Oz Baby In Thailand

Hope some one can help me with this question

My Thai lady is to have a baby while she is in Australia

When we return to Thailand we want her to also get Thai passport so she can live in both countries with out visa hassles

so the question is, when she first re enters Thailand will she need an Australian Passport for the baby?

Then what does she do to get the baby a Thai ID card and Passport?

Thnx in advance

When we return to Thailand we want her to also get Thai passport so she can live in both countries with out visa hassles

so the question is, when she first re enters Thailand will she need an Australian Passport for the baby?

Thnx in advance

born in OZ to a Thai mother and an Australian father she will be both Australian and Thai. Assuming you are Australian, then your child will be automatically australian. The child will then be issued an Australian birth certificate.

The issue with your child being born outside of Thailand is that to establish a claim on Thai nationality, your child will need to obtain a Thai birth certificate. Once you have the Thai birth certificate which clearly states the baby is "Thai", then you can apply for a Thai passport.

Now here is the kicker. For a child who is born OUTSIDE of Thailand who has a claim on Thai nationality (like your child will have) the only place which can issue them a Thai birth certificate is the Thai embassy in that country. So in your case, you'll have to apply to the Thai embassy in Canberra. There is NO way your child can be issued with a Thai birth certificate back in Thailand.

With the embassy issued birth certificate, you can then apply for a Thai passport. Again, this can only be done at the embassy in Canberra, though I believe the consulate in Sydney is able to do the same job.

Once you get the Thai birth certificate and Thai passport, your child departs Australia, leaving on the Aussie passport, and then you enter Thailnad on the thai passport. When you depart Thailand you get stamped out on the Thai PP and re-etner Australia on the Australian one.

Thnx in advance

Don't know about the ID bit but she must have a passport "every one does"

Thnx in advance

I am going through the process at the moment. My son is 7 months old he has his Australian passport. The Thai Embassy paper work for his birth is complete just waiting for it to come back, started end of Jan. His Thai Passport will be done it Thailand next month.

I will try to attach the forms and thai embassy sent me. The quality is very poor and some of the text has been cut off. I did download 2 forms off the net because of the text problem.

Hope this is helpful.

post-59486-1206144489_thumb.jpg

post-59486-1206144550_thumb.jpg

post-59486-1206144611_thumb.jpg

post-59486-1206144672_thumb.jpg

legal_e.pdf

Nitikorn_form.pdf