Massive Hail Storm

chevykanteve

About two hours ago the weather abruptly changed from very hot, to cool. A thunder/lightning storm began, and has not stopped. But what's really odd, at least for Roi-Et, is that a massive hail storm has taken place. I never before saw hail in Thailand (or America or England) as big as this -- thumb size (=I mean, like a BIG thumb). This is a scary experience.

Edited by chevykanteve

:o Golf ball sized hailstones are not uncommon in sunny Queensland, a cheap way to get a new car, at the hail and flood damaged car sales in Pinkenba , but dimpled golfball paintjobs dont appeal to me, dont mind a bit of flood damage as long as they remove the fish out of the ashtrays :D Nignoy

three or four years ago we had hail the size of tennis balls; they broke our roofs, smashed anything plastic that was outside, one of our kids here was injured since he was outdoors working int he orchards, cars were heavily damaged....

me and my kids had to live in a hotel room for a few days until the roof was repaired (still have damage marks on walls to remind me); light fixtures on the ceiling were ruined (they fell!!!) i literally had holes in my ceiling!!! and by plastic, i mean, like, plastic sheds, plastic feeding troughs for livestock, thick plastic roofing in goat shed, plastic chairs and tables that are outdoor furniture.

and it was very very local only on our 'mountain' (740 meteres above sea level) and one other one near by.... no where else.

then we also had cicadas in the spring . and frogs leaping around at some point of that year. in fact , we had a lot of the curses moses called down upon the pharoah.... hmmmmm.......(lice, we always have in the kids' heads),

lots of agricultural damage, in the millions

so i pity the farmers in roi et.... hail can do incredible damage to plants, trees, fruits, veggies not to mention house and hearth

Edited by bina

:o Golf ball sized hailstones are not uncommon in sunny Queensland, a cheap way to get a new car, at the hail and flood damaged car sales in Pinkenba , but dimpled golfball paintjobs dont appeal to me, dont mind a bit of flood damage as long as they remove the fish out of the ashtrays :D Nignoy

Just a thought. Golf balls travel further than a purely spherical ball due to the dimples.

I wonder if a hail damaged, dimpled car would be faster or perhaps more fuel efficient?

A can of Chang to the first TV memebr who trials my idea.

Yeah, I am south west of Roi Et, and we had quite a Thunderstorm. But no hail. Rain lasted for hours, and the light show was quite something to watch.

Sat TV went out, but amazingly, my TOT IPStar internet connection held on.

The wife has been on a round in the village updating herself on the latest gossip. And what she heard was that 1 villager was struck by lightning outside his house last night and is recovering in hospital. And in the next village 3 guys where hit, and one died.

> Golf balls travel further than a purely spherical ball due to the dimples.

> I wonder if a hail damaged, dimpled car would be faster or perhaps more fuel efficient?

I believe that golf balls were originally smooth but a dog chewed ball was discovered to travel straighter, so the chew marks were formed into dimples we see today. No idea how true the story is, a google might help.

I think for the same reason aircraft are not dimpled, for the size and speed a simple fin is better than dimples.