Hints For Those Looking For Second Hand Golfing Equipment

sbk

sbk;

Thank you for pointing this out. There is a considerable amount of golf equipment that is sold and has been used only a few times. A quick way to check this is look at the bottom of the club and see how much its scratched. Also look at the grips, if they look worn or a bit fuzzy then they have had good use.

This aside, the main thing in my mind is to look for rust or damage on the shaft. Then look at the head of the club and see if there is any obvious damage or rust.

Finally take them to the range and have a test hit.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm in Bangkok and I enjoy the odd round of golf. I've started noticing that my clubs are starting to get little rust spots on the shaft. How do you prevent rust? It seems no matter how clean I keep them they still rust. I know it's caused by the humidity here but I try to keep them in cool dry places at home without success. Is there and clear rust removing/preventing spray or laquer available?

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/23/2011 at 2:19 PM, teko said:

Best way to clean up rust on the shafts and heads, is get one of those green scouring pads, warm soapy water and away you go

Well, cleaning the equipment sounds very sanitary, this method seems to be very reasonable and quick. Good tip!