Electric Strimmer Or Lawnmower Needed

Talisman

Just a word of warning ........... I've had 3 strimmers in the last year ..... they don't last !!

The plastic around the reel shatters on a regular basis, and I was forever replacing the reels as the rock hard ground under the grass kept breaking them. If you wan't to save money, you would be better off spending a little more on a proper mower with solid parts that can withstand the soil conditions ........ (just my couple of satang worth). It's also impossible to get any spare/replacement parts.

I purchased my strimmer and lawnmower in Sakon Nakhon.

I am not sure what the shop is called but they sell everything ie power tools water pumps it is something like a builders merchants. It is at the back of Tesco Lotus on the main road.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Buffalo, if you look at the date on the previous posts, you will find that they are all from 2008... A lot has changed since then in Kalasin... We now have our own Global House just outside of town, and they stock and sell both electronic weed eaters and electic lawn mowers of various brands... Also I beleive that the new Lotus here in Kalasin may even stock and sell weedeaters, even though I have not seen them personally... Kalasin has grown up in the 10 years that I have been here, and even though most of the charges have been for the Good, it is getting more and more like both Roi Et & Khon Kaen in many ways, which I view as not so Good... But still Love the place...

Pianoman

Buffalo, if you look at the date on the previous posts, you will find that they are all from 2008... A lot has changed since then in Kalasin... We now have our own Global House just outside of town, and they stock and sell both electronic weed eaters and electic lawn mowers of various brands... Also I beleive that the new Lotus here in Kalasin may even stock and sell weedeaters, even though I have not seen them personally... Kalasin has grown up in the 10 years that I have been here, and even though most of the charges have been for the Good, it is getting more and more like both Roi Et & Khon Kaen in many ways, which I view as not so Good... But still Love the place...

Pianoman

Yes, there is a choice of three branches of Global House for those in central Isaan now, in Khon Kaen, Roi Et or Kalasin, and they all have rather different stock. I bought a cheap petrol strimmer in Kalasin recently, which was on promotion there but not stocked in Roi Et. It probably won't last but was offered at a cut price. Didn't see anything in Tesco - though I wasn't really looking for a strimmer/lawn mower there.

Edited by citizen33

I have both ,but my "lawn mower " is a Thai style. You often see them being used on sporting ovals or grounds, many schools have them also.Uses a Honda 4 stroke engine G 200 about 5 H.P.. Works very well .My weed wacker is a Chinese ,2 stroke engine. Less than B 3,000,Cheap,although now you can by Japanese , with 4 stroke engine More than B9,000 . Mower was B9,900 some years ago. I had to buy it , then from Bkk. The weed wackers are sold in many places,farm supplies, some mechanics also sell them. Local councils use them a lot to cut roadside verges.The mower is belt driven from the engine ,turning the blades -2 of them.