Printer For Business Cards

Who would you recommend to print business cards?

I had 100 printed at the printer inside Paragon Department store (near the school/office supplies section) and they did a really cheap looking job. Yuck! More like a computer print out on cheap paper and scrimping on the ink. Wasted my 450 baht.

My friend who once lived here but is now gone had a very nice calling card (photographic even) which was even cheaper than MBK and Paragon said he had it done somewhere near Charoen Krung Road (I think), but I can't find it.

Any suggestions? :o

• 1 month later...

I needed to do the same thing, so I went yesterday to a place at MBK that had been previously recommended here, but without the OP providing any supporting details.

The place I went, and got good service and product from, was the Instant Print shop on the second floor of MBK, just a small shop about halfway down the mall on a cross aisle. Right next to it is another similar printing shop.. And there are a couple more on the second floor, on the main long aisle, toward the far end, right hand side.

Instant Print told me their minimum run was 100, which is want I wanted. They had 4 or 5 books of available paper samples in different colors and weights. I went with a glossy coat, 260g stock, which is pretty heavy. Color design/type and photo on both sides, one in English and the other in Thai script. The price, including design, was 800 baht. For the same card and stock, it would have been 500 baht for just one side.

This shop is run by a couple of Thai ladies, two with short hair and one with long hair, and the latter pretty attractive. Fortunately, she spoke passably good English, and we didn't have much trouble working out the details of what I wanted.

They also have books of past card samples, so I looked though the books and found one that generally resembed what I had in mind for mine. I showed her, and then we went through the detail of her creating my design on her computer using Adobe Illustrator, and typing in the text info I wanted. I asked if she would have preferred a Word file with the text, but she said for a business card, she didn't mind just typing it.

The whole selection/design/and proofing process took about one hour as I sat there, working with the lady. When we were finished, she said it'd take them about one hour to finish the printing and cutting... But it was late in the day, so I chose to come back this morning for pickup... I believe they are open from 10 am to 8 pm daily....

I happened to run into a Thai business owner friend of mine this morning, after I had picked up the cards. I showed her the product, which is very nice and good looking, and she wanted to know how much. I told her, and she replied "pang mak mak" meaning expensive. So....when I see her later today or next time, I'll ask her where she had her cards printed.

Instant Print also has a pretty good and useful web site, which shows their 3 locations at MBK, one at Central World and another at another mall....

http://www.instantprint2000.com/location.html

I didn't shop around for this job, because it was a small quantity and I wanted to just finish it... not spend hours and days going from place to place... But for what I needed, they did a good, quick, quality job with lots of possible options, depending on what the customer wanted.

If anyone has recommendations for equal or better quality and speed at better prices, please do let everyone know. --John.