Non-b Visa....

Just in Singapore now and applying for a new Non B visa.

According to them I will only get a 3 months visa as I'm a "workpermit holder"...

I have a 6 months multiple entry Non B issued in Kota Bahru before but the emabssy in Singapore now says new rules and I will only get a single entry 3 months Non B. I have all papers in order, workpermit and I'm the business owner...

What is going on? What would they give me if I didn't have a workpermit?

I'd better go for a double tourist visa instead...

So from now on I will have to go and make a new Visa every 3 months? How about the rule of moving permanetly to Thailand. This would now be impossible as you would need at least 3-5 (don't remeber) consecutive 1 year Visas...

Can someone please explain...

Thanks

If you do that, you'll lose your WP.
So from now on I will have to go and make a new Visa every 3 months?

No just go to a different Consulate or Embassy. Singapore has claimed they have been told by Thailand “no more multi entry non immigrant visas are to be given out” Only Embassy that I heard of been told these instructions.

www.sunbeltasia.com

If you do that, you'll lose your WP.

Well I didn't really mean I would do that, my point was just that I would get to stay longer in Thailand as a tourist than as a company owner...

According to them I will only get a 3 months visa as I'm a "workpermit holder"...

I have a 6 months multiple entry Non B issued in Kota Bahru before but the emabssy in Singapore now says new rules and I will only get a single entry 3 months Non B. I have all papers in order, workpermit and I'm the business owner...

So from now on I will have to go and make a new Visa every 3 months? How about the rule of moving permanetly to Thailand. This would now be impossible as you would need at least 3-5 (don't remeber) consecutive 1 year Visas...

Thanks

You need extensions of stay which you obtain here in Thailand at immigration to count for three year stay to apply for PR. You only need one B visa valid for 90 days to apply for this extension. If you do not meet extension requirements you will never get PR. Those visas from Consulates do not count.

So you need to pay yourself the required wage and take paperwork to immigration and apply for extension of stay. Am sure Sunbelt or Indo-Siam can guide you for a reasonable fee if you are too busy to DIY. You also do not ever have to make visa runs with this route.

Odds are high it’s because he cannot meet one of these conditions:

1. 2 million baht paid up capital with 1 million left in working capital

2. 4 Thai employees per WP

3. Minimum salary for his nationality... 50K for European

Rather than he has no time to process the extension of stay based on business. Nothing wrong with 90 day visa runs with WP but would reco to go to a different Consulate next time when he applies.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Thanks

You need extensions of stay which you obtain here in Thailand at immigration to count for three year stay to apply for PR. You only need one B visa valid for 90 days to apply for this extension. If you do not meet extension requirements you will never get PR. Those visas from Consulates do not count.

So you need to pay yourself the required wage and take paperwork to immigration and apply for extension of stay. Am sure Sunbelt or Indo-Siam can guide you for a reasonable fee if you are too busy to DIY. You also do not ever have to make visa runs with this route.

Go home and visit mom and get a multi in the homeland, or make an overnight trip to Australia and do it.

I am a tad confused with this...........I hold a 1 year work permit and 1 year multiple re-entry visa......but dont need to go out of the country every 3 months or so for anything...... :D

Why do you guys need to? :o

You have what he does not have - a one year extension of stay and a re-entry permit.

You have to meet requirements as Sunbelt outlined to qualify for that. Some people can not.

What you do need to do, if you stay longer than 90 days, is report your address to immigration on form tm.47