybar, CLOSED.Sharkys, Closed. Everywhere is closed. Thght that after the election the closing of bars would stop and get back to normal. This seems to not be the case. I know that closing times are 2am so its understandable

Now it is up to the Thai government how they run there country so I am not going to even start to say this is wrong. However it does seem that there policies seem to be affecting the enjoyment of many tourists who like me spend alot of money in my 6 month stint here every year.(will the twit who is going to write "go home then") not bother. Go and clean your shower or something?

If it stays like this? (doubt it will) We will just have to go out earlier and maybe get home at a reasonable time. I personaly think that there is going to be abit of a change around in late night bars. Spicys has had it pretty much there own way for a long time. Id imagine we will see somewhere different opening very soon? Hope it has a magic step. :o

Edited by bsided69

Went out for the 1st time in about 2 weeks last night. Didnt go out till 2 ish as I was working. Went down to spices to look at the "magic step" It was closed. Spoke to a fella outside who said its been like this for a while now. Police come at 2 and close it down. So on the treader and off to the Van,Closed. Luckybar, CLOSED.Sharkys, Closed. Everywhere is closed. Thght that after the election the closing of bars would stop and get back to normal. This seems to not be the case. I know that closing times are 2am so its understandable

Now it is up to the Thai government how they run there country so I am not going to even start to say this is wrong. However it does seem that there policies seem to be affecting the enjoyment of many tourists who like me spend alot of money in my 6 month stint here every year.(will the twit who is going to write "go home then") not bother. Go and clean your shower or something?

If it stays like this? (doubt it will) We will just have to go out earlier and maybe get home at a reasonable time. I personaly think that there is going to be abit of a change around in late night bars. Spicys has had it pretty much there own way for a long time. Id imagine we will see somewhere different opening very soon? Hope it has a magic step. :o

Should this be in the CM forum?

Should this be in the CM forum?

I think you should, the OP was saying something? did you read what he said? I'm in Saraburi, so can't comment.

Plenty of places open after two , you just have to know where they are :D

Indeed there are. I was sitting till the sun came up drinking a Shandy or 2 at a little watering hole. Its just I like a bit of music and have some strange addiction to spices and Lucky bar. Must get over it. :o

So which places ARE then still open after hours?

Not that it matters much to me, I think 'starting early' is the best solution. My significant other wants me home by midnight, or else, so that means very careful planning of all the evening's activities. :o

Reason for the 2 oclock closing and crackdown on bars is theres a new sheriff in town a new police boss who is flexing his muscles and when spicy has to close down (owned by high ranking police) you know its down to the big big boss man.

I am advised after a month or so things should settle down once again and things will be back to normal

jeesh, all this for some beer?

I know that karaoke often stay open later than 2am, but the prices of drinks cost more, but the atmosphere and decor is nicer :o

better to start earlier in the night if your goal is to go out and have fun for now,

by songkran, restrictions would be eased is my guess

I don't know, if you are still hanging out to drink after 2 am or moaning about closing times, or still hunting whores at that time of the night you either have a really sad life or perhaps even worse you view it as exciting. If you are over 30 perhaps need a little introspection, under 30 can at least understand it. :o

I don't know, if you are still hanging out to drink after 2 am or moaning about closing times, or still hunting whores at that time of the night you either have a really sad life or perhaps even worse you view it as exciting. If you are over 30 perhaps need a little introspection, under 30 can at least understand it. :o

Perhaps you should read the post again???? I was working until 2am. Not everyone who goes out drinking late is looking for a "Whore". as you put it. Not complaining as 2 oclock is the closing time by law. The point of the post was to find out if anybody knows whats going on. You obviously dont, so keep you Stupid assumptions to yourself. Of course you wont as you are probably a person with a really sad life???

Have good night and make sure your tucked up in bed by 10pm ish.

Frankly, who has ever got a beer after 2, that did him any good?

If you're looking for a lady friend after 2 am, a beer often helps. :D

Considering the ones that are still looking for men friends at that hour, most true! :D

Exactly, UG, exactly! :o

Ah, it's all quite fine, ladies and gentlemen... :o

I have to concur that it seems the nights ARE ending earlier....

This can be a good thing. Some of us on this forum (unnamed) have been seen to leave The Dark at Mandalay......when it was not dark. Before, back in the Bad Olden Days....

Reason for the 2 oclock closing and crackdown on bars is theres a new sheriff in town a new police boss who is flexing his muscles and when spicy has to close down (owned by high ranking police) you know its down to the big big boss man.

I am advised after a month or so things should settle down once again and things will be back to normal

I understand its the Amphur thats enforcing this rather than the BIB alone, and thats why even the places that are always open late (owing to their BIB connections) are getting closed. The Amphur has gotten tough last few weeks, partly using the smoking ban as justification.

Allegedly, several of the big venues that have been caught open late once too often have enforced shutdowns pending. Apparently Mandagay now has to shut for two months (ahhhh, what a shame......all those lady boys dressed up with nowhere to go), Bossy and Warm up are others with problems. Of course, this is Thailand and these places are big $$$ in CM so I'll believe it when I see it.

If you're looking for a lady friend after 2 am, a beer often helps, subjectively. :o

And may I suggest at that hour that just rewards for those so inclined can be found just north of Thapae gate. And then listen to the colored girls sing Doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo. As I said, just rewards.

If you're looking for a lady friend after 2 am, a beer often helps, subjectively. :o

And may I suggest at that hour that just rewards for those so inclined can be found just north of Thapae gate. And then listen to the colored girls sing Doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo. As I said, just rewards.

Ah yes, those sweet little things (and some not so sweet) with the husky voices and lumpy knickers.

If you're looking for a lady friend after 2 am, a beer often helps, subjectively. :D

Ah yes, those sweet little things (and some not so sweet) with the husky voices and lumpy knickers.

Nothing wrong with a balanced diet.... :o

post-31110-1205690669_thumb.jpg

Really 2 a.m. I have seen some nighttime spots in Silom esp. around Silom soi 4 being told to close their doors at mid-night. One of my friends told me that G.O.D. (which has boasted many times about paying the police 150,000 baht a month just to say open that late) which is reported to stay open until like 4 or 5 a.m. each night, was closed 1 hour after D.J. had closed.