Oredering Toyota Car In Kalasin

cannondale

Hi Everyone, I will go and buy a toyota vigo G black color in Kalasin. I have done a bit of homework by sending all the paperwork ahead of me and the dealer is going around getting the garuntees that he needs from the wifes relatives etc. He says the car is there already but now he says that he has to order it from bangkok. I have really limited time thats why I sent everything ahead so all I want to do is sign on the dotted line, pay the deposit and go!

My question is if I get there and he needs to order it, how long will it take? I can see that they may say it will only take a week and then end up taking two by which time I need to be already back to work in Phuket. I have already paid a small deposit to secure the car but now he says that he has not ordered it yet.

Anything I need to specially check on the car when I get it, will the pull a fast one? Trying to change stuff on the car? Sorry for all these questions but I dont have the time or the inclination to be stuffed around.

Thank you very much

Hi Everyone, I will go and buy a toyota vigo G black color in Kalasin. I have done a bit of homework by sending all the paperwork ahead of me and the dealer is going around getting the garuntees that he needs from the wifes relatives etc. He says the car is there already but now he says that he has to order it from bangkok. I have really limited time thats why I sent everything ahead so all I want to do is sign on the dotted line, pay the deposit and go!

My question is if I get there and he needs to order it, how long will it take? I can see that they may say it will only take a week and then end up taking two by which time I need to be already back to work in Phuket. I have already paid a small deposit to secure the car but now he says that he has not ordered it yet.

Anything I need to specially check on the car when I get it, will the pull a fast one? Trying to change stuff on the car? Sorry for all these questions but I dont have the time or the inclination to be stuffed around.

Thank you very much

I ordered a New Vigo Prerunner in Gray from the Kalasin Dealer in Jan... Salesman orginally said 3 to 5 days, then two weeks, ended up taking just over 3 weeks to come from the factory... The only thing / problem that I had was that when the truck arrived it was the model with ABS brakes rather than the one without that I had orginally ordered... I e-mailed to Toyota Thailand to verify that it was the factory mistake and not a Scam being pulled by the dealer to up the sale another 22,000 baht... Toyota sent a man up to the dealership to meet with myself, the dealer's GM and the Salesman... They offered 15,000 additional "Extras", but it was explained to me that they could not reduce the "Actual Price" due to the Dealership Aggrement with Toyota, which the Toyota rep confirmed... I was told that the proper truck, without ABS, would be another 4 weeks wait...

They told me at the time that I ordered my Gray Prerunner that if I would take Black they could have it in just a few days as many dealers had them available around the area...

Toyota Thailand is closely watched by Toyota Japan, and I can asssure you that Toyota Japan would never allow any dealer, Thai or not, to pull any "Shaddy Deals" just to make a few extra baht...

Oh, Toyota Thailand also informed me that they can supply an English Owners Manual at No Charge, and it only took them five days to get it from the factory to Kalasin...

So far I have really been enjoying my new truck after driving an old (12 year old) Toyota Pick Up for the last 6 years...

Pianoman

Edited by pianoman

I ordered a New Vigo Prerunner in Gray from the Kalasin Dealer in Jan... Salesman orginally said 3 to 5 days, then two weeks, ended up taking just over 3 weeks to come from the factory...

Pianoman

Hi Pianoman,

This is what I am afraid of being told 3-5 days and then taking weeks in which time I will be well back to work in Phuket. I guess I have to try to convince him over the phone that I am serious and will pay up when i get there. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile sending him some more money, but I am bit scared of doing that.

Fingers crossed

Cheers

Cannondale, could you offer to send them the deposit and then have them phone you when the vehicle is on the premises. Issangeorge

Good idea.... I was rather surprised that all they wanted to place my truck on order was 5,000 baht... But then again, what would they be out if I backed out of the deal...

Their first option will be to try and find a vehicle for you among their 3 or 4 dealerships.... Then possibly at other Dealerships around the area, but they would prefer to order from the factory rather than try to deal with other dealerships if at all possible...

Pianoman