Showers In Suvanabhumi

Soph

Hey guys, just found out from Air Asia that my connecting flight BKK to Chiang Mai is cancelled meaning I have to take a later one :o

Can anyone tell me if there are any showers available in the new airport, as I will be pretty minging after 24 hours travelling and could use the time to get ready, so I can head straight out when i get to Chiang Mai :D

I see that alot of the lounges have shower facilites, but wondered if anyone knew availablility for 'normal' people. Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

From google, I found some information that there are 10 shower rooms at the Public Transport Centre.

(This building)

img_1322_resize_resize_9279.jpg

(From the map, i think it's bus terminal building)

ptcenter.jpg

Anyway, I've just made a thread in Thai forum(pantip) and asked people about the location of shower rooms ..If i get any information there, i will tell you then.

From google, I found some information that there are 10 shower rooms at the Public Transport Centre.

(This building)

img_1322_resize_resize_9279.jpg

(From the map, i think it's bus terminal building)

ptcenter.jpg

Anyway, I've just made a thread in Thai forum(pantip) and asked people about the location of shower rooms ..If i get any information there, i will tell you then.

Thanks Bambi x the info is much appreciated :o

Dear Soph,

I am not sure about the shower room in Bkk a/p . I have got some replies from TH forum too..and They are not sure about it..I think you may have to go checking.

And that building makes you get sweaty to reach it.

Can you share your itinerary details? Arrival/departure times and carriers. Will have checked baggage?

The shower facility mentioned above, and the associated day-rooms are on level 4, Concourse G and are airside (international transit).

In theory you would want to get to and clear Immigration, retrieve any checked bags, clear Customs, head up to level 4 and check in with FD. I'm guessing you are arriving from outside Thailand, and while you could make your way to said shower facility, and enjoy a clean-up, your bags would be pulled from the carousel and held by the airline, so leave extra time to hunt those down.

If you have more than a 6 hour lay-over then get right up and check-in with FD (if possible so early before your flight), then head to a nearby day-room facility by taxi.

With more details even more specific recommendations can be offered.