General

stressed

hi newbie just looking for any advice , having been to thai a few times , i met a ordinary girl fell for her ,, although im married and recently came out for short break , 3 months on i find i am to become a father , the mother is asking me to register our child at uk embassy , what are the implications for me with embassy in doing this ? i obviously wish to play a full part. would be gratefull for any advice please

Rainman, I don't like you. It's comments like that which bring Thaivisa down. If you think you are being funny why not post in the jokes section, or at least on a less serious question.

Stressed, I think that the mother of your child would like to have the child have access to dual citizenship. I don't know if you have to register the baby before birth or after at the UK Embassy but I would recommend you call them up or look on their website to find out. By the way, what do you mean by wanting to play a full part?

Rainman, I don't like you. It's comments like that which bring Thaivisa down. If you think you are being funny why not post in the jokes section, or at least on a less serious question.

Stressed, I think that the mother of your child would like to have the child have access to dual citizenship. I don't know if you have to register the baby before birth or after at the UK Embassy but I would recommend you call them up or look on their website to find out. By the way, what do you mean by wanting to play a full part?

I believe that the UK Government is pretty insistent that the parents of a claimant are legally married. Isn't that true Scouse ?

Walk away.

If she's a "regular girl" like you mentioned then she does NOT know that you have to legally recognize the kid before birth in order for it to qualify for UK nationality.

Why does she want this anyway? For any regular expecting mother, surely this is a minor concern?

Besides: You're married, get a grip. Tough bananas, rather than durex.com, inform her of durex.com/th/ It's in Thai. :o

And, now that we're suspecting that this girl is slightly less regular than you thought, how can you be sure you're even the father. Please, men are dogs, start acting like one.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Mate,

You will have a lot of hassle to get "your" child UK Nationality.

Although it depends on the individual relationship you have with this woman, I would tend to agreee with Chanchao.

Sure she is a 'regular' girl? Most regular Thai girls I know would not care about this!

This sounds to me far from regular, but I am sometimes wrong.

If the kid is in fact yours(I would definately get a DNA test-the embassy would probably demand it anyway), what are you going to do? Just keep sending money, would you tell your wife? I imagine you would get into ALL sorts of bother.

Although it it very hard to do, it might be best for all in the longrun. I expect that she meant to get pregnant, knowing you are a soft touch.

Walk away.

Actually, a "regular girl" would want to do what is best for her son or daughter and register the baby where appropriate. I wouldn't be surprised if she has talked to others that are in similar situations that have advised her to do this as it is the best thing for her new child. Most Thai people will consult with friends when making big decisions as we do when we use this forum for asking advice. You, Stressed, should also do what is best for your son or daughter, who will be born, innocant and yours (after approprate tests are done confirming paternity), regardless of whether you used or didn't use birth control.

I suppose I might have overreacted (and I am sorry) Chanchao and Rainman are trying to use this post as a warning to the many guys that use this forum. It is important to use birth control. Especially if you are cheating on your wife.

What is done is done, I just hope you can find it in your heart to help the mother of your baby as she is probably feeling lonely. Thailand is difficult as it is for a young woman, let alone a single mother.

www.whydeletemypostandnotrainmansimmaturepost.com

www.becausehedidn'tbreakanyboardrulesbutyoudid.com

Note that 'maturity' is not a requirement for posting on Thaivisa. (And I sometimes wonder how many posts we'd have if it was. :o )

However, flaming someone and calling him names IS against board rules. I did copy the contents of that post so I can PM it to you to refresh your memory. That sort of thing very much IS against board rules.

Note that I don't have an opinion about if his post was mature or not, and I don't mind either way.

Cheers,

Chanchao