Not Married After 6 Months

Can anybody please tell me what will happened if we do not gett married in six months time???

do we have to go throug same process again? or is there is a simple way

My fiancee is Thai and I am Australian

Can anybody please tell me what will happened if we do not gett married in six months time???

Information at this DIAC website. If your relationship is terminated you must inform DIAC.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/p...obligations.htm

You will have been granted 1 sponsorship, you have 1 more to go before you become subject to the 1.20J rule.

Edited by david96

I want to add that we do intend to gett married in Thailand

thanks David

I would contact DIAC and advise them of your change of plan and that you are now going to be married in Bangkok with dates if available and see what their reply is on the matter. DIAC may just reissue a subclass 309 visa in Bangkok in place of the 300 after you are married.

Information at this DIAC website. If your relationship is terminated you must inform DIAC.

You will have been granted 1 sponsorship, you have 1 more to go before you become subject to the 1.20J rule.

thank you David but I belive that we did not cover my point and question.....

In january 2008 we intended to get married, but we never came to this stage , I had to come back to Australia before marriage.... I was told that all paper work in Thailand are valid for only 6 months. .. I am not sure if I can and will be able to return to Thailand within 6 months..... I belive that all paper works in Thailand will be canceled.....I want to know..... do we need to go true the same process after grace period of 6 months.... do we neeed to repete step ONE....as we did in begining...or can we get around and get married after 8 months without any problems...thanks

In january 2008 we intended to get married, but we never came to this stage , I had to come back to Australia before marriage.... I was told that all paper work in Thailand are valid for only 6 months. .. I am not sure if I can and will be able to return to Thailand within 6 months..... I belive that all paper works in Thailand will be canceled.....I want to know..... do we need to go true the same process after grace period of 6 months.... do we neeed to repete step ONE....as we did in begining...or can we get around and get married after 8 months without any problems...thanks

I would contact DIAC regarding this application and get their requirements, there may be a time limit to keep applications open. advise them of the proposed date of your marriage. You are required to advise DIAC of any changes.

David....

He was to marry in Thailand....he wants to get married in Thailand....they arranged the paperwork in Thailand to get married....Why does he need to contact DIAC ?? He has not mentioned any Oz visa at this stage.

If Auserb is talking about the freedom to "marry paperwork" etc....for him to marry in Thailand, I dont know the answer....best to get the GF to go and find out, Maybe the local Amphur could help. If not, then contact the office where you lodged the original papers.

David....

He was to marry in Thailand....he wants to get married in Thailand....they arranged the paperwork in Thailand to get married....Why does he need to contact DIAC ?? He has not mentioned any Oz visa at this stage.

If Auserb is talking about the freedom to "marry paperwork" etc....for him to marry in Thailand, I dont know the answer....best to get the GF to go and find out, Maybe the local Amphur could help. If not, then contact the office where you lodged the original papers.

[/quote

Read in error.

The post implied that a financee visa had been applied for there is a time limit of 9 months. You must inform DIAC if your plans change, refer to the "six months" in the post.

I read it that they went to Oz on a fiancee visa and do not intend to marry within the 6 month cut off period. His documents and possibly hers may expire and they might need to prove again that they are indeed free to marry. Presumably she will have to leave before the 6 months or has already done so.

I see their options as:

Just marry in a small civic service in Oz to satisfy the 6 month rule (if within the time now).

Go to LOS and marry using original or updated documents.

Apply under whatever visa rules you have to - seems the most complicated.

The highlighted parts indicate that it is not a prospective spouse visa situation....where in that do people read that they were in Oz on a PS visa ???

Also the time limit in Oz in which to marry on a prospective spouse visa is 9 months....not 6..

Edited by gburns57au

I think Auserb's looking for top level advice while only supplying base level facts.

I was confused as well with that first post. It sounded like she was on a fiancee visa, but the six months part didn't gell, as you normally get nine months to do the deed.

I think Auserb's looking for top level advice while only supplying base level facts.

I was confused as well with that first post. It sounded like she was on a fiancee visa, but the six months part didn't gell, as you normally get nine months to do the deed.

I think the question auserb is asking is "How long is the documentation for a legal marriage at an Amphur office in Thailand valid for?" (as far as an Australian citizen is concerned)