Anyone A Amateur Radio (ham) Operator?

Coolpal39

Is there a Ham radio club or clubs in Thailand? Can I get an operators licence without being fluent in the Thai language?

CP

Very easy to get a license in Thailand if you have a license in your home country. I am HS0ZHS here and NK2R in the US. The radio club meets every month in Bangkok. Look on the RAST website.

E-mail me for more info.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
<br />W8SDZ<br />KEITH B PETERSEN<br />1769 ARASH CIR<br />PORT ORANGE, FL 32128-7332<br />USA<br /> Operator Class ADVANCED<br />

That's fine for Googling information and available to anyone, but I just wondered if anyone might know of him. He's been around on ham radio for over 30 years and originally started in the Midwest in America.

He was well known in the Dayton, Ohio area for attending ham radio conventions.

Edited by Shuddee

• 9 months later...

Blimey, this brings back a good few fond memories from well over forty years ago.

Started with an HRO (?) with massive plug in band changers, sending off QSL cards, the Russians were always good at replying. Then took the exams and morse test and got my license. Saved up and bought an SSB tranceiver, weekend competitions, complaints about TV interference.

Gave up once I left full time education.

I assumed that mobile phones and the internet would put the final nail in the coffin to Amateur Radio.

Pleased there are still some fans, but I can't see myself taking it up again.