I Ll Never Fly With Those Ba$tards Again!

baboon

"Thai Airways are the complete opposite - the best! "

Hmmm - I would not go this far and I am Gold ROP on Thai and will be flying Biz Class with them to the UK next week via BKK

If I did not have the free upgrade to biz and as i am paying myself it would have been SIA in economy - Thai has just slipped so far back recently.

Next time to Europe will be September after this trip and I am hoping for the A380 in Biz on SIA - trying to confiorm dates asap so i can get booked on it and not the 747

I would say TG are better than BA though but they are not the best in this region by a long way.

Totally agree with the assessment of TG.

I fly Business Class, probably 6 times per year (admittedly only around Asia) Thai Airways are WAY behind even the likes of Malaysian Airways and Phillipine Airlines and a trillion miles behind Singapore Airlines and my favourite which is Cathay Pacific.

For people needing to fly Bangkok to Singapore, you cannot beat Cathay Pacific. Business Class Return around 12000 baht. Less than half the price of SG!!

I think TG are living off past reputations. Their Business Class sucks :o

Worst flight ever among many around the world......Thai Airways. Non-stop BKK to LAX. The ground crew was very rude, couldn't even organize a que. The air crew, I am not sure there was one. Made a very weak effort to do anything for you. This was in the premium economy class. Seat sucked too.

I stopped using KLM when they offered me a cardboard box with rice and a cake inside. That was the meal for a 11 hour flight And at that time I was Platinum Elite holder - top of the tree!! Stopped using BA even longer ago, for the same reasons. Your not a customer you are a nuisance and dam_n well be quiet or I really will tell you off.

So, i started using Etihad. nice new planes, a bit of a stopver in Abu Dhabi ( at most 1.45 hours) excellent flight entertianment (80 CD's to choose from and films when you want to watch) good prices, around 30K and almost always on schedule.

Now I want some commission Etihad!

Haha... that was the last time I flew KLM as well... and also a Platinum Elite.

Worst flight ever Singapore Airlines

Best Flight in resent years Lauder Air/Austrian Air, by far the best and so used many times.

If you said that the other way round id agree 100%, Austrian Air are shocking especially when they lose your luggage in mid winter and youve only a t-shirt on to get to the other side of the country.

Singapore are fantastic and the service on air New Zealand is the best but the planes are or were crap.

BA do have the worst service staff, and they look as if they fell from the butch ugly tree.

this one is easy - I can even give the date - as of 18th September 2005 I will never fly QANTAS again on an international flight.

I had booked an award ticket, business class, to go Perth-Singapore-Perth as I was working in Burma at the time.

I used the first half of the ticket, no problems.

Some months later I ended up back in Singapore and caught up with a mate who by chance was flying back to Perth from France and had a night layover in SIN. I called QANTAS in Australia to change the return SIN-PER leg to the Sunday so I could get on the same flight as my friend to go back. I had been away 3 months and was ready to go home.

Was told in no uncertain terms that I could go to h*ll, that "I may think Frequent Flyer is a loyalty program but we have news for you", etc. Their argument was that if I wanted to change the flight it needed to be done on a weekday, during business hours etc - even though there were plenty of seats on the flight, both in business and economy. After seeking further advice, was told to front up at Changi for check in and take my chances there.

At the business class check in counter, the helpful woman called upstairs to the QANTAS duty manager for tht flight, and I could clearly hear him say 'tell him he can buy a brand new business class ticket, or he can sit down the back like everyone else"

Frustrated, I forfeited my business class ticket, took an economy seat and went home. The flight was wide open - business class was barely a third full.

I will never EVER fly QANTAS again......... :o

I flew Tarom (Romanian Airlines) from Bangkok to London cos it was cheap (8,000 baht) in 1989.

After leaving the gate the bus dropped us on the tarmac to identify and collect our baggage. We then had to be interviewed, passport in hand, by the pilot before we could board. "Dis you?" pointing at my passport picture. "Um yes", Now I'm getting worried. "You sure?" He scowled "Um Yes", now I'm not so sure. He slaps the passport back into my hand and I am permitted to enter the aircraft.

I was directed to my seat which was a tiny, non-reclinable type with all the comfort and leg space of the Pattaya bus. Me and 2 huge Israelis crammed ourselves in. Fortunately 3 girls were sitting at the exit row in front of us so the 'stewardess' (who looked like the stereotypical eastern european boiler) reefed them out telling them that they were too small to handle the emergency door in case of accident and shoved me and the 2 Israelis into the row proclaiming the seats "First Class!".

After take off, we ordered drinks which never came. The food was completely inedible including the stinky, off butter which looked like WW2 surplus. Since non of the seats reclined, half of the passengers slept in the aisle. I was lucky as the 2 Israelis slept in the exit row aisle and I had the seat to myself. We had a stopover in Dubai, Bucharest (in the coldest, ugliest transit lounge I have ever been in) Rome and then London where I was so jetlagged that I placed my bag (Nepal style cotton) down on a lit cigarette and it set on fire. I didn't realise until I went to the information counter and the attendent said "Um, I think your bag's on fire".

Vegas

ROFL - my first time in Thailand I met an ex- Welsh coal miner who had lived in OZ for 20 years. He was meeting his son who he had not seen for 20 years who had just graduated from Cardiff Uni

The son had flown Rumanian Airlines and the story he had told was very similar to yours - I had not remembered this story in years - thanks for reminding me - I have a big grin on my face

A couple of experiences come to mind, both from the late 70s:

Communist-era Aeroflot. Moscow to Maputo on a flight that stopped off in Odessa, Cairo, Djibouti and Dar-Es-Salaam. I'll never forget that one of the stewardesses was too "wide" to push the trolley whilst walking forwards, so she did everything moving sideways and was thus only able to serve one side of the cabin at a time. Come to think of it our connecting flight from Maputo to Mbabane was delayed for 24 hours because "plane not working". Having no visas for Mozambique we were obliged to spend our enforced delay in a cell, so I'll also add LAM to my no-fly list!

Air Rhodesia. During the Bush War - no, not "that" Bush War. Any airline that requires the stewardesses to carry sub-machine guns has got to be a bit iffy, hasn't it? The reason for this (which thankfully my father didn't explain to me at the time) was that two of these aging Vickers Viscount prop planes had recently been blown out of the sky by SAMs. Whilst one crashed killing all aboard, the other one had some survivors, but most of them were then shot dead by the guerillas that brought the plane down.

We're just spoiled nowadays aren't we!

Vegas

ROFL - my first time in Thailand I met an ex- Welsh coal miner who had lived in OZ for 20 years. He was meeting his son who he had not seen for 20 years who had just graduated from Cardiff Uni

The son had flown Rumanian Airlines and the story he had told was very similar to yours - I had not remembered this story in years - thanks for reminding me - I have a big grin on my face

I flew with Polish lot in the same year but they were much better. Romania was really fkuced up in those days.

A couple of experiences come to mind, both from the late 70s:

Communist-era Aeroflot. Moscow to Maputo on a flight that stopped off in Odessa, Cairo, Djibouti and Dar-Es-Salaam. I'll never forget that one of the stewardesses was too "wide" to push the trolley whilst walking forwards, so she did everything moving sideways and was thus only able to serve one side of the cabin at a time. Come to think of it our connecting flight from Maputo to Mbabane was delayed for 24 hours because "plane not working". Having no visas for Mozambique we were obliged to spend our enforced delay in a cell, so I'll also add LAM to my no-fly list!

Air Rhodesia. During the Bush War - no, not "that" Bush War. Any airline that requires the stewardesses to carry sub-machine guns has got to be a bit iffy, hasn't it? The reason for this (which thankfully my father didn't explain to me at the time) was that two of these aging Vickers Viscount prop planes had recently been blown out of the sky by SAMs. Whilst one crashed killing all aboard, the other one had some survivors, but most of them were then shot dead by the guerillas that brought the plane down.

We're just spoiled nowadays aren't we!

Alright, your story might be better than mine.

Just a few months ago, I was going to fly Lufthansa from the States to Dubai. At check-in, I had enough miles to upgrade to Business for the Frankfurt to Dubai leg, and the agent willingly did that. I also asked if I could buy a few more miles so I could upgrade for the trans-Atlantic leg. This agent said that wouldn't be necessary and comped me the upgrade from the States to Frankfurt. That one act made me a customer of Lufthansa's forever. Even though they are a little more expensive, I try to book them whenever it is practical. I find their service and food (in Business and Economy) to be very good. I'm only a Frequent Traveler, not at the top of their food chain.

Gulf Air is, by far, the worst airline I've ever flown on. Flying from Dubai to BKK was the longest trip of my life. Cold (almost frozen) food, only one working restroom and surly flight attendants. Never again.

Edited by johnsonspot

Nignoy

Brilliant - just hope it wasnot the Jocks in kilts you lost it too - if not it must have been Bugis :D

Wondered why I had a sore Bum I always blamed it on the beef curry :o Nignoy

arseritus :D

I know a stunning Thai girl called "Bum" who married a jock - lucky man

Though not related directly to quality of airline service, the recent BBC news that people are having minute quantities of hash (smaller than a grain of sugar) detected on the sole of their shoes! and Poppy seeds from a LHR bread roll detected on their jumpers at Middle east airports by very sensitive scanning machines and are looking at 4 years plus in an Arab jail for possession of narcotics, will make me seriously consider whether to use the cheapo Arab airlines again as I have done several times in the past. :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...nds/7265789.stm

Edited by spacebass

Though not related directly to quality of airline service, the recent BBC news that people are having minute quantities of hash (smaller than a grain of sugar) detected on the sole of their shoes! and Poppy seeds from a LHR bread roll detected on their jumpers at Middle east airports by very sensitive scanning machines and are looking at 4 years plus in an Arab jail for possession of narcotics, will make me seriously consider whether to use the cheapo Arab airlines again as I have done several times in the past. :o

Give me a break ! I mean, look at the guy !!... Its hardly your Auntie Mary on the way back from a week in Spain !

Quote from bbc: "The Rastafarian was arrested at Dubai Airport in September as he waited for a UK flight en route from Ethiopia."

And I bet it wasnt his own hash he was stepping all over !! All I can say is "No smoke without fire !" (quite literally in this case).

Yeah sure I will be considering the cheapo Arab airlines, next time im on the way back from a drug infested Rastafarian pot smoking party in Ethiopia ! :D

Give me a break ! I mean, look at the guy !!... Its hardly your Auntie Mary on the way back from a week in Spain !

Quote from bbc: "The Rastafarian was arrested at Dubai Airport in September as he waited for a UK flight en route from Ethiopia."

And I bet it wasnt his own hash he was stepping all over !! All I can say is "No smoke without fire !" (quite literally in this case).

Yeah sure I will be considering the cheapo Arab airlines, next time im on the way back from a drug infested Rastafarian pot smoking party in Ethiopia ! :D

So that means he's a bad person? He's a rasta, smokes dope, holidayed in Ethiopia (of religious significance to rastas) and transited through Dubai?

Just thought I would open a spin off thread from the "best airlines" one. For me, if poor service,expensive prices, late departures, crappy or non existing IFE and food a scabby soi dog would turn its nose up at are your thing I reckon KLM are hard to beat.What about you?

Come on, lets vent some ANGER, people!

I have being Flighting with SINGAPORE AIR, THAI and QANTAS, From Perth to SINGAPORE or THAILAND for over 2 years. Catching an connecting flights to Thailand with SILKAIR, JETSTAR and AIRASIA.

SINGAPORE AIR is the best, great looking and friendly trolley dollies, I think most of them have being doing it for years. Just when you think it cannot get any better. I jump on a SILKAIR connecting flight, the planes are a bit small, I guess that is why they have to use the young trolley dollies. I would love to still be flighting with SINGAPORE AIR just the cost is a bit to much now I have to buy 5 tickets 2 to 3 times a year. :o

THAI the planes that leave Perth have been old. No TV in your set, at lest it is a direct flight to Phuket. Which is OK if you are going to Phuket. If you are going to Bangkok you still go to Phuket and hope you do not have to stay at the airport to long. :D

QANTAS have been late several times Missed a connecting flighting in SINGAPORE one time. I asked the staff in Perth several times when the plane was going to leave, got the standard reply same as the PA 30 minutes each time. I just wanted to know if I was going to make my flight or should I book a later one? Anyway get on the plane 3 and half Hours late. The staff finally give me an answer on making my connecting flight to Phuket. "You Won't make that" <deleted> I have being asking for the last 3 hours. No problem they say we will help you when we get to SINGAPORE. Help my ass. QANTAS did put me up in a Hotel room, They tried to put me and another guy in the same room who missed the same flight. I have got nothing against 2 strange guys sharing the same Hotel room, but not my cup of tea.

I still use QANTAS because they are the CHEAPEST.

I am flying with TIGER AIR for the first time from Bangkok to Singapore to Perth soon. It was less than $600 AUD from Singapore to Perth for 4 plus an Infant. This could be the biggest Airline Mistake I have ever made. :D

I have the sihts on with JETSTAR because they cancelled my flight I booked last year, 3 weeks before we arrive in SINGAPORE. Now I have to pay for hotels rooms in SINGAPORE and PATONG. Plus book another ticket with AIRASIA and wait up to 12 weeks for my money back. What <deleted>. :D

Wow! this thread has really got me thinking! On reflection I think I will have to go for Binman Bangladesh. Indirect routing, lack of information,food that gave me a dose of the trots, an exploding toilet with No1 and twos all over the floor, luggage lost and never to be seen again. I even had to use a lawyer to get any compensation, and all of this on the same flight! Can anyone beat that?

Just thought I would open a spin off thread from the "best airlines" one. For me, if poor service,expensive prices, late departures, crappy or non existing IFE and food a scabby soi dog would turn its nose up at are your thing I reckon KLM are hard to beat.What about you?

Come on, lets vent some ANGER, people!

Olympic! Shocking

KLM - Lost Baggage both ways on a return trip.

Never had a really bad flight, but once on Thai flying Mel-LHR, we were diverted from Delhi to Karachi and had to spend the night in a cheap hotel. I was only 17 so was ignored by the check in staff until last so shared a room with an Indian businessman who, like me, never expected to visit Pakistan.

I flew Luthansa once. Manchester to Frankfurt was ok. On approach into FRA, transit passengers were advised to go to the information desk for information on their ongoing flight. So along with a young lady, I went to the said desk.

"Excuse me but where do we go for flight LHXXX to BKK?" I passed my ticket over, all i got back was. "You are in the wrong terminal" and the ticket thrown back.

We eventually find our way. On the flight the stewardesses were surly bossy and just plain unhelpful. I'm sat there keeping my mouth shut as I thought I was surrounded by Germans. (Don't mention the war) As the flight progressed I kept here accented English swearing about Germans and realised were I was sat at least, there were not many around. Talking to some Germans in a bar and they laughed. "That's southerners for you." When I asked who they used it was anybody but Lufthansa.

Qantas, the only time I've flown and seen graffiti on an aircraft.

BA must come top when it comes to agressive butch trolley dollies. Standard food on long haul = chicken or pasta (sorry we ran out of chicken!). Once they have served the rations they dissapear and only reappear to scowl at any passenger naive enough to press their service button.

They without question have a policy of employing butch, aggresive ugly women or gay men. (the gay men tend to be polite and courtious - but are mostly in buisinees or 1st clas)

PS Breakfast after a long haul flight is a bacon and egg roll - sliced boiled egg and the worst bacon!

PPS If you are unlucky enough to lose your luggage whilst arriving in the UK then your in for a very stressfull couple of days. They have a customer service number which never answers - however it puts you on a loop at a cost of 12p (25cents) per minute for upto half an hour then just cuts you off. I even got up and started to phone at 7am when the line opens - same thing!

Thai Airways are the complete opposite - the best!

You lucky B******, they actually said 'Sorry' to you! I completely agree about the cabin staff on BA, it's like being in your mother's car when you were a kid, and she had a headache and was late for an appointment.

Qatar Airways are usually great, except the last couple of times on the Doha - BKK route.

Singapore & Etihad have been the best, with Qatar the same except for the last 2 flights.

Am considering at the moment Qatar Airways or Etihad.

I hear a lot about Etihad (mostly good) but how about Qatar Airways ? Im swaying towards this one coz of the better times.

Which is the better airport, Doha or Abu Dhabi ?

Which is the airline that doesnt allow booze ? Is it Kuwait Airways ?

If you are in Business class on both legs of your journey on Qatar they take you to the Business terminal (only for firts and business class). It is pretty d***ed good!

Ethihad was also great whenever I flew with them, which was less than Qatar.

BA is quite bad not only in Economy. My other half and I flew LHR to SYD via BKK in First in December last year and the food was inedible, they took the curry of the menu and replaced it with the "traditional Xmas dinner", very tough and dry pieces of turkey, overcooked vegetabled etc. Crews were nowhere to be seen. Products were old and tired. In 3 out of 4 sectors the seats weren't working properly. Reading lights fell off and nearly hit MrE2B int head. On BKK-SYD, the IFE weren't working well and therefore had to be reset.. 3 times! I was nearly half way through the film so wasn't happy. The pyjamas given on board was oversized (being a size 10 I was given an M even then it was way too big and could probably fit a 14 easily).

Problem though is we together have lots of BA miles between us so makes it difficult to fly with other airlines until we burn off all the miles (which is a very difficult task as availability on the route we fly is quite rare unless you book a year in advance, due to the nature of our work we cannot do that).

Oh and don't get me started on the "birdseeds" (refreshment) on the domestic flights :o

Edited by MrsExpat2B

BA is quite bad not only in Economy. My other half and I flew LHR to SYD via BKK in First in December last year and the food was inedible, they took the curry of the menu and replaced it with the "traditional Xmas dinner", very tough and dry pieces of turkey, overcooked vegetabled etc. Crews were nowhere to be seen. Products were old and tired. In 3 out of 4 sectors the seats weren't working properly. Reading lights fell off and nearly hit MrE2B int head. On BKK-SYD, the IFE weren't working well and therefore had to be reset.. 3 times! I was nearly half way through the film so wasn't happy. The pyjamas given on board was oversized (being a size 10 I was given an M even then it was way too big and could probably fit a 14 easily).

Problem though is we together have lots of BA miles between us so makes it difficult to fly with other airlines until we burn off all the miles (which is a very difficult task as availability on the route we fly is quite rare unless you book a year in advance, due to the nature of our work we cannot do that).

Oh and don't get me started on the "birdseeds" (refreshment) on the domestic flights :o

I remember picking up my mother in Bkk after flying BA business class. I asked her how the flight was and she swore at me. Enough said.