Printer With External Ink Tank Attached By Tubes

roog

Hi,

I bought an Epson C90 with external ink tanks attached by tubes. I think that "mod" is non-epson. Should the external tanks be placed above the printer to allow for feed by gravity, or at the same level? Should the caps be left open or closed?

I bought an Epson 230 at Pantip. The tanks are at the same level as the printer, and the caps should be OFF when yiu use it and ON when in storage, otherwise there will be a vacuum in the tanks due to the suction from the printer.

This is the best hardware i have purchased in many years. Not sure abt the printer price, but the tanks was 1000 Baht, ink included. I think 6500 for both. Works like a charm, great prints, so the ink seems to be ok. Only drawback is that i have to go to Pantip to buy refill. But i like Pantip, so...

Thanks Schlu, that indeed seems to be the way. I too am very pleased with the setup, though I had some problems configuring it owing to the cr*ppy USB lead. All OK since replacing the lead. I bought at Panthip too. I think it was something ridiculous like 3500 baht including the tanks.

Dont suppose anyone could give me a price breakdown per page......... I need to print many things in colour but with the exhorbitant price of ink cartridges I have made do with a laser printer and colour pencils until now

This idea sounds very interesting that you can buy a inkjet and attach separate colour tanks. what printers does this work with and do you refill the tanks or have them replaced (my problem being I am in the south and would have to send them I guess)

thanks for any info

Thanks Schlu, that indeed seems to be the way. I too am very pleased with the setup, though I had some problems configuring it owing to the cr*ppy USB lead. All OK since replacing the lead. I bought at Panthip too. I think it was something ridiculous like 3500 baht including the tanks.

Strange. I asked them if printer cable was included, and they smiled and said "of course".

When home I connected the printer and printed one photo, then it died. No connection with the printer. I cursed the b-rds and imagined travelling 350 +350 km:s to replace the printer. But then I exchanged the withheld cable with an old one - and presto!

It seems like they bought a sh-tload of bad cables for peanuts! :o

>Dont suppose anyone could give me a price breakdown per page

For simple text with pictures I brought the price per page (A4) down from in excess of 30 Baht a page down to about 1 Baht a page by changing from HP Photo quaility inkjet to Epson desktop quaility inkjet.

For the documents no change of noticable quaility, prints a bit faster as well.

Also experiment with different brands of paper, glossy as well as matt.

I believe the expression is horses for courses.

>Dont suppose anyone could give me a price breakdown per page

For simple text with pictures I brought the price per page (A4) down from in excess of 30 Baht a page down to about 1 Baht a page by changing from HP Photo quaility inkjet to Epson desktop quaility inkjet.

For the documents no change of noticable quaility, prints a bit faster as well.

Also experiment with different brands of paper, glossy as well as matt.

I believe the expression is horses for courses.

Cheers

JAF