Post Office

& by Parcel i mean the minimum weight, my Parcel was T-Shirt, one T-Shirt to London, England..

Anyway, last week i received the below from the Post Office advised to one of my Thai Staff who translated fro me..

For international post we can do it 2 way

1.Normal Register take 7 days to arrive ( europe ) weight under 500g = 415thb/weight more than 500g but under 1000g = 765 thb

2.Ems Express mail service take 3 days to arrive in europe with this system we also have the tracking number so we can keep our track

weight under 500g=1100 thb/more than 500g but under 1000g=1340

Today i send my 1 T-Shirt only to be told " 1160 BHT we have to send EMS "

Surely this can't be right ??

$35 USD or 16 GBP to send 1 T-Shirt to London ??

Help please....

My rule of thumb never send or received anything thur the Thai Post system, unless 100 percent necessary. It will either endup lost, stolen or they will do exactly what they are trying to do to you, not much you can do IF you want your stuff in a timely manner, ie under the table money, sad :o:D:D:D happen to me two times, I either hand carry what I need back or have a little assistant from friends when they travel, I do like wise for them. :D

& by Parcel i mean the minimum weight, my Parcel was T-Shirt, one T-Shirt to London, England.. Anyway, last week i received the below from the Post Office advised to one of my Thai Staff who translated fro me.. For international post we can do it 2 way 1.Normal Register take 7 days to arrive ( europe ) weight under 500g = 415thb/weight more than 500g but under 1000g = 765 thb 2.Ems Express mail service take 3 days to arrive in europe with this system we also have the tracking number so we can keep our track weight under 500g=1100 thb/more than 500g but under 1000g=1340 Today i send my 1 T-Shirt only to be told " 1160 BHT we have to send EMS " Surely this can't be right ?? $35 USD or 16 GBP to send 1 T-Shirt to London ?? Help please....

take the Service "Int.Letter Air" (&Registered 55bt)

that Service can be a Box (White) where you can buy in every Postoffice.

Just the Service is named "Letter" up to 2000g.....possible

post-51795-1205491704_thumb.jpg

duration to Europe about 5-10 days (sometimes up to 4-6weeks) :o

Chayaphum

// i don't reccommend the Registered-Service, they are not responsible if your sending is go away....

just send usually...and it works fine! :D

I strongly disagree.

I have never had a problem sending and item to Thailand or receiving an item from Thailand.

Same for me Shrubbery. I have used EMS service for the last year with no problems, nothing has gone astray in either direction. My last package was only this week.....posted in Hong Kong on Sat am and arrived in my office here on Mon pm. You can also track your package on-line. :o

Int’l Small Packet-Air @ 256 baht should cover it. Sending it registered with insurance will add another 55 baht. Just click on the green tick for more info, after searching for prices on the website; as a couple of other options are available http://www.thailandpost.com/search_ems_en.asp

Don't depend on the employees at the Post office to advise you correctly.

My rule of thumb never send or received anything thur the Thai Post system, unless 100 percent necessary. It will either endup lost, stolen or they will do exactly what they are trying to do to you, not much you can do IF you want your stuff in a timely manner, ie under the table money, sad :o:D:D:D happen to me two times, I either hand carry what I need back or have a little assistant from friends when they travel, I do like wise for them. :D

Nonsense I ship l 1000's of packages a year and NEVER have a problem with Thailand Post . Italy, India, France, and Russia are among the worst.

You should request Airmail registered if you want the best rate under 1 kilo .

Nonsense I ship l 1000's of packages a year and NEVER have a problem with Thailand Post . Italy, India, France, and Russia are among the worst.

Haha....nonsense.

Just some of the cheaper options; Int’l Small Packet-Air, Int’l Small Packet-Surf.....