Where Can I Donate Clothes In Chiang Mai?

JohnLocke

I have a bunch of women's clothing, in good condition, which I'd like to donate. Churches, NGOs, charities - anywhere would be fine. I just want to be able to drop it off myself, as opposed to mailing it to some P.O. Box. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks alot!

I have a bunch of women's clothing, in good condition, which I'd like to donate. Churches, NGOs, charities - anywhere would be fine. I just want to be able to drop it off myself, as opposed to mailing it to some P.O. Box. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks alot!

Great! Thanks!

If you go to the lobby of the Tessabarn (Municipal Hall) close to the 'white chedi' on the river and the US Consulate, you will see a collection box near the front. This is run by Chiangmai Commercial College and donations are distributed cleanly and fairly to needy hilltribe and poor Thai people in the far north.

The lobby is accessible every day except Sunday, and even on Saturdays when the place looks closed you can still park in there and pop in with donations.

Clothes in children's sizes, shoes, books (in Thai) and toys are also much appreciated.

You can also take them to the old folks home on Moon Muang. Right on the South East corner inside the moat. There are around 200 old timers (older than me) there who love to get tarted up.

Quite correct and I know they are deserving of help. In this society, it is rare and unfortunate indeed that some old folks are abandoned by families to 100% govt care.

I would just gently make the point that in the hills of the north many people die of cold every year (early Dec to late Feb). Warm, western style clothing is thus much appreciated in that box at the Tessabarn.