Once Bitten, Twice Shy...

sorry I am confused, you are talking about dogs are you not? or is it children.

And whatever they are you've got them cooped up a house in Air Conditioning.

Look at your own behaviour then you can work out the rest of it.

I do happen to think that ANY dog expert, would NEED to VIEW the dog and owner in their regular life, before they can make a judgement about anything, who is in charge, who is not, to what extent, etc. You cannot possibly say that this woman who we both know we are talking about, is a pack leader, or is not, or is 50% of the time, or whatever, just from her friking emails, that is absolutely absurd!!! The fact that she has photos posted of her 3 year old or 2 year old kid, nose to nose, with this dog, probably means she doesn't have a clue what she is doing, and you know it!

Since she cannot control the mind of her kid, and IF she knows pack behavior, and has a potentially deadly dog like this, I would think, she would not let it within 10 feet of her kid, and know that this eye-to-eye stuff is very risky. But just like I thought, MY DOG won't BITE ME OVER a GOD dam_n LEGO, she is using human thinking, and thinking her dog knows, this kid means everything to her, and he would never bite him in the face!! Where else would the dog bite him??

Hmmm, I wonder if you are talking about me, my dogos and daughter :o

I own and have bred English Mastiffs for many years... And although we breed for temperament ... There is always the possibility that even the most agreeable of hounds will snap. We follow the three strikes rule... Any animal that snaps is neutered after strike one... This prevents that animal from passing on any tendencies that could put someone in danger... As these dogs can easily hit 200 pounds... This is the most responsible thing to do.

After strike two... Said animal gets packed off to extensive training and evaluation... Expensive ...But the fair thing to do for the dog.

With strike three... The dog is immediately destroyed.

But as to the OP's issue... It's a bit late and I'm sure you've learned your lesson... But any time a set (M&F) of dogs that is not your own approaches... It's always wise to assume that the female may be in heat and that the male will defend his turf... Therefore do what you can to put something between yourself and the dogs and attempt to shoo the female away. And if you are the owner of ANY other domestic pet that physically contacts you... Be especially wary.

I consider any dog not on a leash a soi dog and go out of my way to avoid them...

Here's hoping your injuries heal well and your shot days are at an end (OUCH!!)

To ilovedogs...

Judging from your story and speaking from experience... You are sitting on a time bomb... I hope you don't have small children... And I fear for your wife... Until you figure out the trigger that set that dog off... You should under no circumstances allow a giant breed dog to be alone with anyone that it outweighs... Your having to bribe the dog to let you go is a bad sign. If that dog wouldn't release at your command and held you that long... He is now boss dog.... Especially since you abandoned the turf to him when you ran off. Also... I don't know about Thai law when it comes to how much protection you get by posting a beware of dog sign... But I'd post a couple in Thai, English and Lao...

Edited by LucMee