Not Overly Keen On Thai Food...urgent

jingjingna

Will be taking my mothere to Pattaya for a couple of nights and want to know where to take her as she doesn't seem to be too keen on Thai food, unfortunately! We'll be somewhere around the Second Road, so recommendations uregently needed!

Cheers guys/gals :o

Will be taking my mothere to Pattaya for a couple of nights and want to know where to take her as she doesn't seem to be too keen on Thai food, unfortunately! We'll be somewhere around the Second Road, so recommendations uregently needed!

Cheers guys/gals :o

try Symphony on the left side of 2nd Road between Sois 7 & 8. Hugh is a great host, the food is excellent and reasonably priced. My mother likes it there. It used to be called Mata Hari for the benefit of the old campaigners

Thanks timekeeper..I'll make a note of that!

As for Big C as suggested by Sebd, I haven't invited her all thsi way to make her eat out in supermarket type outlets although I often frequent them myself. She is on holiday after all! I just want somewhere reasonably priced where I can take her that will give her enough choice. Thanks anyway.

Why travel, if ya do not like the food in the respective countries?

Main fun for me in travelling is trying all the difering types of cuisine.

Love Bangers wall to wall hawkers.

I am a NZer.

A guy I worked with in NZ, bragged how he enjoyed his BIG OE.

He went to UK, stayed in London, Earls Court, ate NZ, cheese, butter and lamb...... of course Earls Court regs are all Kiwis and Aussies.

I asked why he bothered going.......... sheeeeeeeeeesh.

Edited by Zpete

The same reason that some people come to Thailand and don't sample the nightlife. There are other attractions.

I love Japanese food, Vietnamese food and food in Singapore, but I prefer traveling in Thailand ene though I am not crazy about Thai food.

Luckily, you can get almost anything you want here now! :o

May i suggest that you take your mother down Soi Chiapoon (not sure how to spell it) it is off soi bouakow and runs up the 3rd road. There are two nice restaurents on the Soi, either Seasider or Neeroys - the prices are reasonable, the menus have a very large choice. Seasiders Roast beef & yorkishire pudding or Lamb & mint sauce - yummy - is lovely for about 100bt. Neeroys English style Fish n Chips are the same about 100bt. These are not posh restaurents, but they are clean and value for money. I am sure your mum will enjoy the food as i have seen many other English ladies eating there and they looked to be enjoying there meals. hope your mum enjoys her stay in Pattaya.

Oh Jeez, he/she is taking her mother out for dinner and you suggest cheap ass joints such as neeroys to eat some muck that cost 100b <deleted>.

To the OP stay well away from soi Choyapoon or whatever, it's a sh*thole.

Do yourself and your mum a favour and get across to Cherry's on 3rd road opposit to Xcyte Disco for some truly excellent fine dining at reasonable prices. Granted it will cost you more than 100 bht but is way cheaper than the top end resteraunts of Pattaya but of the same quality.

The guy who runs it used to be the head chef at Bruno's which is one of THE fine dining establishments in Pattaya but at much lower prices and much more casual. Believe me the food is great.

There is another thread but you would have to search for it, it was called the best eateries of pattaya and this place was having constantly good reports. The only thing it does tend to always fill up quickly and for 2 people dining I would budget somwhere between 600 to 1200 thb depending on what you eat and how many courses you have.

Because food is not the only reason to visit foreign countries.

It is up to each individual, and i was merely adding to this discussion stating that i (and a lot of others i have seen) enjoy eating at Neeroys & seasider, i agree they are not posh, but the food is nice and its clean with good service. I thought that this forum and this particular thread was for people to help the guy take his mum somewhere for nice food, i didnt think it was for slagging off sois and particular restaurents !!! There are hundreds of eating places in Pattaya - its up to each individual.

Symphony is always good value.

You might try taking a Song Taew to Cabbages and Condoms...they have Thai and International food AND a reasonable wine cellar. The restaurant is very pleasant with sea views and tropical gardens...if you are really taking your mother, she'll love it....mine did anyway.

PS - the Thai food is "tones down" for westerners and there is a good choice of sea food so she ca eat "that foreign muck" without the pain.

Flamingo Hotel has great western food in the Renoir restaurant. The place has a strong expat following (at least 50% gay). They have a dinner set price each evening. Otherwise, take her to one of the buffets at Lek Hotel, Diana Inn, or something like that.

Cherry's is a good suggestion. Flamingo Hotel food (Renoirs) is cheap, but below average. If you want to eat on that soi, the best choice for a set meal (210 baht, three courses) is La Petite Planete (owner from France) though I do admit the the facility at the Flamingo is more pleasant (indoor aircon).

Out of the way and the food has gone downhill, but the Great American Rib Company on Threprassit could be a lot of fun, and you can sit in or out depending on the weather. The buffalo chicken wings are for sure the best in town, and the ribs have been excellent in the past (last visit, not). They offer feasts for groups with a big variety of BBQ foods and sides that might be alot of fun for you.

Some more ideas. The Montien Hotel on 2nd road does regular theme buffet nights (under 1000 Baht), at least one night is Mediterranean food. That hotel also features one of the best Chinese (expensive) restaurants in town.

Edited by Jingthing

• 3 months later...

You originally asked:

Cheers guys/gals :D

After I made a suggestion, we got this:

Thanks timekeeper..I'll make a note of that!

As for Big C as suggested by Sebd, I haven't invited her all thsi way to make her eat out in supermarket type outlets although I often frequent them myself. She is on holiday after all! I just want somewhere reasonably priced where I can take her that will give her enough choice. Thanks anyway.

All you said was non-Thai food, you didn't state any other criteria (for your infomation, some of the eateries in Big C are actually quite good and can even offer a decent Thai/non-Thai mix and so adress various people's preferences, at the same time). :D

After a few more replies, the dummy (pacifier) was well and truly thrown out of the pram:

She's here for me NOT for the food.

It was YOU that were so hurriedly and concernedly asking about food recommendations. :D

You really are an angry chappie, aren't you? :o

(missing mummy, perhaps) :D

Main fun for me in travelling is trying all the difering types of cuisine.

Love Bangers wall to wall hawkers.

I am a NZer.

A guy I worked with in NZ, bragged how he enjoyed his BIG OE.

He went to UK, stayed in London, Earls Court, ate NZ, cheese, butter and lamb...... of course Earls Court regs are all Kiwis and Aussies.

silly boy

She's here for me NOT for the food.

im afraid u wont get the correct answer pattayas full of sad <deleted>, take no notice of em, take ur mum to 2 to nickys soi bukaoi, shenanagins 2nd road theres many more if u wish 2 know, "i know my mums 78" and lived here 4 2 years

Because food is not the only reason to visit foreign countries.

no one said that, thats typical of pattaya ex pats, there here 4 a while and they know it all . :o

It is up to each individual, and i was merely adding to this discussion stating that i (and a lot of others i have seen) enjoy eating at Neeroys & seasider, i agree they are not posh, but the food is nice and its clean with good service. I thought that this forum and this particular thread was for people to help the guy take his mum somewhere for nice food, i didnt think it was for slagging off sois and particular restaurents !!! There are hundreds of eating places in Pattaya - its up to each individual.

i totally agree with u, but im afraid pattayas full of chak wows, u cannot waste ur breath

Cheers guys/gals :D

try Symphony on the left side of 2nd Road between Sois 7 & 8. Hugh is a great host, the food is excellent and reasonably priced. My mother likes it there. It used to be called Mata Hari for the benefit of the old campaigners

I think Symphony has closed :o . Can't swear to it but it's always in darkness when I pass these days.

Oh Jeez, he/she is taking her mother out for dinner and you suggest cheap ass joints such as neeroys to eat some muck that cost 100b <deleted>.

To the OP stay well away from soi Choyapoon or whatever, it's a sh*thole.

Do yourself and your mum a favour and get across to Cherry's on 3rd road opposit to Xcyte Disco for some truly excellent fine dining at reasonable prices. Granted it will cost you more than 100 bht but is way cheaper than the top end resteraunts of Pattaya but of the same quality.

The guy who runs it used to be the head chef at Bruno's which is one of THE fine dining establishments in Pattaya but at much lower prices and much more casual. Believe me the food is great.

There is another thread but you would have to search for it, it was called the best eateries of pattaya and this place was having constantly good reports. The only thing it does tend to always fill up quickly and for 2 people dining I would budget somwhere between 600 to 1200 thb depending on what you eat and how many courses you have.

You beat me to it, why not crazy daves or ther dogs <deleted> come to that, jeez i wouldnt be taking my old mum anywhere near any of them, ,.shenanigans or sizzler would be fine,and of course cherrys, super meal,however give her a treat and take her to the birds and the bees /cabbages and condoms, its a beautiful place,. Edited by imaneggspurt

It seems like most of the replies are not really the sort of advice hes after,.did he mention he was on a budget?,.neeroys and others wouldnt be on my short list,and as for nickys we went there a month ago and smoking seemed compulsory, :o , these are cheap charlie expat places, not somewhere to take your mum surely,.it seems most people answering this question are thinking for themselves on how to stay in pattaya as cheap as possible,..some of you would be giving her a bowl of rice and a leo beer it seems :D

Have you tried Ruen Thai opposite RGP? Good food reasonably priced and an excellent Thai show thrown in, I always take my visitors there for at least one night and have always had postive comments fromt hem.

Try Robins Nesturant (yes thats its name) on Soi Dianna Inn opposit the Areca hotel.

Great food and a great Sunday Carvery about 199 Baht, all you can eat.

Edited by edd