Need Emergency Apartment Help

AdventureAsia

Hello, maybe you heard my story on this forum and i would just like to say tha i am not a troll.

Anyway my questions is "Do i need to show my passport and proof of visa to be able to rent a house or a apartment in Bangkok"?

Now i live on the street and with a strange thai family that i really don't find enjoyable. I need a place to live, i got money for it but i dont have Visa here in Thailand. I see they got a aprtment section on this site with many cheap rooms, would i need to show visa to be able to rent them? I just want a okay place to live, am really tired now. I earn about 25k baht a month from online business so i want a place for like 5-10k a month if that is possible. Anyone have any tips or something please tell me :o By the way am just 20 years old.

Before I waste any more time replying ... can a mod verify that his post was indeed made from BKK?

I am from BKK, please just tell me if its possible or not. Anyway my time is out, no luck today as well. I will be back in a few days when i got some money. I hope for some good answers than.

Maybe they check your visa but I would doubt it. It's a luck of the draw I am afraid.

They should require just a copy of your passport for their records, so if you go in with just that you may get away with it. Of course if they have the real passport in their hand and they do check, maybe they will take it further and call police. But again I would doubt it.

Think you would be better using your apartment money to sort out your visa first, stay with the Thai family, and then use your next lot of money for an apartment.

And if you are a troll, thanks for wasting my time.

Hello i am back hehe after some talk i got some free online talk. I am not a troll and i don't see the point in being a so called troll at all. I dont even know what troll means but i guess its some kind of wanna be strayer and liar.

Thank you for advice, i am looking at apartments now and i will take my chances i think. I will just make a copy of my passport where it says my name and all that stuff. If they ask for my real passport ill just say that i got it with my "fantasy gf" or something which is not here right now. And if they have to see it i just don't live at that place. I will try call some interesting places now, i have ot felt this good for a long time, my hopes are really high!

I have to pray that everything go smooth as silk, and if anyone have a simular experience feel free to share it here or over a PM if you want to keep it private.

So do you hope to live in thailand with no visa for the rest of your life? :o:D I mean at some point you are going to have to meet the guys at immigration right?So why not do it now,& be done with it?

Hold up,just read the full story.So tell us about being in the export business in bangkok at just 17 years old.

Edited by uptou

So do you hope to live in thailand with no visa for the rest of your life? :o:D I mean at some point you are going to have to meet the guys at immigration right?So why not do it now,& be done with it?

Because am not going to jail, i dont have any money, if i get a place to live i can work, get money pay the 20k baht fee and buy a ticket to Norway. If i go there no they put me in a cell for a few years.

I need a place to live, i got money for it but i dont have Visa here in Thailand.
i dont have any money, if i get a place to live i can work, get money pay the 20k baht fee and buy a ticket to Norway.

Did you forget your financial status between posts?

You're worried about needing a visa to get an apartment, but you don't seem bothered about getting a job without a visa?

Edited by dave111223

C'mon people.. dont be mean, he's asking something, there is no need to "extra" talks..

to rent an apartment you dont need the visa. :o

Depends, as a lot places will ask for Passport and Visa photocopy, which I understand they do pass on to the local BIB. Maybe someone can verify, but the last two places that I have lived in have requested it, and I am aware of a fair few other people who have been asked for the same.

As for the OP, there a few nice bridges in Bangkok that he can sit under, which I'm sure he'll find more than comfortable.

If you make a copy of your passport data page that might get you by.

Thais seem to fall into two groups regarding the visa. Either they don't

really understand it and could care less or they're exceptionally nosy.

The nicer hotels and apartments/condos seem to want to make their own

photocopies of everything when you check-in but that's not the situation

you're looking for so maybe you'll be okay. Try to take care of the visa. :o

If you make a copy of your passport data page that might get you by.

Thais seem to fall into two groups regarding the visa. Either they don't

really understand it and could care less or they're exceptionally nosy.

The nicer hotels and apartments/condos seem to want to make their own

photocopies of everything when you check-in but that's not the situation

you're looking for so maybe you'll be okay. Try to take care of the visa. :o

They WILL want to see the TM card.

Same guy who want's to walk around the world eating free food, drinking free drink and sleeping in the woods.

You haven't got very far in 3 months,

Get walking

Hahahaha I had a funny filling it was the same guy.

Disappointing!!!

I think I saw this guy in kao san road.

He wouldn’t even pay for he’s beer .

Before I waste any more time replying ... can a mod verify that his post was indeed made from BKK?

He is in Thailand JD. But is still a troll. :o

LOL .. well since he's in Thailand ....

You can rent an apartment, but hotels are required by law to report your whereabouts to immigration daily. Apartments etc are supposed to inform immigration regarding leases, they rarely do as most are not aware of that law.

After you do get picked up by Immigration police and later deported PLEASE check back in with us and let us know how your time at the Immigration Detention Center was!

He is a troll or a very stupid young kid who should not be out unless mummy is with him.

This cannot be for real can it????

hello this is for real and regarding the walk and they ill tell u now, if u read my other post u can cleary read that i gave it up. it was to hard.

About job and money, i can work ONLINE i dont need a visa for that. I dont have much money now but i started to work online more with a dam_n good affiliate program. I work on a intenet cafe so its expensive hehe but all in all i earn on it.

if i get a place to leave i can continue working and get enough money to fly to norway. That is why i really want a place to live, but it must have intnernet. I have been checking out a few places and am going to one today in sukumvit road. proably ill stay there :o

Thanks for help everyone, but they wont call the ebassy etc and report where i am and stuff? i never heard of that before...

Hello i am back hehe after some talk i got some free online talk. I am not a troll and i don't see the point in being a so called troll at all. I dont even know what troll means but i guess its some kind of wanna be strayer and liar.

Thank you for advice, i am looking at apartments now and i will take my chances i think. I will just make a copy of my passport where it says my name and all that stuff. If they ask for my real passport ill just say that i got it with my "fantasy gf" or something which is not here right now. And if they have to see it i just don't live at that place. I will try call some interesting places now, i have ot felt this good for a long time, my hopes are really high!

I have to pray that everything go smooth as silk, and if anyone have a simular experience feel free to share it here or over a PM if you want to keep it private.

a troll is smelly and ugly are you? dont mean to be rude.

C'mon people.. dont be mean, he's asking something, there is no need to "extra" talks..

to rent an apartment you dont need the visa. :D

Depends, as a lot places will ask for Passport and Visa photocopy, which I understand they do pass on to the local BIB. Maybe someone can verify, but the last two places that I have lived in have requested it, and I am aware of a fair few other people who have been asked for the same.

As for the OP, there a few nice bridges in Bangkok that he can sit under, which I'm sure he'll find more than comfortable.

mabybe he can meet the troll of his dreams under that bridge,she might even give him a blanket :o

I am sure there are places that don't care if you have a visa or not, but everywhere that I have lived, they have checked and records have been turned over to the Immigration police. That said, once your in a place, they don't check again to see if your visa is valid, but initially most places do.

If the OP is sincere, he should have someone else rent the apartment for him in their name. A lot of places don't pay much attention to actually resides there and after a few days, they just assume it is you.

"i can work ONLINE i dont need a visa for that"

Hate to burst your bubble....you do need an visa, actually a work permit...

So now you have two things against you.....no visa and no work permit...

Wouldnt bend down in the shower after the Thai immigration picks you up....

good lord this board can be a miserable place filled with miserable people. at least the potential "troll" has a sense of humour.

Edited by t.s

Troll or not adventureasia does raise the interesting question, while it certainly is

necessary to furnish your I.D. details to your landlord is it really a good idea to

give them all your exact visa information? I just don't think it's their business.

And Yes, while it seems to be a law that they register their guests with immigration

within 24 hours it's laughable how few places actually do this? In this lower-end

range of accomodation he's talking about, I just don't see the owners giving this

a whole lot of scrutiny. So, Yes he needs to take care of his visa but probably

preferable he has his own place rather than staying somewhere moods might

change in a day and he finds himself scrambling for accommodation. Flame me. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to burst your bubble, but go to the Ministry of Labor and try to tell them you want a work permit for working online and they'll most likely laugh in your face or look at you very strangely. Honestly, they and the immigration police don't care about this kind of thing. People on this very board have related their story of trying to get a work permit for working online from their apartment and were basically told by the authorities that nobody is going to bother them if they are doing this and they had no idea how to get them a work permit for this. Technically, you should, but the only way would be to make a company here and have all the money coming into Thailand, not a bank account in your home country, etc. This is Thailand.

• 5 months later...