Childrens Thai Passports Application Help

pattayarangers

My 5 year old son has both UK and Thai Passports. Both need to be re-newed this year. I will do the UK one when we visit London in August. My problem is with the Thai one.

I am divorced from my Thai wife , and she left me with my son 3 years ago . Im sure I wll need her to sign to re-new his Thai passport ? Can she do it with a power of attorney , or does she have to be present ? I have his birth certificate, our divorce papers, and we were married before he was born, so my name on birth certificate.

If I cannot get hold of her before hand what can I do ? She has only seen him once in 3 years and has no wish to look after him.

Also if we go to UK , leave on his UK passport and fly back in on his UK passport what visa would he get ? I have a work permit / non imm B so get the year, and reporting every 90 days .

Any advice appreciated.......... before I go to lawyer

My 5 year old son has both UK and Thai Passports. Both need to be re-newed this year. I will do the UK one when we visit London in August. My problem is with the Thai one.

I am divorced from my Thai wife , and she left me with my son 3 years ago . Im sure I wll need her to sign to re-new his Thai passport ? Can she do it with a power of attorney , or does she have to be present ? I have his birth certificate, our divorce papers, and we were married before he was born, so my name on birth certificate.

If I cannot get hold of her before hand what can I do ? She has only seen him once in 3 years and has no wish to look after him.

Also if we go to UK , leave on his UK passport and fly back in on his UK passport what visa would he get ? I have a work permit / non imm B so get the year, and reporting every 90 days .

Any advice appreciated.......... before I go to lawyer

IMHO a power of attorney from her to you in this matter should suffice. To achieve that you need to find her. OR else you will need to use a Thai lawyer in Thailand to get a Court Order.