Thai Food In Perth, Australia.

Hi

Got my TGF here on a 3 month tourist visa, cooking some great food; but some ingredients she is having trouble finding. Does anybody know any good thai food shops in perth, western australia? South of the river preferable, but prepared to travel long distances :o

Thanks in advance -

In Perth the good old yellow pages works well.

Failing that try any good Asian food store.

(Northbrige for sure) (You can also try ringing Thai restaurants and check out where they get there supplies from)

There is also quite a large Thai community in Perth, once again try yellow pages either social clubs or places of worship (Thai Temple) failing that PM me and I'll give you the a ccouple of Thai contacts

There is a good shop in Oxford St , Leederville, on a corner (? Salisbury St) on the right hand side heading towards Scarb Beach Road. My TGF reckons there was Thai stuff in there she couldn't get in Thailand.

In Northbridge, another good shop in Brisbane St, nearly at Palmerston.

And finally, south of the river - Yee Seng in Hulme Ct, Myaree.

Edited by jackspratt

In Northbridge is a place called Luckys on Brisbane Street....about 50 mteres from the William st Intersection.....They have most of the fresh veges she will want...as well as a large range of other food stuffs....

On William Street is the William Street Mall.....there is a fish shop and an Asian butchers shop there...she can buy her meat as she would buy it in Thailand...There is also a Thai video store but they are a rip off.

On William St is a Kongs shop as well as in East Vic Park....they also stock a lot of asian food but less veges than Luckys.

We use Luckys for the bulk of our shopping, the asian Butcher for our meat and Kongs for anything else we cant find at Luckys.

Spend over a certain amount at Luckys and we usually get a fish sauce or other condiment for free.

At these shops we occasionally run into other Thais and one man at Luckys speaks a bit of Thai.

If you go to Freo, there is a Thai shop on High St opposite the Victoria Thatre, it has all sorts of intersting things including many videos of Thai soap operas. The newsagent 2 doors up is also a Post Ofice franchise is run by a Thai lady.

The asian shop on Cantonment St opposite Woolstores has a big range of Thai products their fresh veges are usually some of the cheapest around. They also speak Thai, Not sure where they are from, but they also speak Bahassa and a couple of other languages too.

We ended up going to Trans Emporium in northbridge, i think its on newcastle street. She was pretty happy with all that; got a pestle and mortar for cooking too. I think i'll try some closer places mentioned above next time to save the drive..

Thanks for everybodys advice.

• 1 year later...