Koh Tao In April

I tried to key in accommodation in Koh Tao to avoid repeating the post but couldn't find anything.

Can anybody recommend a place to stay there that is ideal for a fussy couple on a 'honeymood' who intend to do some safe and quality diving...?

Ideally they are looking for something at around 500 Baht per night, quiet and clean. I have never been there so I don't know exactly what to expect and don't want to disappoint them.

cheers!

I tried to key in accommodation in Koh Tao to avoid repeating the post but couldn't find anything.

Can anybody recommend a place to stay there that is ideal for a fussy couple on a 'honeymood' who intend to do some safe and quality diving...?

Ideally they are looking for something at around 500 Baht per night, quiet and clean. I have never been there so I don't know exactly what to expect and don't want to disappoint them.

cheers!

I dont think you can be fussy for 500baht a night. If this is your budget you may have to settle for something a bit basic? It can be bloomin hot at this time of year in Koh Tao and you may want Air con. This will cost quite a bit more than 500 baht per night.

However the scuba diving can be quite fantastic at this time of year. Beautiful clear oceans and a chance of seeing a whaleshark or 2 at Champon Pinnacle. The most amazing sight you will ever see under water.

Will try and get some price info from a friend that is there at the moment.

Have a good one.

Edited by bsided69

cheers!

I dont think you can be fussy for 500baht a night. If this is your budget you may have to settle for something a bit basic? It can be bloomin hot at this time of year in Koh Tao and you may want Air con. This will cost quite a bit more than 500 baht per night.

However the scuba diving can be quite fantastic at this time of year. Beautiful clear oceans and a chance of seeing a whaleshark or 2 at Champon Pinnacle. The most amazing sight you will ever see under water.

Have a good one.

You are right, I should have said 500 Baht up at least.

I'll be on a budget but they'll be happy to pay more for somewhere with all the mod cons as they have the euros to spend.

One of them has already done a couple of hundred dives. I guess she'll go for very professional service.

Your description sounds excellent!

Thanks a lot for more advice to come if u get the chance.

cheers!

Have a good one.

You are right, I should have said 500 Baht up at least.

I'll be on a budget but they'll be happy to pay more for somewhere with all the mod cons as they have the euros to spend.

One of them has already done a couple of hundred dives. I guess she'll go for very professional service.

Your description sounds excellent!

Thanks a lot for more advice to come if u get the chance.

I forgot to ask you if there's need to make a booking, does it get full up in April you think?

thank you

Always best to book to avoid dissapoinment. High seasons are odd on the Islands. As I remember the visibility in the oceans is much better at this time of year so its likely to be quite busy. Here is a website with a pretty compehensive guide to the Island its guesthouses and diveschools.

www.kohtaobliss.com/

• 5 weeks later...

I just got back from a fabulous holiday at Black Tip without having to book in advance, it wasn't that busy after all. Excellent diving, 600 B for a clean good bungalow, nice people, expensive but nice food, great atmosphere. I even got to see an exciting thai boxing match! Will definitely go back next year! thanx a lot for your advice.