Asus Announces Eee Pc 900 With 9-inch Screen

bill1960

Any news on the availability in Pattaya yet?

Not many news in Pattaya :D

You can find EeePc 701 4G and 8G

You can find at least the EeePc 900 (1 Go ram, 20 Go SSD, Linux, 19.900 baht :D ) but nothing about EeePc 901 or EeePc 1000...

I was in Tuckom 2 hours ago (before going to the market) and looked and asked for the new Asus models.

Nobody knows ! I got NO information about availability or price... :o

I think you will have to buy it in Bangkok but that you will have to wait for that anyway...

Pattaya46

6-11-08-eee-1000.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I posted this on another similar thread but will add it here too.

Today I got the spec and prices from local IT centre (Rayong). I found:

1. The 701 with 4G memory for 8990 baht

2. The 900 with 30G hard drive 14990 Baht

3. The 900 with 20G solid state drive 15990 Baht

4. The 901 with Intel Atom and uprated sound, but forget the memory size (I think 20G) 19990 Baht

5. The 1000, which is slightly bigger and I didn't get the rest of the spec 19990 Baht

All these options, except 1, have a six cell battery giving them 5-6 hours power up, or so I was told.

I think I am going to go for option 2, the 900 with solid state memory which should make it a bit quicker. However I am going to look around first as this is the only shop I have found them in so far. If anyone has seen them cheaper please let me know. I am going to try to get to Pantip if possible to check there.

I got the Acer Aspire One -> http://www.acer.com/aspireone instead because it is 20 to 25 percent cheaper than the similar Asus Eee.

If its the same price then I would get the Asus. The only thing I wish for the Acer is the longer battery life, the 3 cell pack only last a little over 2 hours but they have a 6 cell pack but at the time I got mine its not available yet.

Saw the Eee PC 1000H (incorrectly advertised as the 1000 in the pic below) at Fortune today on the 4th floor, right side while walking towards the Tesco end from the escalators. Not sure of the shop name.

Here are the specs and prices of the 1000H, 901, 900H, and 900 models they had available. The 1000 was available in white and black. The keyboard is much big and more comfortable/easier to use than on the 900 models.

I didn't see the 1000, which comes with a 40GB SSD instead of the 80GB HDD, and Linux instead of WinXP Home. It's supposed to be a tad bit cheaper, and the battery is supposed to last between 30 minutes - 1 hour longer, due to the SSD I assume.

Edited by surface

I highly recommend getting a SSD model. My EEE (SSD model) is lightening fast compared to the hard drive versions. You do sacrifice on space, but gain the reliability and performance that only SSD offers. They are also great little machines, very robust and easy to take with you. If you're going to be using it on the run a lot, try and get a crystal case to protect it along the way.