On Line Check In

brianw

"What about return / onward flights?

The online check-in system will allow you to check in for all eligible flights scheduled to depart within 36 hours of the time you use online check-in. If your return or onward flights are scheduled to depart within 36 hours of your outbound flight, then the online system will allow you to check in for these flights. If any of your flights are scheduled to depart more than 36 hours after your outbound flight, you will need to repeat the online check-in process for those flights closer to the scheduled departure time.

Please note if your return/onward flight departs outside of the 36-hour window from an airport where online check-in is not currently offered, you will need to follow normal check-in procedures for that flight at the main Emirates desk."

You can also select/change a seat (if there are any empty seats left :o )

Coincidentally, Mrs. Scouse flew from Manchester to Bangkok via Dubai on Emirates yesterday and she used the on-line check-in. When you get to the airport you still need to present yourself at the designated on-line check-in desk to drop off your bags, but there were only three people in the queue, whereas the normal check-in queue must have been 100-long.

Thoroughly recommend it.

Scouse.

I used it in Birmingham last November. There was no designated on-line check-in desk so one of the Emirates staff marched me to the front of the queue at the Business class check-in desk. I was as popular as a fart in a lift :o

Well on line check-in means you do not have to Q to check in,

what you have to do is drop of your bags if any, KLM and BMI

have bag drop of points and the couple of times that I have had

bags to drop of there was no body in the Q.

Its a great system and if you have only carry on you go through

passport control and straight to the gate.

• 3 years later...

I'm flying to BHX via DXB tonight, with Emirates. I received an email from them this morning, inviting me to check in on-line 'to save time at the airport.' I tried to do it but I don't know if I really succeeded as no boarding passes were issued because 'we need to do a credit card check.'

This is presumably only applicable to booking made with a CC but, apparently, I have to present myself at a check-in desk anyway for this check to be made so, presumably, will have to queue up as normal. So, what is the point? Do Emirates have desks specifically for those who have tried to check in on line?

If I now re-visit the Emirates site I just get a message telling me to report to check-in.

My flights show as confirmed and the CC bill was paid long ago so what is the issue here? Anyone have any information?

DM

Anyone got any experience with Air Asia online check in at Swampy?

I'm usually there early and in front of the queue at check in so have never tried it but thought I might give it a go one time when flying solo.

Can you drop your bags anytime before the flight (say 5 hours) or do you have to follow the 2 hour check-in before flight rules?

I'm usually there early and in front of the queue at check in so have never tried it but thought I might give it a go one time when flying solo.

Can you drop your bags anytime before the flight (say 5 hours) or do you have to follow the 2 hour check-in before flight rules?

Unless things have changed in the last 6 months, I don't think AirAsia offers any online check in and 'bag drop' at the airport. Even if you fork out for better seats and priority boarding online (never, ever saw the actual priority boarding done right for domestic departures btw), you still have to line up with the proles well ahead of departure time.

Unless things have changed in the last 6 months, I don't think AirAsia offers any online check in and 'bag drop' at the airport. Even if you fork out for better seats and priority boarding online (never, ever saw the actual priority boarding done right for domestic departures btw), you still have to line up with the proles well ahead of departure time.

http://checkin.airas...ang=EN&langId=1

I've always seen a web check in facility at the Air Asia counters at Swampy.

They even have a computer available for you to use to do it there and then.

Edit: I think the last time I flew with them was 1 year ago.

Edited by PattayaParent

http://checkin.airas...ang=EN&langId=1

I've always seen a web check in facility at the Air Asia counters at Swampy.

They even have a computer available for you to use to do it there and then.

Edit: I think the last time I flew with them was 1 year ago.

Maybe it's been more than a year after all...

"What about return / onward flights?

The online check-in system will allow you to check in for all eligible flights scheduled to depart within 36 hours of the time you use online check-in. If your return or onward flights are scheduled to depart within 36 hours of your outbound flight, then the online system will allow you to check in for these flights. If any of your flights are scheduled to depart more than 36 hours after your outbound flight, you will need to repeat the online check-in process for those flights closer to the scheduled departure time.

Please note if your return/onward flight departs outside of the 36-hour window from an airport where online check-in is not currently offered, you will need to follow normal check-in procedures for that flight at the main Emirates desk."

You can also select/change a seat (if there are any empty seats left :o )

Hi, I fly with Emirates via dubai every 5 weeks, as I normally fly on 1 way booking I cannot be 100% sure, but I believe on the 2 occasions last year I used return bookings I think I was able to book my return seats ( which were scheduled for 5 weeks later) on my initial outward journey via their online system

I can confirm that Air Asia have a couple of counters open for passengers that have used their online check in facility.

They also have 4 touch screen terminals at check in so you can do a 'self check-in' while you're there if you haven't already done it online, and with a couple of staff there to assist you to DIY.

Queues were minimal for the online / self check-in counters and the usual for the remaining ones.

Check in was a doddle.

There were 2 bag drop counters open with queues as long as normal check in but they opened a third and all were dealt with quickly.

They weighed the bag, put the destination sticker on it and checked the visa in the passport.

Job done PDQ.