How Many Of You Make Money Online?

Norrad

Tried to sign up. Created my ad, keywords etc. Get to the credit card info page and entered all that. When I click FINISH, it just reverts back to the payment page. Any ideas?

Also, what do you consider a reasonable conversion rate for one of your sites?

I'm busy checking it out now. Are you using an actual credit card, or a virtual card from a Thai bank?

It was an actual card from the US.

Also, what do you consider a reasonable conversion rate for one of your sites?

A fair while back (this may be well out of date now), the 'average' click through rate for text was supposedly around 0.3% (which is pretty awful, but this figure is presumably skewed by the relatively huge proportion of rubbish sites out there). My work site was doing about 3% at its peak, and the best I know of for sure is about 11% off one of the more popular Thai sites.

My conversion rate on the eBook is about 0.5%. Not great, but if I get decent traffic, then it's fine. I'm considering just making it free (about 100 pages) and then adding adsense.

I have a 69% CTR on one site that is designed around adsense. Average per click is 9 cents. Sounds great until I tell you that I've had 240 visitors in the past 3 months. Now if I could somehow get even a few hundred visitors per day, I might be on to something. If there are any SEO experts out there who might want to get involved for a share of the profits, feel free to PM.

Edited by ChiangMaiThai

I cant be bothered with it anymore due to the hassle factor..

But running bent HYIP sites is golden.. My very first one made 7k USD in its 72 hour lifespan !!

Of course you have to be happy with the moral implications of separating a sucker from thier money.

I had never heard of HYOP before. I checkout out myhyip.com. Are these all just blatant scams or do the first people in make money while the last lose?

My guess is that 80% are 100% scams.. eg they pay out nothing.. Then of the remaining 20% possibly half or a quarter actually stick to the rules, its too easy to play with the script or even to simply gamble the timescale with the knowledge of whats in the pot and the ability to make sure the admin is the first one paid..

So yes they are mostly pure scams but one or two are legit.. I saw some get huge something??4Profits went to many millions with a long timeline slow payout structure.

Personally I think having a few links back to your site from popular forums is quite useful. It will certainly get a new site indexed for a start, but it depends to a fair extent on what your site is about. If its something a bit unusual then just getting indexed may be enough to throw you to the number one spot in Google. But if your site is about something dirt common, it won't help.

I have a number of sites, some are pre-Adsense. I put Adsense on most of them as soon as it was available. I make high $xxx per month from the entire account. I also do some affiliate, but that's pretty seasonal and averages about 40-50% of Adsense.

A couple of sites give me fits of frustration. One is a travel maps site .. I've actually drawn many of the maps and added some content about the country. But my clickthrough rate is dismal ..

$0.30/day from 300 uniques.:o

I've thought about Amazon (travel guide books and hard copy maps) as an affiliate, but wonder if it's worth the effort.

Anyone have any experience with Amazon, any recommendations for the maps site?

A couple of sites give me fits of frustration. One is a travel maps site .. I've actually drawn many of the maps and added some content about the country. But my clickthrough rate is dismal ..

Maybe you would do better putting your maps on a stock photo/image service eg. istockphoto, where someone else markets your content and you get a slice when people buy it?

We have been making a decent living from the internet since 2000. Long may it continue and death to the MFA sites. Sorry if that includes you.

Well then, care to share a few tips?

Edited by Crushdepth

For those who submit articles to directories and press releases to the PR services, do you:

1. Submit the same article and press release to the dozens of different services?

2. Submit different articles and press releases to the dozens of different services?

3. Submit a completely unique article and PR to only one article distribution and one PR service?

What I'm getting at- Is it wise to write one article and then submit it to the top 20 article distribution sites or is this considered a type of SPAM?

Tried to get an answer over at warriorforum.com, but that's a busy place and your post gets knocked off the first page in minutes.

Another quick question. If you want a clickbank affiliate to sell your product, you have to of course let the transaction go through clickbank. So if I want affiliates from different networks to be able to sell my product, do I have to make multiple sites, each with a different payment option?

We have been making a decent living from the internet since 2000. Long may it continue and death to the MFA sites. Sorry if that includes you.

It did include me at one point (sorry). Then i realized the only way it would work was to create unique content of real value. At the same time, i think google became much more strict in what they index. Actually for awhile I was pulling of the old adwords to adsense scheme. I would pay $10 in adwords to direct traffic to a site (usually at .05 CPC) and adsense would payout $12 or $13. I was very excited- seeing dollar signs- 100 sites multiplied by $2 a day. Then, after a month or so my adwords ads stopped showing and I was told to bid more for the same keywords, rendering my dream officially dead. I've never been able to get the same low CPC on those keywords again.