Charity Work In Northern Thailand

galwaygirl

Hey, i was meant to be heading to Thailand this summer to work in a childrens home but it seems likely thats about to fall through as they're reconsidering having non Thai volunteers just for the moment due to unforseen circumstances. They're sending me on other organisations contact details but i just thought i should ask here to see if any of ye knew any that could do with some help. some places i've heard of only accept long term volunteers but due to work/academic committments i can only stay two months :o

Hey, i was meant to be heading to Thailand this summer to work in a childrens home but it seems likely thats about to fall through as they're reconsidering having non Thai volunteers just for the moment due to unforseen circumstances. They're sending me on other organisations contact details but i just thought i should ask here to see if any of ye knew any that could do with some help. some places i've heard of only accept long term volunteers but due to work/academic committments i can only stay two months :o

There are a bunch of youngish 'volunteer' workers in the maeSot area (Myanmar Border/ Central Thailand) working with the refugee camps. Sorry I have no info on how to contact them.

• 1 year later...
Hello!

I am not sure what the terms are foryou but there is a Childrens village between Chiang Rai and mae Sai-you can chek it on the net.I think there is alot of places around here,depend of what kind of work you wont to do.

Brian

Thanks for pointing this one out Brian.

They desperately need indigent children to reduce their over-capacity!

So anybody who has some needy kids on the shelves, please contact them!

You might get a bonus!

Limbo :)

For those seeking an entree into volunteer work I suggest to have a look at this page:

http://www.mirrorartgroup.org/

It's Thai and thus it doesn't belong to the international developmental-help industry.

It's less about money than about helping.