English Schools For Thais Learning English

dukkha

:o Not sure if this is appropriate thread and maybe this topic is covered somewhere else.

I am looking for courses in conversational english for a thai friend. He is a beginner.

I know in CM Wat Suan Dok provides courses for thais in English at around 60 hours for 1200 baht

which is most reasonable. I wonder if any such english programs exist here in Bangkok for thais

who are unable to pay large amounts of money such as charged in the so called private English Schools

which seem to be maily about profit making rather than serious community effort to allow low income

thais to attend classes. Any recommendations will be gratefully received and acknowledged.

Day or Evening classes are suitable.... :D Dukkha...forgot to mention that my friend is a 30 year old so

adult english classes are what I am referring to.

:o Anyone know of adult english classes for thais.

Dont want some ritzy English Language school which charges like a wounded bull.

Any thoughts welcome. Community based organisations would be good

Dukkha :D

AUA - ECC

The Mormon church offers free classes on Wednesday evenings at their church on Suk 77 at 6 pm I think. I only know this because their elders were the entertainment at On Nut Square, beer garden a month or so ago and they were handing out leaflets to that effect.

Multiple threads with the same basic topic from the same poster have been merged, please don't post the same topic multiple times, thanks

:o I do apologise for my transgressions, do I needs go to the Principals Office?

Multiple threads with the same basic topic from the same poster have been merged, please don't post the same topic multiple times, thanks

:o I do apologise for my transgressions, do I needs go to the Principals Office?

:D Only if you are a good boy :D

No worries, but you did post 3 of the same topic dukkha! Finger get stuck on the post button?

:D Only if you are a good boy :D

No worries, but you did post 3 of the same topic dukkha! Finger get stuck on the post button?

:D Finger has been stuck many times before but not on the post button if ya get my drift... :D Dukkha

So I tried both AUA & ECC, they both seem to offer courses to Farang wanting to teach english but not actually teach english to Thai's, does anybody have any other suggestions ? your help is greatly appreciated.

:o Yes Rick I am a bit confused about AUA etc...I know there is a government sponsored program which offers courses to thais for free in subjects like hairdressing, flower arrangement ( not intending to be a smart arse) and maybe even computers but needs find out about english language teaching. When I was living in Chiangmai I taught at Wat Suan Dok which offered 60 hours at 1200 baht from beginners to advanced with a decent ratio of farang and thai teachers, I wondered if any such Wats here in Bangkok offer similar programs. The classes are a great success and it is certainly the Wat reaching out to the less fortunate in the community and not trying to make a business out of it.

:D Dukkha

^ I shot of a couple of emails to some schools I tracked down of the net, when I get info on the courses and costs I will post them here for you. In the meantime if anybody has any suggestions or recomendations on schools please let me know.

^ I shot of a couple of emails to some schools I tracked down of the net, when I get info on the courses and costs I will post them here for you. In the meantime if anybody has any suggestions or recomendations on schools please let me know.

:o Many thanks Rick...I am sure there must be some temple here in Bangkok which offers similar assistance to the one in Chiangmai in teaching english program for economically disadvantaged,, just not sure how to research it.. :D Dukkha