Extension Of One Visa "o"

If all your papers are in order, for an initial extension:

1. In Bangkok, it currently takes 40 days - exactly.

2. You may depart Thailand while you have the "under consideration" stamp in your passport - you must first obtain a re-entry permit.

3. They mainly quastion your wife about your living arrangements together, and the degree to which you actually provide her with financial support. They also typically ask questions that would help an immigration field inspector actually find your residence. Finally, they may ask questions about the photos that you must supply, showing happy couple together in your home. They can generally "sniff out" very close, warm relationships, and also clearly phony relationships. In either of these cases, they don't ask much. In the middle ground, the may ask more.Good liuck!

Cheers!

Indo-Siam

Indo-Siam is spot on with everything. Just to add a few more points.

They will, at least Mai Sai Immigration did visit our humble abode unnanounced one day and looked around a bit, nothing too intrusive as they did not go upstairs.

Take a photo of the happy couple standing in front of the humble abode.

Once you finally get the visa, for me it was about 100 days, maybe because it had to travel from Mai Sai to BKK and back, the visa is backdated to the day you initially applied. In my case I applied in December 2003 and received the visa in April, but the visa expires December 2004.

As for travel during the wait, I had no problem, I made 2 or 3 trips outside the kingdom during this waiting period and only had to have a re-entry permit, they give you a new stamp stating visa is under consideration.

Good luck