Shirtless Ferangs

misterman21

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it but i find old men wearing very tight speedo shorts just as bad talk about putting you of your food i do feel sorry for you folks in Pataya.

Oh no.

Don't get me on the subject of man-thongs :o:D

I dont mind shirtless farangs (as long as they are on the beach.) Of course...the old pot bellied ones are a little much...but...that doesnt mean they shouldnt have the right to go swimming or tanning without a shirt on.

However...speedos disgust me. My question is, why on EARTH do they like to wear speedos??? Does it give them this sense of "freedom" or something? Frankly, I just think they need a reality check: men in speedos, even if they are fit, are in no way attractive and they never will be. But that, is my opinion.

---------------------

"why on EARTH do they like to wear speedos???"

Speedos were designed to give a competitive edge for swimmers by cutting resisitance in the water.

I believe the same holds true for those walking or riding motorcycles.

Personally I would like to see the Traditional Thai "topless style" come back for spring woman's fashion.

Hey I'm just an old fashioned guy... :o

I know, I just dont like Pattaya, the place is a dump and seeing all the slobs with there beer gut hanging out makes me sick.

I don't like it either, it represents something about Thialand that I like to forget. It also represents something about falangs that I like to forget...

living in denial.

Every time my wife suggests to a falang they should visit Pataya, I cringe.

(and no, my wife is not or ever was, a BG)

I know, I just dont like Pattaya, the place is a dump and seeing all the slobs with there beer gut hanging out makes me sick.

I don't like it either, it represents something about Thialand that I like to forget. It also represents something about falangs that I like to forget...

living in denial.

Every time my wife suggests to a falang they should visit Pataya, I cringe.

(and no, my wife is not or ever was, a BG)

---------------------

Perhaps you're wife knows something about Pattaya you don't.. :o

I don't want to see retired Norwegian seamen, British football holigans, and German steel-workers shirtless so I don't go to Pattaya.

But employed Swiss goatherds, Dutch tulip growers and French onion sellers are okay? :o We know where you are coming from.

I don't want to see retired Norwegian seamen, British football holigans, and German steel-workers shirtless so I don't go to Pattaya.

But employed Swiss goatherds, Dutch tulip growers and French onion sellers are okay? :D We know where you are coming from.

-------------------

How about Italian Doctors? :o

I dunno wot the hangup over shirts are, gals go almost topless.

If I wear a bra top, would that be acceptable.?

Itsy bitsy bikini....... yeah!!!!

If not, why not?

I dun have man boobs yet, but working on it...... :o

Come to that, why clothes at all, born nekkid, live nekkid, is natural.

Thai culture? This is the same culture where the men wore nothing but a sarong until a couple of generations ago? The same culture where concubines and dancers were completely topless?

Repeat after me: Conservatism in Thailand is a hypocrisy and has nothing at all to do with 'Thai Culture'.

Agreed.

And what I don't get is this supposition that "you'll never see a Thai in public with no shirt on". Really? Whoever said that has clearly not been down any back sois in bangkok then - any time you go a couple of sois away from a main road, you'll often see groups of Thais hanging out outside someone's shop, house, or whatever and it's very common for there to be one or two shirtless guys among the group.

Similarly, any time you see Thai guys doing any kind of manual work, e.g. unloading a delivery truck, setting up a market stall, fixing a car, etc. it's very common for some of the guys doing the work to be topless while they do it. Obviously it's to help cool down while doing this strenuous work but this talk of 500 Baht fines for being topless in public clearly don't seem to be valid.

The other day I was walking up the steps to a skytrain station and a topless Thai guy came jogging down the steps past me. And there's an old-ish guy who owns a shop round the corner from my apartment who I don't think I've ever seen with a shirt on.

OK, they would never go topless in a bank or supermarket, etc. an seeing farrang doing that is pretty disrespectful, and I saw a farrang sitting topless outside in the KFC at Pantip Plaza not so long ago which was pretty grim, but to suggest that Thais will never be topless in public is not true.

It's like the people who say Thais never go to the beach. A quick trip to Samet, Hua Hin, Jomtien, Koh Chang, etc. on any weekend will soon prove that theory wrong...

I have never used speedos in my life.

Only idiots wear them, I think they should be locked up for wearing them

Speedos, budgie smugglers are the ultimate beachwear for guys.

Blokes who wear those flapping culotte style shorts in the water should drown..... be drowned.

They look disgusting, wet and 'orrible, disgrace to the male race.

Speedos dry off quickly, and far more comfy.

We all reckoned it is the poorly endowed guys who rail against speedos.

Personally, my beach in NZ is clothing optional, no guesses my attire, just what God gave me.

personally i dont mind speedos. there are many men who can carry them off and many who cant. you dont need to be cut to wear them. and if you have the right fit, you should look pretty good in them.

of course there are bigger people who dont look so good, but hey, who cares? they are human beings who are enjoying their lives. keep them on the beach where they belong and thats fine.

speedos and topless blokes dont belong on the streets. they should be on the beach only. this also goes for women who insist on parading around in bikini tops. gross. put the puppies away people.

personally i dont mind speedos. there are many men who can carry them off and many who cant. you dont need to be cut to wear them. and if you have the right fit, you should look pretty good in them.

of course there are bigger people who dont look so good, but hey, who cares? they are human beings who are enjoying their lives. keep them on the beach where they belong and thats fine.

speedos and topless blokes dont belong on the streets. they should be on the beach only. this also goes for women who insist on parading around in bikini tops. gross. put the puppies away people.

---------------------

Look for the Taksin speedos on beach road in Pattaya this December... :o

The whiners in this thread have the tone of the woman in this other thread.

I think we could try some "aversion therapy" on all of you "ugly bashers". I'll just get about 20 thousand "large" people, who are also deemed "ugly" by your standards & allow them to wander the streets of Pattaya 24 hours a day. Within a week or 2, most of you will not even notice them.

Or we could have a "Mr Farang - Pattaya 2008" whereby every single one of you whiners will be forced to enter & parade on a public stage, semi naked, before being judged by the audience. Should there be weight classes in this contest?

Who's going to provide the "spew" buckets?

Edited by elkangorito

It is hot here like in Hawaii. Much more comfortable to go shirtless. I try to be respectful & wear a shirt at banks Home Pro Carrefour & other establishments. I am in good shape & don't really feel shirtless is an issue....now if I could get my girlfriend to go with it I would be stoked. Seriously I hate getting overheated & sweating, besides it feels great on a motor cycle! Shirtless & raving & not showering for 3 days would be a real turn off!

Thai culture? This is the same culture where the men wore nothing but a sarong until a couple of generations ago? The same culture where concubines and dancers were completely topless?

Repeat after me: Conservatism in Thailand is a hypocrisy and has nothing at all to do with 'Thai Culture'.

Agreed.

And what I don't get is this supposition that "you'll never see a Thai in public with no shirt on". Really? Whoever said that has clearly not been down any back sois in bangkok then - any time you go a couple of sois away from a main road, you'll often see groups of Thais hanging out outside someone's shop, house, or whatever and it's very common for there to be one or two shirtless guys among the group.

Similarly, any time you see Thai guys doing any kind of manual work, e.g. unloading a delivery truck, setting up a market stall, fixing a car, etc. it's very common for some of the guys doing the work to be topless while they do it. Obviously it's to help cool down while doing this strenuous work but this talk of 500 Baht fines for being topless in public clearly don't seem to be valid.

The other day I was walking up the steps to a skytrain station and a topless Thai guy came jogging down the steps past me. And there's an old-ish guy who owns a shop round the corner from my apartment who I don't think I've ever seen with a shirt on.

OK, they would never go topless in a bank or supermarket, etc. an seeing farrang doing that is pretty disrespectful, and I saw a farrang sitting topless outside in the KFC at Pantip Plaza not so long ago which was pretty grim, but to suggest that Thais will never be topless in public is not true.

It's like the people who say Thais never go to the beach. A quick trip to Samet, Hua Hin, Jomtien, Koh Chang, etc. on any weekend will soon prove that theory wrong...

Well written, Dantilley. Best post I have read in this thread so far.

Cheers,

Jem

Edited by JemJem

I am petitioning to start a naturist club in Bangkok at the moment. We plan to have our first naked march next month, starting at Lumpini park and finishing up at the Grand Palace.

How do you think the Thais will react to this? We have written to the Ministry of Culture many times already without any reply, so it must be OK to go ahead.

Anybody interested in coming along please PM me !

Kankaroo.

Who's the poor guy who has to conduct the "short-arm" inspection of your lot? :o

I have never used speedos in my life.

Only idiots wear them, I think they should be locked up for wearing them

Speedos, budgie smugglers are the ultimate beachwear for guys.

Blokes who wear those flapping culotte style shorts in the water should drown..... be drowned.

They look disgusting, wet and 'orrible, disgrace to the male race.

Speedos dry off quickly, and far more comfy.

We all reckoned it is the poorly endowed guys who rail against speedos.

Personally, my beach in NZ is clothing optional, no guesses my attire, just what God gave me.

The water at your beach in NZ is probably so damned cold you need a wet suit. :o

The whiners in this thread have the tone of the woman in this other thread.

I think we could try some "aversion therapy" on all of you "ugly bashers". I'll just get about 20 thousand "large" people, who are also deemed "ugly" by your standards & allow them to wander the streets of Pattaya 24 hours a day. Within a week or 2, most of you will not even notice them.

Or we could have a "Mr Farang - Pattaya 2008" whereby every single one of you whiners will be forced to enter & parade on a public stage, semi naked, before being judged by the audience. Should there be weight classes in this contest?

Who's going to provide the "spew" buckets?

Too late - they're already here! :D:o