Above Ground Pools

positiveaction

I am amazed that more above ground pools are not seen in Thailand. In many countries they are very common as a simple and affordable way to have your own pool if you are renting a house or dont want to spend a fortune, but enjoy the cool water and exercise in such a hot and humid country.

Do people like these? They can be very low priced or a full on pool upto 200,000 THB.....open to any thoughts! I believe Intex is the best worldwide brand.

That reminds me! Someone was asking about the perfect gift to give children? We bought a few of those blow up pools about five feet across and a foot deep, All the kids loved them! Easy to fill up with rain water from the roof or hose. We also gave alot of patches to seal any leaks for the future. They even empty them, dry them out and sleep in them at night.

Thanks for reminding me of them.

meandwi

The swimming pool is not always a big problem, rather the maintenance costs and mostly the fact that water is not always available up country.

Where I live there has been no government water for most of last week and 2 days so far this week. We live on very roacky ground and down in the village it cost them around 1,000,000 to drill a borehole to give the village water supplies to live with. Any surplus water would go for irrigation.

Other than that I would love a pool.

I have bought 2 of them (for kids and adults) cheap in england for xmas presents and got them with me to thailand - unfortunately my family doesn't use them because they are taking too much space in the garden and because they are too lazy to erect and mantain them.

as to water - the rain water can be used (as someone pointed out) and the dirty one can diverted into the irrigation canal, so no wasted.

I am amazed that more above ground pools are not seen in Thailand. In many countries they are very common as a simple and affordable way to have your own pool if you are renting a house or dont want to spend a fortune, but enjoy the cool water and exercise in such a hot and humid country.

Do people like these? They can be very low priced or a full on pool upto 200,000 THB.....open to any thoughts! I believe Intex is the best worldwide brand.

i looked into it and the ones i saw didnt look very attractive or the price was nr to having a nice tiled in ground pool.......so thats what im gonna have.i could do without the hassle of digging hole,concreting etc and an above ground pool is moveable which is good.oh well

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I've bought a 15' Intex pool from toyznet with no problems at all.

But in my opinion the intex pump and the filter aren't so great. What kind of filterpump would you guys recommend and where do i get it ? I need a decent pool vacuum as well. I'm located in Phuket.

the issue with aboveground pools for me would be not having the insulating/cooling from the earth surrounding it ...

not to mention the lack of stability ... give me a nice deep inground pool with some shade and a pump that sprays water over the pool to add to the cooling and I am a happy camper!

I've bought a 15' Intex pool from toyznet with no problems at all. The pool is actually very stable but i have another problem with it. The included intex pump and the filter aren't so great. I thought about getting a sandfilterand i need a decent pool vacuum as well. What would you guys recommend and where can i buy it ?

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread, but I would be very interested to get feedback from owners of above ground pools in Thailand.

I am building 2 'mini-resorts' in Phuket. My previous resort had a 9x5m concrete pool which was fine, but was quite an expensive purchase. What's more, few guests actually bothered to use the pool because the resort was a transit (single-night stay) resort by the airport. Most guests simply didn't have time to use the pool, but appreciated that it was there if they wanted to use it.

So for my new projects, which are also transit resorts, I recognise the importance of having a swimming pool onsite, but all that is really needed is a splash pool. An above ground pool, tastefully integrated into the resort with flowers/decking etc, would seem to fit the bill, but at a much lower price than a concrete or fibreglass pool.

What the pros and cons? I'm ignorant about AGP, but am very close in my project plans to need to purchase 2 AGPs

Simon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Simon, I as well am interested in this.

Also very interested in this. I need to build an above ground pool. 5M x 2.M. Needs to be 2.5M deep at the deep end, in order to work with our plans. Is that too big and/or deep for an above ground pool? Any one recommended in Phuket? Heard anything of all4funpools?