Accomodation Near Mahidol University ( Salaya)

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 2 bedroom house some 10km east of salaya, 6k/month. Bus 388 is 5 minutes walk from my home, takes some 20 minutes. Motorbike 10 minutes. Stay as long or as short as you want.

thank you so much for offering your house. But u know as a student I can't offer 6000 baht / month , also I don't like to live in isolated place , it seem that house is far from Bus stand .

:o I'm still searching for a flat with single room near to university

• 4 months later...

I'm deciding between Chula and MUIC right now.

The application period starts around January and accommodation will greatly affect my choice in schools.

With Chula I could simply drive there and hope for a parking space or I could move to my grandparents’ house downtown and not too far from campus. The plus side of this is that I could have someone take me to school and pick me up but the downside of living there is living with the people in that house.

Moving to MUIC would mean that I would have to live there and perhaps drive home on weekends to do laundry and stuff. I’ve never been there before but I know that it is very detached from downtown and astronomically-far from where I live now. I plan to visit soon.

Are there any houses/condos for sale/long-term lease that are close to the campus? If there is a condo close to the school with two or more bedrooms and reasonable amenities (internet, gym, shaded parking) that falls below 2 million baht (1.5MB ideally) it would be perfect as I could have a friend live with me and charge him a bit of rent to help pay for utilities and furnishing it would be perfect.

Does anybody know what the on-campus condominiums are like? Are they available?

Oh, and will police give me trouble for having an unregistered 50cc scooter for getting to classes and running errands?