Getting My Daughter To Uk

hi, you might have seen my previous post : " is this another buffalo story" anyway now I have a job in uk i want to earn a pile over the next few years and then retire to los.

I wish it could be different but wages here seem to be 40 times more than girlfriend earns in bkk, anyway: what is the most direct way to get my gf and Daughter to uk.

I understand that this might have been dealt with before, but It is nice to have all the info in one place.

thanks

danny

Edited by dannyh2000uk

<br />Put them on a plane<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Pah, C'mon read the question the most "direct" way would be to bore a tunnel from Thailand thru the Earth straight to the UK..... might not be the quickest?

I suggest you have a word with 'Scouse' over on the 'Visas' section - he and the guys who post there will be a lot more helpful that the half witted replies you've had above.

Mind, you'll have to give a bit more detail, for example have you already got a job in the UK, a place to live etc?

<br />Put them on a plane<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Pah, C'mon read the question the most "direct" way would be to bore a tunnel from Thailand thru the Earth straight to the UK..... might not be the quickest?

I suggest you have a word with 'Scouse' over on the 'Visas' section - he and the guys who post there will be a lot more helpful that the half witted replies you've had above.

Mind, you'll have to give a bit more detail, for example have you already got a job in the UK, a place to live etc?

I suggest you go there and only post there, as they would also love your half assed replies too

do not flame each other.

Danny, there are 2 options, if you are working now in the Uk then the most efficient route would be to apply for a fiancee visa for your gf, your daughter should be entitled to a UK passport as even without being married the law now recognises children of UK fathers born overseas. Once your daughter has her passport she would be exempt from Uk visa requirements so only your gf would need to apply for a fiancee visa, once she is in the UK you would need to get married within 6months of her arrival & she would then need to apply for further leave to remain. Once she had that then within the relevant time requirements (i beleive 3 years ) she would be entitled to apply for British citizenship .

The other option is for you to come to thailand on holiday & get married, get your daughters british passport & apply for your wifes residency visa which lasts for 2 years after which should could apply for Indefinate leave to remain & after another year would then be able to apply for British citizenship.

Glad you are getting on your feet & looking to the future now.

moved to the visa section