I Ll Never Fly With Those Ba$tards Again!

baboon

Just thought I would open a spin off thread from the "best airlines" one. For me, if poor service,expensive prices, late departures, crappy or non existing IFE and food a scabby soi dog would turn its nose up at are your thing I reckon KLM are hard to beat.What about you?

Come on, lets vent some ANGER, people!

Edited by baboon

BA must come top when it comes to agressive butch trolley dollies. Standard food on long haul = chicken or pasta (sorry we ran out of chicken!). Once they have served the rations they dissapear and only reappear to scowl at any passenger naive enough to press their service button.

They without question have a policy of employing butch, aggresive ugly women or gay men. (the gay men tend to be polite and courtious - but are mostly in buisinees or 1st clas)

PS Breakfast after a long haul flight is a bacon and egg roll - sliced boiled egg and the worst bacon!

PPS If you are unlucky enough to lose your luggage whilst arriving in the UK then your in for a very stressfull couple of days. They have a customer service number which never answers - however it puts you on a loop at a cost of 12p (25cents) per minute for upto half an hour then just cuts you off. I even got up and started to phone at 7am when the line opens - same thing!

Thai Airways are the complete opposite - the best!

Edited by misterman21

I don't Fly European Airlines anymore, though I was flying With Swiss a lot a few years ago and found them good, I was a Gold card Member so I did get upgraded a few times, but it was all pretty good.

Now I fly Asian Airlines, I was flying Cathay Pacific a lot then I changed to Singapore Airlines and I think they are very good, I have flown with Malaysian Airlines too, they too were very good.

Northwest Airlines wasn't that good, so I guess I wouldn't go back to them if I can avoid it.

Asian Airlines have the egde in my opinion.

BA must come top when it comes to agressive butch trolley dollies. Standard food on long haul = chicken or pasta (sorry we ran out of chicken!). Once they have served the rations they dissapear and only reappear to scowl at any passenger naive enough to press their service button.

They without question have a policy of employing butch, aggresive ugly women or gay men. (the gay men tend to be polite and courtious - but are mostly in buisinees or 1st clas)

PS Breakfast after a long haul flight is a bacon and egg roll - sliced boiled egg and the worst bacon!

PPS If you are unlucky enough to lose your luggage whilst arriving in the UK then your in for a very stressfull couple of days. They have a customer service number which never answers - however it puts you on a loop at a cost of 12p (25cents) per minute for upto half an hour then just cuts you off. I even got up and started to phone at 7am when the line opens - same thing!

Thai Airways are the complete opposite - the best!

Totally agree--mind you having refused to fly BA again many, many years ago, after being treated exactly as you describe--I can't say whether they've improved, they couldn't have got worse--also agree with OP--KLM are also pretty close to BA.

Thai are undoubtedly very good.

"Thai Airways are the complete opposite - the best! "

Hmmm - I would not go this far and I am Gold ROP on Thai and will be flying Biz Class with them to the UK next week via BKK

If I did not have the free upgrade to biz and as i am paying myself it would have been SIA in economy - Thai has just slipped so far back recently.

Next time to Europe will be September after this trip and I am hoping for the A380 in Biz on SIA - trying to confiorm dates asap so i can get booked on it and not the 747

I would say TG are better than BA though but they are not the best in this region by a long way.

The worst airline I have ever flown with would have to be Royal Brunei. When I lived in Perth (west coast of Australia), I was a regular passenger because they were so cheap - about half the price of Thai and Singapore Airlines. Full service airline - but no alcohol served - although you could take your hip-flask bottle and they would supply unlimited Coke.

My horror flight was my last with Royal Brunei. Checked in at Don Mueang on time at 5.30am for a 8.30am departure. Had some breakfast then went upstairs for a nap at the scheduled departure gate. Comes 8.15am - no plane, no announcement. Plane didn't arrive until 10.20am - it was late leaving Frankfurt. No apology - no nothing! Departed at 11am - to Brunei (the world's most forgettable airport). Spent 1.5 hours in claustrophobic, unair-conditioned waiting area. Herded onto the next plane and arrived into Perth 3 hours late.

Nobody in Perth had been advised about our late arrival - family and friends were frantic. All they had been told was we were supposed to be on time - don't know where the plane is!

To finally cap it off - luggage for the first 17 passengers who checked in at Bangkok was mislaid for another 2 hours. It was sent to Perth Domestic Airport as Freight. Finally reunited with my luggage and then had a most unfriendly Customs, Quarantine and Immigration process - as those guys had to stay back to process us.

I emailled and sent a registered letter to Royal Brunei about the trip - never got the courtesy of a reply.

Peter

Try Alitalia Longhaul folks, We flew Heathrow To Bkk via Rome, our first time Business Class, they had some form of airconditioning problem ,so we had to change planes in Rome, guess what Business class from Rome was over booked, so we ended up in cattle class, we took off within 40 minutes they wheeled out the dinner, cold minestrone soup, rubber cold pizza and lukewarm salad and choc icy Pole for sweet, 20 minutes later everything was cleared away, lights and buzzers turned off and a film put on,5 hours later I went to the galley to get a drink,got told to go away, the cabin staff were having a party,as more passengers demanded drinks , 2 air marshalls came round and told everyone to be quiet or we would be arrested for causing a disturbance, needless to say no one got a drink until breakfast was served just before the landing,we complained to the air line along with everyoe else, we recieved 2 ,25pound vouchers off our next Alitalia flight, Never again :o Nignoy

Hmmm - I would not go this far and I am Gold ROP on Thai and will be flying Biz Class with them to the UK next week via BKK

If I did not have the free upgrade to biz and as i am paying myself it would have been SIA in economy - Thai has just slipped so far back recently.

Next time to Europe will be September after this trip and I am hoping for the A380 in Biz on SIA - trying to confiorm dates asap so i can get booked on it and not the 747

I would say TG are better than BA though but they are not the best in this region by a long way.

Totally agree with the assessment of TG.

I fly Business Class, probably 6 times per year (admittedly only around Asia) Thai Airways are WAY behind even the likes of Malaysian Airways and Phillipine Airlines and a trillion miles behind Singapore Airlines and my favourite which is Cathay Pacific.

For people needing to fly Bangkok to Singapore, you cannot beat Cathay Pacific. Business Class Return around 12000 baht. Less than half the price of SG!!

I think TG are living off past reputations. Their Business Class sucks :o

Totally agree with the assessment of TG.

I fly Business Class, probably 6 times per year (admittedly only around Asia) Thai Airways are WAY behind even the likes of Malaysian Airways and Phillipine Airlines and a trillion miles behind Singapore Airlines and my favourite which is Cathay Pacific.

For people needing to fly Bangkok to Singapore, you cannot beat Cathay Pacific. Business Class Return around 12000 baht. Less than half the price of SG!!

I think TG are living off past reputations. Their Business Class sucks :o

Generally agree with the tenor of your comments about TG's regional fleet at least - long haul is getting better but is very dependant on whether you get a new / upgraded bird or an old clunker (I ain't referring to my wife here! :D ) - the new airbuses on the BKK-ZRH route are as good as anything I've been on and are half the price of SQ or LX when flying Singapore to Europe in biz class.

SQ are getting v pricey so I fly to BKK on LX (Swiss) which is the flight that goes on to ZRH. CX is also good but both these airlines only have one flight per day so they'll either suit your itinerary or they won't...

Flew Qantas biz class a few times BKK-LHR and found them very good - modern fleet, great seats, nice booze & tucker - agree about avoiding BA - the service is terrible, even at the front of the bus.

Flown Emirates a few times BKK-Dubai-Brum and found them to be fine (biz class again) but the 'two shorter flights' isn't quite to my personal taste - prefer one long flight so I can get my head down then one short hop at the Europe end. Entirely a personal thing of course and they were much cheaper than TG a couple of years back when last I did it...

CC

I Also used to like Thai Business , now i find it like economy class ,food and service terrible , i now fly Qatar to Europe stop over Doha but very good business class , also New BA not bad , depends on crew but they would win award for ugliest stewardess hands down. :o

I Also used to like Thai Business , now i find it like economy class ,food and service terrible , i now fly Qatar to Europe stop over Doha but very good business class , also New BA not bad , depends on crew but they would win award for ugliest stewardess hands down. :o

Food from Swampypool, is crap compared with that which we had from Don Muang.

Thai gets its best food on return trip from Auckland, h3ll of a lot better.

Try Alitalia Longhaul folks, We flew Heathrow To Bkk via Rome, our first time Business Class, they had some form of airconditioning problem ,so we had to change planes in Rome, guess what Business class from Rome was over booked, so we ended up in cattle class, we took off within 40 minutes they wheeled out the dinner, cold minestrone soup, rubber cold pizza and lukewarm salad and choc icy Pole for sweet, 20 minutes later everything was cleared away, lights and buzzers turned off and a film put on,5 hours later I went to the galley to get a drink,got told to go away, the cabin staff were having a party,as more passengers demanded drinks , 2 air marshalls came round and told everyone to be quiet or we would be arrested for causing a disturbance, needless to say no one got a drink until breakfast was served just before the landing,we complained to the air line along with everyoe else, we recieved 2 ,25pound vouchers off our next Alitalia flight, Never again :o Nignoy

A lways L ate I n T akeoff A lways L ate I n A rrival

British Airways are very bad (in economy) I think they just concentrate good service for 1st and Business class passengers.

Economy class is a nightmare on most airlines. Emirates and Qatar are O.K. and JAL and ANA are good. But how anyone can do more than 7 hours in economy beats me.

These days I take a Xanax and a large drink and try and pass out, sound in the knowledge that if I have paid for economy class, I have the extra 500 GBP 'spending money' when I arrive at my destination, that was worth the suffering of not booking 'Business Class'.

....well my first trip to thailand waswith phillipine they were good in earlier days,then when I was short of cash I used to fly Biman...WOW...!! ANARCHY,..then Romanian......SPOOKY !!...at one point my baggage got lost on 3/4 concecutive occasions so I took out insurance and netted £500 then £700,.....easy peasy..!and the planes were empty.....HA HA :o

Well, good for you guys who have the extra cash to go in Business and First Class. Like libya 115 above, I would rather save the cash to fly in economy. Overall, flying is crap, at least in economy, from having to leave home 4 hours before scheduled flight time, the airport prices, the scams, the late flights, and for me, repeated loss of luggage, up to 4 days late.

As for food (I detest Thai cuisine), the best airline food I ever ate was on THAI, from Singapore, giant prawn. In fact, THAI has beat the other airlines in economy-class food overall.

Worst economy airline award in my book was Ryan Air. I would rather swim than fly Ryan.

Will I ever be able to forget Air India London-Sydney? What a mistake :o . Continuous mayhem amongst my fellow (economy) passengers, toilets unusable after a couple of hours, engine trouble triggering a 3-hour stop in New Delhi airport......... At Kingsford-Smith (Sydney), while entering my passport details in the computer, the grinning immigration officer asked me: "So, tell me, Mr xxxxxx......... how do you like flying with Air India?". Couldn't get the prospect of the return flight out of my mind for the rest of my 3-week stay in Oz.

Unless there's an irresistible biz-class promotion (and because the fare comes out of my hard-earned funds), I agree with those who'd rather save the cash and use a pill to get me through the worst - tough that I didn't have one for the Air India flight out.......... corrected that for the return.

Worst flight ever Singapore Airlines

Best Flight in resent years Lauder Air/Austrian Air, by far the best and so used many times.

I agree with these two airlines, but in reverse order

Best was (still is) S'Pore airlines, worst ever by far was Lauda.

My Best experience was with Caledonian Airlines, on a troop Charter full of mad jocks, From RAF Lyneham to Singapore in the early 60,s, the landing gear collapsed on landing in Bombay, nobody injured just lots of soiled underwear :D the jocks were put up in a police barracks, myself and a couple of others had the misfortune to be put up in a hotel with all those wonderful caledonia girls, I distinctly remember going to a bottle party and then nothing till I came too with the mother of all hangovers 3 days later :D coming in to land at Paya Lebur airport with a suitcase full of frilly underwear, for months afterwards I was on the recieving end of postcards and letters from all over the place signed in lipstick and drenched in perfume.Would be grateful if anyone knows what happened to me on those 3 days in Bombay :D I would love to know if it was there I lost my Virginity :o Nignoy

Biman, Air INdia and PIA are the worst I've flown with by far, followed by BA because of the poor attitude from the staff, they have progressively got worse over the last 20 years. Have not been overly impressed with QANTAS either and Gulf Air were pretty poor IMO, although cheap.

Thai good service, but the planes are a bit ropy. Singapore Airlines for me is the best, modern planes, good service and decent food, Biz class is excellent.

I stopped using KLM when they offered me a cardboard box with rice and a cake inside. That was the meal for a 11 hour flight And at that time I was Platinum Elite holder - top of the tree!! Stopped using BA even longer ago, for the same reasons. Your not a customer you are a nuisance and dam_n well be quiet or I really will tell you off.

So, i started using Etihad. nice new planes, a bit of a stopver in Abu Dhabi ( at most 1.45 hours) excellent flight entertianment (80 CD's to choose from and films when you want to watch) good prices, around 30K and almost always on schedule.

Now I want some commission Etihad!

Am considering at the moment Qatar Airways or Etihad.

I hear a lot about Etihad (mostly good) but how about Qatar Airways ? Im swaying towards this one coz of the better times.

Which is the better airport, Doha or Abu Dhabi ?

Which is the airline that doesnt allow booze ? Is it Kuwait Airways ?